Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Gameshark codes for the leaked Pokemon Nintendo 1997 Space World Demo - Page 1

Gameshark codes for the leaked Pokemon Nintendo 1997 Space World Demo

Posted by: Stormxeaglex
Date: 2018-06-12 19:46:29
So It has recently come to my attention that the ROMs for the generation two prototype that was shown at Space World 1997 has been leaked. I was really excited to hear this and downloaded the Gold Debug ROM and started exploring its contents. I decided to spend some time looking at the ram of these games to develop some useful Gameshark codes for anyone playing around with these ROMs. I used the Gold Debug ROM which I downloaded off The Cutting Room Floor so these codes might only work in that version or they could work in all of them.

Cheat Codes
01XX39CC- Allows you to set the map to warp to when using the debug warp feature. Replace the XX with the Map Name ID

01XXC0CD- Allows you to set the room to be loaded when you enter a warp. Replace the XX with the Map ID of the Room

01XX02CE- Allows you to set the trainer class to be fought when you are entering a battle with a trainer. Replace XX with Trainer Class ID

01XX05CE- Allows you to set the trainer loadout to be fought when you are entering a battle with a trainer. Replace XX with the Hex ID of the loadout you want

01XXD7CD- Allows you to set the Species of wild pokemon to be encountered. Replace XX with the ID of the pokemon

01XXBBCD- Allows you to set the Level of the wild pokemon being encountered. Replace XX with the Level you want

01XXA7C1- Allows you to set the Music to be played when entering a new area. Replace XX with the Music you want to play

01XX39C0- The Warp code with a typo so it doesn't warp you, but that random typo makes the code play a nice song so I might as well include it in the list. Replace XX with 20

Hopefully they are of use to people checking out these games for the secrets they have to offer  :)

Also I am including a link to the google spreadsheet made by The Cutting Room Floor which has a hex list so people will know what result they will get by putting in a certain hex into the codes
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B5epMdm1Wcvh33qFABpw-SO76uZt6WNSl0UsD5yq_dI/htmlview

(Update)
I went ahead and converted the raw codes into Gameshark codes. They should all work but I only tested the map loading one which showed the most interest. The reason why they weren't Gameshark codes in the first place was because I use Bizhawk as an emulator and Bizhawk has its own way of doing cheat codes. Cheats in that emulator are just telling Bizhawk to freeze a memory address and put in some value but ignorance lead me to think that they would be Gameshark codes.

Re: Gameshark codes for the leaked Pokemon Nintendo 1997 Space World Demo

Posted by: jo12100
Date: 2018-06-13 17:20:16
I'm really interested by the warp code however yours don't work.

Here's for example the Gameshark one for modifying wild Pokemon 01XXD7CD.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-06-14 09:22:42
OP's codes are not GameShark codes. Not sure what they're supposed to be.
If you need addresses, you can check out the disassembly, here and here.

Posted by: jo12100
Date: 2018-06-14 15:57:42
So what would be Gameshark codes for Warps?
In the dissassembly I found many mentions to warp but none of them worked.

Thanks in advance.

Date: 2018-06-15 12:34:55
I have two warp codes, the first just changes which map you will warp to when warping in the field debug menu while the room warp code changes where warp tiles take you. Each map has its own separate rooms that will load, so the room at hex #$01 on one map would be different then the room at hex #$01 on a different map.

The codes themselves just are the first 4 digits which is the ram value being frozen and the last 2 are the value being written to the ram.

Ram address $CC39 is the place in memory which stores the room being warped to by the debug menu's warp feature

Date: 2018-06-15 17:51:07
New Codes

01XXB4D6- Allows you to set the 1st move of the 1st pokemon in your party to whatever you want. Replace XX with the Move ID
01XX9FD1- Allows you to set the ID of the 1st item in your bag. Replace XX with the item ID
01XXABD6- Allows you to set the Species of the 1st pokemon in the party. Replace XX with the Hex ID of the pokemon species
01XXD1D6- Allows you to set the level of the 1st pokemon in the party. Replace XX with the level you want set

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-06-15 18:25:15

Ram address $0C39 is the place in memory which stores the room being warped to by the debug menu's warp feature

0C39 is ROM, not RAM.

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2018-06-15 19:43:16

I'm going to ask a stupid question…what is the map code for the map ID taking from? I'm unsure if its actually the map ID…
I probably just don't know how to use it, but I'm trying to use the map ID code: 01XXC0CD.

But no matter what I do, it does not produce the expected parameters. For instance, I put in, 04 instead of xx, and it does take me to ROUTE_1_GATE_1F, but then the warps go haywire and takes me to an old couples house, and then to the void, but not in old town…

Then I tried using 16, and instead of taking me to Old town, it takes me to sugar town, and then takes me to a house(call center?) in West town, then it takes me silph co(?), then to a kids house, then to the void. I apologize, I'm just confused…

Date: 2018-06-16 19:29:47

I'm going to ask a stupid question…what is the map code for the map ID taking from? I'm unsure if its actually the map ID…
I probably just don't know how to use it, but I'm trying to use the map ID code: 01XXC0CD.

But no matter what I do, it does not produce the expected parameters. For instance, I put in, 04 instead of xx, and it does take me to ROUTE_1_GATE_1F, but then the warps go haywire and takes me to an old couples house, and then to the void, but not in old town…

Then I tried using 16, and instead of taking me to Old town, it takes me to sugar town, and then takes me to a house(call center?) in West town, then it takes me silph co(?), then to a kids house, then to the void. I apologize, I'm just confused…

Whats happening to you is when you enter the warp its taking you to a different city. When you enter a new city it changes the rooms loaded. Its kind of like when you go to glitch city in the Generation 1 games. The game tries to load the map for Fuchsia City but because your not in Fuchsia City when you preform the glitch, it tries to load the map with the same Map ID as Fuchsia City but ends up loading something different like a house or glitch city itself. In your case these warps kept loading different city's so I understand if it was confusing.

For the actual Hex ID's you can find them on this google spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B5epMdm1Wcvh33qFABpw-SO76uZt6WNSl0UsD5yq_dI/htmlview#. Just click on the tab that says Maps and Under the Column Labeled Map You will find the ID's of the maps. Also You can look under the group Column to see which area this map loads in. The group the map is in is the same number as the Hex ID of the area which you can find under the Map Names Tab.(P.S. I don't remember if you have to subtract 1 from the Hex ID of the map and put that in the code. If the code loads the wrong map try doing this.)

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2018-06-17 13:53:09
OH! That makes total sense. I'm sorry.
That makes a lot of sense to why it was warping me to random places outside the maps (like the void) :)

Thank you very much :)

Posted by: MewFlare
Date: 2018-11-19 10:07:38
Is there a hex list for the demo? I looked around but could only find hex lists for the released games :/ Unless item IDs are the same as the final.

Also, is there a code to change item quantity? Being able to easily get 255 Master Balls and Rare Candies would be a HUGE help on my quest to research the demo glitchmons.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-19 12:55:15

Is there a hex list for the demo? I looked around but could only find hex lists for the released games :/ Unless item IDs are the same as the final.

Also, is there a code to change item quantity? Being able to easily get 255 Master Balls and Rare Candies would be a HUGE help on my quest to research the demo glitchmons.
For Pokémon species, the index numbers follow the Pokédex numbers, starting at $01. Here are item hexes from the disassembly. ASM instructions will be the same.

When catching the glitch species, I believe I used the built-in debug features to get Master Balls. For what it's worth I'll just attach the savestate I kept loading from. The GlitchDex has some basic info on them already, but there is still more to be found if you want to do that!

Date: 2018-11-19 14:08:36
I checked TCRF but there doesnt seem to be any debug features that allow you to add items into your inventory, just a shop menu that supposedly doesnt work.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-19 14:23:38

I checked TCRF but there doesnt seem to be any debug features that allow you to add items into your inventory, just a shop menu that supposedly doesnt work.
You're probably right. I think I just modified the address and quantity manually. The savestate should have Master Ball x0 in the bag.

Date: 2018-11-19 14:36:48
Thanks :] but do you have a savestate that also has Rare Candy x255?