Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The New DS AKA DSi - Page 1

The New DS AKA DSi

Posted by: GlitchCrusader
Date: 2008-10-02 20:36:56
:o

THERE IS NOW A NEW DS CALLED DSi GOING TO THE MARKETS IN NOVEMBER THE 1st IN JAPAN.
All i know is that it has sd card capability and two cameras.
Bad thing is that you cant play gba games :'(
For those of u who mite get the new ds try to find and post stuff about. ill try to keep constant updates.

Heres a pic.
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/new-nintendo-ds.html
its looks kinda cool.
it can take pics, play music even I MITE BUY IT!
u can even DOWNLOAD GAMES… no need for flash carts ;D
itll be released in the us early 2009 but for me in australia probably may-august 2009 >:( :'(

Bye for now…

THE FRICKIN CELEBI IS STYILL AVALIBLE!

Re: The New DS AKA DSi

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-10-02 21:21:40
Your the one with bad grammar, and double/triple posting. Plus, this new "DS", might be released, it looks like a DS Lite, but a few differences. I'll have to look this up, to see if this is true. Also, the release days, are unknown as I'm in the UK, we won't get it until much later on. Japan, will get it on the 1st of November, and other places like America, Unknown, and UK unknown.

Date: 2008-10-02 21:59:25
So, to be honest we'll have to wait and see if this new DS, will become popular, like the DS, and DS Lite, was. Oh, and Yuzi, if this gets too spammy due to someone who's spamming this thread, please lock it.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-10-02 22:03:23
DSi's got potential, allegedly its got its own Miis, built in web browser, CAMERAS, etc.
Watch yo self psp.

and k.

Date: 2008-10-02 22:07:38
The PSP, is awesome. I still have mine, and my DS, and DS Lite. This new DS, I'm unsure of. It looks good, but depends on the games, that'll come out. I'll check on this new DS, in a months time to see how well it's doing, and what games are released.

Posted by: Mezase Master
Date: 2008-10-03 09:54:21
and k.
Umm, what?

Anyways, this is such a gimmick… but I'm gonna get it because I get everything Nintendo craps out.

Date: 2008-10-03 10:53:10
I might get this, but depends what comes out on it. I only got like the DS, and DS Lite to get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Guess we will have to wait until DSi, comes out in America, or UK, so I can check what games have been created and what'll soon to be released.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-10-03 21:45:27
High price? Irritating.
Missing GBA slot? No thanks.
Still no WPA support? That's downright embarrassing.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-10-03 21:53:20
Well what's the point of coming out with it when it has no GBA slot? That's just plain pointless.
That has already thrown me off the decision to buy it.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-10-04 06:32:52

Well what's the point of coming out with it when it has no GBA slot? That's just plain pointless.

seeing as it can still play the games that have been made specially for it and the fact that you can still find an SP at Gamestop for about $30~, GBA support isn't exactly vital if it has such functions as, i don't know, two camera and SD card support.

Still not buying it because of the price tag and that Nintendo's gone downhill, but that's just me.

Date: 2008-10-04 07:39:21

seeing as it can still play the games that have been made specially for it and the fact that you can still find an SP at Gamestop for about $30~, GBA support isn't exactly vital if it has such functions as, i don't know, two camera and SD card support.

I don't know about you but I like backwards-compatibility in my handhelds. Means I only have to take one on the bus.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-10-04 07:48:10
You ain't the only one who likes backwards-compatibility.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-10-04 10:27:00

Still not buying it because of the price tag and that Nintendo's gone downhill, but that's just me.

You are right. I would like to see what games it has though, but I'm not one for portable gaming devices anymore.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-10-04 14:12:11
As for backwards comatibility for GBA games, someone will make an emulator for it like how they did with lameboy. (GB/GBC emulator for DS)

Date: 2008-10-04 15:49:58

As for backwards comatibility for GBA games, someone will make an emulator for it like how they did with lameboy. (GB/GBC emulator for DS)

The DS isn't nearly powerful enough to emulate the GBA. It would be like emulating the Gamecube on the Wii.