Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Lucid Dreaming - Page 1

Lucid Dreaming

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-08-30 21:49:09
http://lucidnet.co.uk/

Post Lucid dreams you've had and/or what you think about this.

Don't say it's shit because I've done it personally.

Re: Lucid Dreaming

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-08-30 22:03:48
EDIT: Disregard the initial message.

I've attempted to become lucid many times, but I keep freaking out during the sleep paralysis part and waking up, though I was almost there.

I was using this one to do it, =/

EDIT 2: You know what? I'll give it another whirl in about an hour or two and get back to this topic tomorrow.

Date: 2008-08-30 22:19:14

I've attempted to become lucid many times, but I keep freaking out during the sleep paralysis part and waking up, though I was almost there.

EDIT 2: You know what? I'll give it another whirl in about an hour or two and get back to this topic tomorrow.

Try doing reality checks and MILD first.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2008-08-30 22:20:36

I always experienced sleep paralysis when my brain bitches me out for sleeping too much. Like, if I'm in bed, just woke up in the morning, and continue sleeping, wake up again, continue sleeping, keep doing that loop as much as possible, then my brain will play explosions in front of my mental ears, wake me up, and make it extremely difficult to move (or breathe) for a few seconds.

As for lucid dreams, I once dreamt that I was in school, and I realized I was dreamed, then I yelled "YOU TEACHERS ARE DREAMS" and ran out, laughing like crazy or something.

Date: 2008-08-30 22:22:34

Try doing reality checks and MILD first.

I can never do those damned reality checks right, I always fuck those up.

As for MILD, I reckon I ought to try that.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-08-30 22:33:03
Haven't lucid dreamed in forever. Maybe I should try one of those techniques.

Date: 2008-08-30 23:48:25
Well, I guess I'll start posting all my attempts at achieving lucidity.

Attempt 1: I was beginning the lucidity techniqes, but I freaked out and woke up when my breathing began to be affected by the dropping heart rate.

EDIT: You know what? After my seventh fucking try, I'm starting to think that 'lucid dreaming' is a load of crap.

Date: 2008-08-31 00:19:35
Because YOU freak out too much. :P

Edit: "WILD - Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams. Disadvantages: Takes a long time to perform and master DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH TOO SOON"

Date: 2008-08-31 02:00:20
Alternatively its a load of shit.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-08-31 13:38:11
I think I did it wrong. :P
*yawns*
I was trying to preform MILD, but, for some reason II acedently preformed WILD instead.
I started to feel heavy, then I started to see something like a dream, only it was like it was in an old television set. O_o

Then I started to see blobs of color move arround. I was able to make a spark of red apear in the middle, but thats it.
Then I freaked, and barely got my body to wake up.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-08-31 17:04:32

I think I did it wrong. :P
*yawns*
I was trying to preform MILD, but, for some reason II acedently preformed WILD instead.

Same thing happened to me.

I started seeing two people in a white room that was suppossed to be my brain. They looked like me and had my dad's voice, and kept on saying "you are dreaming," each time getting more and more echo-ey. The final one that was said sent a small jolt through my body, and I lost all the feeling in my left arm. I slowly got up, being really freaked out. Weird.

Date: 2008-08-31 23:54:18
Tonight I'm gonna try A DILD, then when my alarm goes off a WILD.
EDIT:Lost sleep paralysm, and now can't get back to sleep.

Date: 2008-09-01 01:10:28
Good thing tommorow's labor day or you'd be sleeping during class.

Date: 2008-09-01 08:36:05
OR not.
I'm homeschooled. :P
And it's 6:65, with no dreams, and couldn't do a WILD variation. :/

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-09-01 11:18:11

Good thing tommorow's labor day or you'd be sleeping during class.

Unless your school doesn't start till after labor day.