Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Bad ROM Copies of D/P - Page 1

Bad ROM Copies of D/P

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-08-17 16:40:17
No matter how many times I make a Wild Starly Faint, when  you first get a Pokemon, it never goes down. The HP will drop, but the Pokemon will stay there. Even when it used Growl, the effects of it were different. Here's my screenshot on what I'm on about. It happens with all three Pokemon.

[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/GrowlOddEffect.jpg[/img]
[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/pokemondiamond24557427.jpg[/img]

What can I do? Since I want to help out with the 4th Gen glitches, and I can only do that by ROMs, because I don't have a DS GS/AR, and I don't know where my two copies of Diamond and my copy of Pearl is.

Re: Bad ROM Copies of D/P

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-08-17 17:02:39
Is your game on mute? By emulation, if you have mute it will not run any sounds, which is fine in itself but the pokemon will only faint when the sound has finished playing, thus it would not faint. Same applies to the cry while growling, the game doesn't carry on until the sound has finished playing.

I had that when I was trying to speed up emulation. If it isn't that then I am not sure.

Date: 2009-08-17 17:06:34
I got no sound. The iDeas, doesn't seem to have sound for the game anymore. When it did it was all buggy, but now I get silence. A Pokemon never takes that long to go down, even on the DS the Pokemon would faint, within a few seconds. Two minutes have passed and it's still there.

Date: 2009-08-17 17:20:21

I got no sound. The iDeas, doesn't seem to have sound for the game anymore. When it did it was all buggy, but now I get silence. A Pokemon never takes that long to go down, even on the DS the Pokemon would faint, within a few seconds. Two minutes have passed and it's still there.

iDeaS requires a plugin to emulate sound:
http://www.ideasemu.org/ideas_scripts/resolve_link.php?link=audplugin.zip

It doesn't come with it for some reason…?
Hope it works

Date: 2009-08-17 17:21:17
?? I had a feeling something had to be missing. If the Starly is still like it, then it could be the ROMs. It even happens on Pearl.

Edit: And, still no sound. Stupid iDeas… I can't ise NO$GBA, it won't run the ROMs.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-17 20:38:48
Have you tried DeSmume or re-downloading the ROMs from a more reliable source?

Date: 2009-08-17 21:10:05
I don't know any other places. Half the sites are virus attack sites.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-17 21:24:17
I got my ROMs from the place which has never been and never will be.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-08-17 21:24:37

I don't know any other places, other than the one in the DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP.
LOL

Edit: Er.. fail admin edit…

Date: 2009-08-17 21:30:45
I was just saying, and other places I've gone to the damn sites are virus attacks. I already went from three websites and all three, were virus attacks so I don't fancy having my laptop under attack again. I don't know any other places, and I didn't say WHAT link it was. I'm stuck with iDeas, because I find it easy to use, unlike another I tried.

Date: 2009-08-18 04:09:56
Did you try installing the audio plugin?

Date: 2009-08-18 09:54:53
Gary don't fuck with my posts.

Yeah, but nothing  happened. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't know much with emulators, it would help if it came with sound to start with. ??

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-08-18 15:47:01

Gary don't f**k with my posts.

Yeah, but nothing  happened. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't know much with emulators, it would help if it came with sound to start with. ??
No$GBA is the only emulator to stat with it. I think.

Posted by: Inquisitor
Date: 2009-08-18 16:05:35
I do have a question related to Diamond & Pearl roms. I've never found a working one. The Platinum one crashes when I launch it, while the pearl one (don't have a diamond one) is very, VERY slow (Unless I turn the audio off from the emulator, but that will crash the game during any battle) and it will crash at a certain point of the game. The emulator I'm using is No$GBA. Any idea what could cause this?

Sorry I hope I m not off topic or anything, seeing this was a topic about problems related to diamond & pearl roms I thought about adding mine here…

Date: 2009-08-18 16:09:01
I had the same problem, like that with Diamond. If I had the sound going, it'll lag and the sound would jump, so I turned it off but now it doesn't work at al.