Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Jump and Runs glitch hack - Page 2

Re: Jump and Runs glitch hack

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-03-27 11:39:24
The hack is frozen for the time being anyway. I have to finish a few older projects first X_x.

Also, to be completely honest, I don't care if sending someone a rom is illegal. Apparently just having the rom is illegal for me (since I dont have the actual game). Besides, I've sent so many roms over the past year that I don't think one more would really make a difference.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-27 12:44:57
Hear hear!

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-03-27 20:12:55

Also, to be completely honest, I don't care if sending someone a rom is illegal. Apparently just having the rom is illegal for me (since I dont have the actual game). Besides, I've sent so many roms over the past year that I don't think one more would really make a difference.

If you attach the ROM to a post here then GCL could potentially be accused of distributing illegal content. Linking to a ROM hosted elsewhere would probably be fine.

Posted by: Piedie
Date: 2009-04-11 15:17:11
ROM's are only Illigal if you NEVER LEGILY OWNED THE GAME! If you owned the game, then downloaded the ROM, then you are fine.

Date: 2009-04-23 16:13:49

ROM's are only Illigal if you NEVER LEGILY OWNED THE GAME! If you owned the game, then downloaded the ROM, then you are fine.

Incorrect. Downloading a Nintendo ROM from the Internet is always illegal. What you said is a false but commonly repeated mantra of many ROM sites.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-04-24 02:19:49

Incorrect. Downloading a Nintendo ROM from the Internet is always illegal. What you said is a false but commonly repeated mantra of many ROM sites.
And you are slightly incorrect. In some places it's not illegal at all to download a ROM. Other's  it's only if you own the game.

Date: 2009-04-24 17:56:00
Okay. What are some countries where it is legal to download ROM images? Do we have any members from those countries?