Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Working on Pokemon Gold Beta Map Restoration Hack. Help wanted. - Page 1

Working on Pokemon Gold Beta Map Restoration Hack. Help wanted.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-07-01 10:39:07
I need some people to fix problems with the hack's programming and warp locations.

Stuff already done: Added Door to Safari Zone Entrance (so now it can be entered from Fuschia and fixed some of the glitchyness in tiles and collision.
But still, the Safari Zone should be bigger than it currently is. In other words it needs to be expanded. I also added a gatehouse but it does not work and looks weird. Wild pokemon data needs to also be implemented.

Changed Cinnibar Back to the way it was in Red and Blue just for the hell of it and because there are beta maps of Cinnibar Lab in the game programming. I need someone to change where Blue is located otherwise the game can't be completed. (He's now on the roof of pokemon Mansion)

Plans for other maps: Lake of Rage had a town in it at one time (located in the area near where the Wednsday brother gives you the Blackbelt item and where that wooden house is located.) I plan on restoring that also but have noticed that the tiles don't line up the same way in the picture. I think this might have something to do with the lake's size but am not sure.

I also have plans to do something with Eckreteak City.
as well as most of the other cities in the game.   

If anyone wants to help they are welcome to do so.

Re: Working on Pokemon Gold Beta Map Restoration Hack. Help wanted.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-07-02 20:58:16
Adding Pokemon to an area is ridiculously easy, just add an entry to a list and add some grass and you're done. Changing the location of Blue is something you would do by looking at a map's events. If the Lake of Rage size needs to be changed, you would look in the map header.

Date: 2008-07-03 09:24:50
The version of goldmap I have is confusing I'm trying to assemble a team to help with the programming aspects while I work on the map's layout. The Events won't appear on cinnibar it says events for this area are unavailable. and for wild pokemon data it says that there is no wild pokemon data in this area. How do I use the ini editor anyways?

Date: 2008-07-03 10:14:45
Goldmap is a very limited tool. If you want to do anything significant, you'll be forced to use a hex editor to actually get anywhere.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-03 10:26:47
Goldmap won't even save changes for me.

Date: 2008-07-22 17:10:29

Goldmap is a very limited tool. If you want to do anything significant, you'll be forced to use a hex editor to actually get anywhere.

Oh yeah wanna bet watch this youtube video! I made it myself!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/3gwiNF_4P-A&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

Do you still think that it is a limited tool?

Date: 2008-07-23 19:17:38

Do you still think that it is a limited tool?

Yes. Goldmap is useless for doing anything beyond simple map hacking. If you want to, say, edit connection data, you're better off with MegaMap.

Date: 2008-07-24 13:37:02
I've heard rumors of an advanced version of gold map. It is called Locke Yggdrasil.  If you know it exists please tell me where to get it. Oh yeah where can I find this Megamap at?

Date: 2008-07-24 23:04:23
Locke Yggdrasil is a person, not a tool.

Pokecommunity has MegaMap.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-07-25 01:22:57

Yeah, I saw him in the serbii chat.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-07-25 12:40:54
He's also an admin/ex-admin here. (If he was demoted, it was due to inactivity.)

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-25 18:00:22

Yeah, I saw him in the serbii chat.

He is sooo totally a tool.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-25 18:49:42
Is not!

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-07-25 19:22:39

Is not!

Yeah we're all not stupid. Locke was an ex-admin here. and demoted for inactivty.
ANYWAY get back on topic. no
"omgz no hes not" or "i saw him at *insert better site here*"
yeah. I don't even know If Im a mod in this area but i wanted to fucking point it out.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-07-25 20:06:29
Normal Members can't see this anymore.