Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The New DS AKA DSi - Page 2

Re: The New DS AKA DSi

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-10-06 13:44:39
Ya know what I hate about all this? When Nintendo makes a DS that is big and bulky, makes a new "upgrade" that is small and smooth (DS Lite), and THEN the same as lite with lots of upgrades. That is too many upgrades for 1 generation of sytems. I bought the DS fat (original), and then Nintendo made the lite and I was like, "I could have freakin gotten that if I had waited and now they stupid conned me with this gimmick trick!" This upgrade looks good but Nintendo should have skipped entirely the DS fat and just STARTED with the Lite in the first place. I am unhappy that I used my money on the original and I am not gonna get both the newer ones because that would be expensive. And what is up with having no GBA slot??? That is like, a major thing for DS systems to have :/. But I do like the camera feature on this new one. If I got it, I would be able to play games AND take pics while on Vacation ect.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-10-06 19:09:09

Ya know what I hate about all this? When Nintendo makes a DS that is big and bulky, makes a new "upgrade" that is small and smooth (DS Lite), and THEN the same as lite with lots of upgrades. That is too many upgrades for 1 generation of sytems. I bought the DS fat (original), and then Nintendo made the lite and I was like, "I could have freakin gotten that if I had waited and now they stupid conned me with this gimmick trick!" This upgrade looks good but Nintendo should have skipped entirely the DS fat and just STARTED with the Lite in the first place. I am unhappy that I used my money on the original and I am not gonna get both the newer ones because that would be expensive. And what is up with having no GBA slot??? That is like, a major thing for DS systems to have :/. But I do like the camera feature on this new one. If I got it, I would be able to play games AND take pics while on Vacation ect.
The DS Lite sucks compared to the DS in my opinion. When I lost my old DS, I bought a DS Lite because that's what I would have gotten had the DS Lite originally been released a few days earlier, then I got it, enjoed the design for a few months, then started hating it, and bought myself a DS normal at my first chance. (please no comments about the cost)

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-10-07 11:56:56
Why do you hate the DS Lite? I can't imagine why it is not as good as the original :/. Less battery power perhaps?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-10-07 14:11:06
No, the directional buttons are clunky compared to the original DS Phat.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-10-08 15:24:15
I don't like how the buttons feel really. Also a lot of dirt got in the small area between the clear plastic and the white stuff which I was never able to get out, also GBA games stick out, and I don't like the design. Also because there is less battery power, if that's true.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-10-08 20:21:23
No, there's actually MORE battery power. I got 24hrs on it before on low light.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-10-19 11:10:54
:O
At first I was just like OMFG.
I mean I think I would buy this new Nintendo…"upgrade" but seriously I agree that nintendo is going downhill.
I already lost my DSLite and almost my old DS too :P
This looks cool and all, but its a bit overboard. Im not really upset about the backwards GBA thing because I never play GBA anymore :|
but this new ds looks pwnsome. :D
next there has to be a SSBB for DS.
then my dreams will come true :D
and/or a new GSC remake…yanno.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2008-10-24 20:17:49
I'm gonna just say this: fuck the DSi.

Why? Nintendo's still too busy pushing the DS Lites down our throats for the holiday season this year. Japan gets their DSis in a few days from now.

We get ours waaaaaaaay into 2009. Ninty just wants as much money as they can off of the DSes before shoving off to the DSi and making even MORE money off of the DSi next year.

… Just… no.

Oh, and the DSi is region locked, btw, so importing won't do you any good unless you can speak the moons.

Posted by: 8bitgamer4ever
Date: 2008-12-25 23:09:17
oh stfu mino. -_- stop being a negative nancy.
im actually pretty pumped now.
once my NES comes ill be playing it until its release xD

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-12-26 05:00:55

I'm gonna just say this: f**k the DSi.

Why? Nintendo's still too busy pushing the DS Lites down our throats for the holiday season this year. Japan gets their DSis in a few days from now.

We get ours waaaaaaaay into 2009. Ninty just wants as much money as they can off of the DSes before shoving off to the DSi and making even MORE money off of the DSi next year.

… Just… no.

Oh, and the DSi is region locked, btw, so importing won't do you any good unless you can speak the moons.

I totally agree…

Basically, flash carts are usually the whole reason DS's still sell. In MY country, you would have to pay 10,000 pesos for a DS system, and 2,000 for each cart. A flash cart such as DSTT and R4 sells for also 2,000 and sometimes, less.

By the way, if any of you are wondering (which I doubt), here is the currency comparacy.

1 dollar = 50 Philippine pesos