Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Pokémon Emerald Hack - Page 2

Re: Pokémon Emerald Hack

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2013-06-05 04:20:53
Haha, I can be evil but that would be a bit crazy, seeing as Pokemon start at lvl 1 well they will in my hack. More maps are to come soon, I'm just thinking.

Date: 2013-06-18 04:47:02
Okay sprites are evil, so after being under the weather and now finally better I've been playing with some overworld sprites, and I've made some of one of my own characters, and it wasn't easy, as I had to make the back sprite myself because it's impossible for me to find a full set of Black 2/White 2 NPC overworld sprites, and I think they came out nicely. More maps are on the way, just struggling to shift Artist's Block, which keeps lurking around me.

Name: Yagura Hotatio

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with him yet, as I still got loads more sprites to do before I can start on the actual game, so I hope at some point I can get the maps started again, but here's the beta sprites.

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/LadyofTheStroggMutouKira/HotatioYaguraBetaOverworldSprites.png[/img]

Next town over map - haven't thought of a name yet. Well, it's a beta map, so I might change it later on.

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/LadyofTheStroggMutouKira/UnknownName.png[/img]

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-06-18 11:48:04
That sprite looks pretty good. One piece of advice though: try to make your towns a bit more irregular. They seem so artificially simmetrical in the current form. Of course, I've never done this, so I don't know if that presents additional problems for you. But from an art standpoint, it looks odd.

Date: 2013-06-18 12:27:38
I'm not very good with overworld sprites, but they came out pretty sweet. It's as I keep saying: everything is in beta, even the maps are beta these are just for beta testing until I can shift from beta to alpha, but at the moment I only have 4 or so maps in beta, well the route, main city and next city over, and of course the house maps, but still until I can move from beta, everything'll be weird.

They're only test maps, as I'm bound to tweak them before I move to alpha maps, then final. It's not easy, but my friends are looking forward to be the testers, and I will warn 'em, it'll suck. XD I'm bound to tweak some maps as at the moment I'm trying to sort the sprites out first because they are a nightmare, once the sprites are out of the way I can beta test the maps to work on the events, and so fourth but I need to beta the maps before moving along. But still, I hope to get more sprites up once I can wrack my brain on what's going to be what. I got some more beta maps, coming soon just at the moment AdvanceMap is aruging with my system, so bare with me.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-06-18 14:12:53
NB: Alpha usually comes before beta.

Nice work, though. :D

Date: 2013-06-18 14:26:57
Meh, so it does but I prefur it this way - easier for me to remember. XD Thanks, I'm glad to see how well it's slowly getting off the ground. I do have more beta maps, just at the moment my system dislikes AdvanceMap at the moment.