Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games

Pok?mon Battle Simulator Beta (Bugfix 0.4.1 now available!) - Page 2

Re: Pok?mon Battle Simulator Beta (Version 0.4 now available!)

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2007-02-06 19:23:42
Yes, you can. However, you'll need to create a front sprite and back sprite of it and put them in the Images folder. I thought that this version would run OK without images, but it seems to have an issue with missing images that Newo reported to me via PM.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-02-06 21:41:48

Sweet.  I was wondering, although I think I already know the answer:  Can you add pokemon to the list?

Yes.

Posted by: Master_M
Date: 2007-02-06 22:09:09

Yes, you can. However, you'll need to create a front sprite and back sprite of it and put them in the Images folder. I thought that this version would run OK without images, but it seems to have an issue with missing images that Newo reported to me via PM.

1)You mean by editing the raw code in java or with the documents in the folders?
2)Adding some glitch Pokemon would be cool.
3)By missing images, you mean images not in the folder, I'm guessing.  I know nothing about programming in Java and Java's capabilities, and I'm trying to find a good tutorial to get me started in learning it.  So long story short, I'm clueless.

Date: 2007-02-08 10:13:56
You need to edit the pokedex.dat file, which is just a text file. Add a new line to it which is formatted as shown at the bottom of the INSTRUCTIONS.txt file, and then add your images to the images folder. The front sprite should be called [num]f.png, and the back sprite should be called [num]b.png. Replace the [num]s with the Pok?dex number of the new Pok?mon.

Posted by: Master_M
Date: 2007-02-10 00:16:44
Awsome!  Thx!

Date: 2007-02-11 12:04:40
Version 0.4.1 is now available! This is a bugfix release with only one major functional change: it now uses a separate file for each Pok?mon's data rather than storing all of them in one big file. This makes it somewhat easier to add new Pok?mon, and decreases the initial loading time, although it adds slightly to the team file loading time. However, because I added currently-unused information to these files, such as level-up moves and growth rates, this version takes up a LOT more space than the last. It's still a small program, but it's a lot bigger than it was before.

Fixed bugs include the backslash bug that prevented it from working on Macs (I tested it on a Linux machine and it seemed to work fine, although the graphics were all out of alignment), the fatal error that occured when image files were not present, and a logic bug that I caught myself: in the last version, it was possible for Steel-types to become poisoned! Thanks to Newo and Master_M for reporting bugs, and be sure to report any others that you find!

Re: Pok?mon Battle Simulator Beta (Bugfix 0.4.1 now available!)

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-11 12:08:36
It dosent show the levels

Re: Pokémon Battle Simulator Beta (Bugfix 0.4.1 now available!)

Date: 2007-02-11 12:11:02

It dosent show the levels
There wasn't room in the boxes. Once again, this is a beta, and I didn't focus much on appearance. The levels don't really matter, because all Pokémon are always the same level.

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-11 12:13:51
OOOOOh.. okay bye

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-07-15 22:51:24
Can you change the pokemon to their US names?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-15 23:18:50

Can you change the pokemon to their US names?

IIRC the pokemon names are stored in a text file, you can replace the JPN names with the US ones by editing it.