Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

Glitch-Inspired Music - Page 1

Glitch-Inspired Music

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-06-25 19:44:20
Since there is no section for music, this is where this post will go.

I am currently composing music based on Pokemon glitches, based on their instability, usefulness, and potential for harm to a save.
Composed music is based on a program I wrote for type, tempo and mood generation. I then wrote the music based on this.

So far, I have 10 written, but since the program I'm using is on my DSi, they have to be transferred to a PC via Auxiliary cord.

6-25-16: I have 2 recorded, edited, and finalized, and 1 recorded, but not edited.

6-26-16: Fixed #7. I dropped a clip in the wrong place. EDIT 2: Got #3 edited and finalized.

7-1-16: Finally got off my ass and bought a new AUX cable. Recording all of them now for future edits. EDIT: Only got one done. Procrastination!

7-12-16: AUDIO OUT has crapped out on my DSi. Since I cannot continue, I'll post what I have below and leave it at that. dammit… EDIT: Recording continues! ~$150 dropped into new AUDIO OUT port.

8-9-16: To celebrate the server migration being over FUCKING FINALLY I got off my ass and recorded 2 or 3 more.

This post will be edited when news is available.

I hope you guys realize how dedicated I am to this site!

[size=36pt]RELEASE: https://goo.gl/C7U7Tt[/size]
HOLY s**t this took a while! Sorry about that, but jobs and all.

Re: Glitch-Inspired Music

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-06-25 20:35:30
Can I make a request? If not, just let me know. I think a rock version of a variation on Female symbol's cry would be cool. I tried it once, but didn't get anywhere.

Date: 2016-07-12 17:39:08
EDIT: Teaser removed as full release has been… well… released. First post has link.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-07-13 04:31:21
This is wonderful music! :) You should publish this on Soundcloud or Youtube. I'm sorry to hear circumstances are you can't continue at the moment.

Date: 2016-07-13 10:30:07
This'll be GCL exclusive, as it's written for GCL members. :P
Can't have outsiders listening, can we?  :XD:

Date: 2016-07-13 11:20:36
Something quick: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2mawhgypAs[/youtube]

Date: 2016-07-15 20:07:13
Dropped ~$150 on a replacement for the jack – it's a little spotty and requires cord manipulation for stereo output. I can endure arthritic pain and temporary hand paralysis, however. After all, what small community WOULDN'T enjoy all 10 (11 if you count the minor edit in #7 that will be listed as an alt. track) tracks?

I am committed to this.

Original post will be updated with news, pop in from time to time.
(The main page won't update on edits… dammit…)

Posted by: TheUnReturned
Date: 2016-07-15 20:20:12
Do a music on 4 4 please :3:

Date: 2016-07-15 21:32:25

Already done. Off the top of my head, I can't remember which track it was, but there's one there based on it. :P

Posted by: TheUnReturned
Date: 2016-07-15 22:33:43

Already done. Off the top of my head, I can't remember which track it was, but there's one there based on it. :P

More suggestion:
zzazz
TMTRAINER effect
Invalid sound bank (srsly)

Date: 2016-07-29 22:42:55
Sorry about not having news, but work's getting hard. I'm on watch nearly 24/7 at the security firm's St. Louis client building. They're paying triple, but it's still harsh. Sleep, and all.

Date: 2016-08-09 23:18:26
To celebrate the site being back up I took a day off work, got off my ass, and recorded 2 or 3 more.

Date: 2016-08-10 01:31:15

To celebrate the site being back up I took a day off work, got off my ass, and recorded 2 or 3 more.

OT, nice vinesauce logo.

Date: 2016-08-10 11:11:16

OT, nice vinesauce logo.

Took me an hour to get the uploader to see it as a valid image after corruption.  :XD:

Date: 2016-08-21 14:46:04
It's out. Released. Done. FRIGGIN' FINALLY!

See first post.