Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Starter Pokemon weird effects. (I'm not sure what to call it!) - Page 13

Re: Starter Pokemon weird effects. (I'm not sure what to call it!)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-02 16:57:08
Yeah, the codes, are quite stable, so that's good, I can keep researching, on them on what they're gonna do to my HoF. XD

Date: 2008-01-02 21:14:26
Well, I just tried Geodude, again, and it still crashes, even if I nicknamed it. I think it'll still be the same with the others. I'm sure it was Raticate that had the CoolTrainerFemaleSymbol type move.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-02 21:25:22
I have gotten every pokemon you've glitched into sprite form. enjoy…

Date: 2008-01-02 21:28:11
the last pictures

Date: 2008-01-02 21:28:41
Nice work. I'm still gonna keep researching, about other codes. When I put in a new code, I take pictures of the Pokdex, entery, etc, and I write them down, in my book, it's currently next to me. Next time, I'l scan up all my pages, of what I've learnt, and what happens. My writing isn't very good, I've always had troubles, writing well.

Date: 2008-01-02 21:34:05
That's cool that you have a glitch recording book, sort-of like Charles Darwin or Adubon exploring and discovering new things. XD

Date: 2008-01-02 21:36:07
XD I keep it, so I can remember, what happens. I suck at remembering.

Date: 2008-01-02 21:46:35
Oh and btw that one picture that looks like two yellow and mangled bulbasaurs are two attempts at unscrambling that glitchy riahchew and the reason that one of them has green in it because it was made on top of a green bulbasaur sprite. XD

Date: 2008-01-02 21:53:18
XD Ah, okay, and it's spelt Raichu.

Date: 2008-01-02 21:58:29
sorry, I'm not that good at spelling the names, but in the process I have discovered which pokemon that certain sprite is made of. got any new glitches?

Date: 2008-01-02 22:05:00
Well, not yet. That pink/red one, I found, I'm gonna try renaming it, see if that will stable the game. If not, I'll shoot it.

Date: 2008-01-02 22:09:41
Also if you can, try a tenticool or tenticruel code and see what happens…

ps. for some reason I had a feeling mewtwo would be blue.

Date: 2008-01-02 22:10:43
Tentacool, and Tenacruel? I can find out. Aoubt Mewtwo being blue? It looks like a Hybird of a Pokemon. Like Laprass.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-01-03 12:06:24
I think it might be a Seel/Mewtwo hybrid, actually.

Odd, for the Mew code it looks like your rival got a different Mew than you did. His was scrambled while yours wasn't, and it knew Peck (or Peck 40 ERROR), while yours knew Pound and nothing else.

Date: 2008-01-03 16:57:34
It was strange, yet funny. Also I had this idea. To encounter a Charizard M, without using a trick. Get through the game, up to Cinnabar Island, then Fly back to Veridian, speak with the Old Man, but before that happens, turn on the Charizard, code, the Old Man, should see a Charizard, not a Weedle, (Either scrambled, or not), then he'll catch it, and blah blah blah, Fly back to Cinnabar Island, surf up and down, and should see a Charizard. I'm gonna test this, on my Blue/Red, and see what will happen. I may noty appear, as Charizard M, but there has to be another way, of getting him, without, using the Q Trick, or trading an A, or something.