Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Hearthome city glitch - Page 1

Hearthome city glitch

Posted by: WithLightsOut
Date: 2008-03-10 17:51:38
I think I just found a glitch last night (after I got an AR and was playing around with it for a whole 5 minutes).
I was using run through anything in the trees around Route 209 (It said mystery zone).
Anyway, I came out of the trees and went through the building that takes you to Hearthome City, but I ran through building (didn't go inside) and when I got into Hearthome the streets were white. I didn't make it to far around because I paused the game to look at the map to see where I was and after unpausing, the city was back to normal. Was this found already? I did it on Diamond, I'll try it on Pearl in a little.
Also, after walking around some more, I found a buildingless Pastoria city, and no buildings at the beach.

[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/ash-land/DSC01226.jpg[/img]

But then I walked into the back of the pokemart =\
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/ash-land/DSC01227.jpg[/img]

Also, I just got AR last night, so can it mess up my game? I have A LOT done on my Diamond (recently finished my national dex). I bought a used Pearl today thinking I would just AR on there but it's loaded with pokemon I want, and there's more open space so I may keep some shinnies and extra legendaries on it  :P

Re: Hearthome city glitch

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-10 23:47:04
It can if you overuse it, or if you're using it for glitches (which deliberately screws with the game coding)

If it's for the latter, I suggest getting a used game to use it on if you care about the Pokemon on the versions you have.

Posted by: WithLightsOut
Date: 2008-03-11 19:54:03
This works on Pearl as well  O_o

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-03-22 06:17:01
I found this on Eterna City. It had little green blocks.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-22 06:30:46
The Glitch City of the 4th generation! So it's been in all so far then ;D. Seems more though that the cities just got slightly and temporarily edited from the way you entered them though (think of the Cycling Road glitch), but still cool.

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-03-23 18:42:39
Ah the white blocks and other glitchy places are apart of using WTWs D/P
It happens to me most of the time and it doesnt harm your game ^_^

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-03-23 21:55:42
It's just what the game displays when it doesn't have time to load the 3D rendered graphics.  The different colored blocks represent a script, a warp tile, and/or a 3D rendered object..

Date: 2008-03-24 00:27:02
^yes,eterna glitch city had green blocks. They represented warp ways and objects like the dialga/palkia statue.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-24 09:40:40

The Glitch City of the 4th generation! So it's been in all so far then ;D. Seems more though that the cities just got slightly and temporarily edited from the way you entered them though (think of the Cycling Road glitch), but still cool.

Nah…it's not the Glitch City of the 4th gen, but a glitched up normal city. Saw this while playing Pearl on my R4DS. It can resolve by walking into the PokeCenter or Pokemart, or by walking into a glitchy block YOU KNOW is supposed to be a building entrance.

I once encountered this south of Solaceon, and when I walked into a glitchy block, the game froze. That's the only time the game froze because of a glitchy block. GLITCHY BLOCKS!!!

Date: 2008-03-25 02:10:40
^ so…..missingno returned from the undead? He's a glitchy block too! He damages ur game. Woah to the similarities.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-25 02:41:26
Interesting. Er, MissingNo. is an only, R/B/Y, glitch, nothing else, and he doesn't appear in any other games, other than R/B/Y/ maybe in Green. I have 2 copies of Diamond, and one of Pearl, but no AR. If I could get something for D/P ROM, for them to run, I could try find some glitches, but I don't have a AR, and I don't want to ruin my D/P Games. Well, it could be a misread? Or something?

Date: 2008-03-25 02:50:33

Interesting. Er, MissingNo. is an only, R/B/Y, glitch, nothing else, and he doesn't appear in any other games, other than R/B/Y/ maybe in Green. I have 2 copies of Diamond, and one of Pearl, but no AR. If I could get something for D/P ROM, for them to run, I could try find some glitches, but I don't have a AR, and I don't want to ruin my D/P Games. Well, it could be a misread? Or something?

then it's missingno's sibling.

Date: 2008-03-25 02:58:38
*Sighs* He doesn't have one.

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-03-25 16:19:11

*Sighs* He doesn't have one.
She's right yanno <.<
The only time it COULD be Missingno is that if its in RBY named Missingno
I'd highly doubt Game Freak and Nintendo would make that mistake again. They HATED missingno when they realized what happened.

Date: 2008-03-25 18:00:56
I did have nightmares, about the Lavender Town Ghost, when I was young,and nearly jumped out of my skin, when I saw MissingNo. for the first time. That's what gotten me into glitch reasearch, was MissingNo. Besides, if they broguht back MissingNo. they wouldn't release the game, until he was removed, for good. Like with Yellow, but player's have found away around it, and still able ot catch him. It's false, that he damages, the game, it's lies. I have one, on my catridge, but he's not done anything.