Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

I'm really pissed off at the moment. - Page 1

I'm really pissed off at the moment.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-03-02 17:54:41
Okay here's the reason why. I want to play Sega CD on the actual console. Unfortunately every time I end up with a Sega Cd something is wrong with it. (Fucking yard sale owners. They are all freaking retarded because they don't know what cords go with a Sega CD. They don't fucking care if I need a fucking cord. They don't care if the Cd spinner on the Rare CDX is broken and they most certainly don't care about any fucking thing. If I ever sold a Sega Cd at a fucking yard sale I'd make sure all the cords are with it and the CD Spinner still worked. I know I'm laying my problems on the wrong people but I'm just so Fucking frustrated right now. Yeah sure I've been talking to someone about buying a stupid cord for the fucking system I already have but at the same time I can't wait and I seem to have the worst luck because things I send always seem to get lost in the mail. (either that or no one likes me.)

Re: I'm really pissed off at the moment.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-02 18:26:03
You know what you should do?

SMASH STUFF!!!

Date: 2009-03-02 18:50:05
Yeah I want to SMASH STUFF! What should I smash though?

Date: 2009-03-02 19:11:02
1) Sega CD.
2) Walls.
3) If the cops haven't shown up yet, you are a lucky man.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-03-02 19:49:38
How to buy a Sega CD or CDX in ten tediousimple steps.
"A Better Solution"

1. Grab some cash.
2. Go to your corner store and buy a Visa Gift Card with your cash.
3. Go to eBay.
4. Ask your mommy and daddy's permission for you to buy something.
5. Use your Visa Gift Card to bid on an item that looks trustworthy.
6. Fill out the PayPal shit.
7. Wait.
8. Go to door.
9. Open box.
10. SEGA CD GET!

And if that doesn't work, send the whole fucking thing back and get a refund.

And the annotated version, of course:

[spoiler]1. Get shit
2. Buy shit
3. ?????
4. PROFIT![/spoiler]

Date: 2009-03-02 20:02:22
I move that Mr. TTT be forcibly stripped of all rights in and to his avatar or the selection or design therefor.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-03-02 20:06:38

If the admins want it down, I'll gladly remove it.

Date: 2009-03-02 20:09:24
*shoots Mr. TTT in the head five more times at point blank range with a .50 caliber sniper rifle*

Date: 2009-03-02 21:43:27
I'm mad now because i think this second Sega Cd is broken. i tried an NES cable because I was told it would work. What a piece of shit. I'm waiting for an AC adaptor for the Genesis 1 that came straight for Hawaii. I fear it won't work though. Also It doesn't seem to want to respond to my Genesis 2. Then again I never got any instruction on how to set up the piece of shit. I don't want to break it because I could sell this baby. I also had a Sega CDX but the CD spinner never worked for me.

Date: 2009-03-02 22:06:07
I have the original manual for my Genesis.  It says:

1) Put CD on floor.
2) Remove expansion port cover (black) and protector (red, labeled "Do Not Remove").  Put them in the box or whatever, but don't lose them.
3) With a medium Philips-head screw, attach the steel joining plate to the bottom of the Genesis.  DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.  The plate is a vital RF shield.
4) Slide the Genesis sideways into the Sega CD, making sure the plug fits snugly.
5) Plug the Genesis into the TV via the Sega Stereo A/V cable (if you don't have this, search eBay).
6) Plug the Genesis and CD directly into the wall.  DO NOT MIX UP THE BRICKS.  DO NOT USE AN EXTENSION CORD.  THE BRICKS MUST BE PLUGGED INTO SEPARATE OUTLETS DUE TO SIZE.
7) Turn on, insert CD, and play.

If you want to use a 32X as well, the connections between the Genesis and 32X get more complicated and I can't find any help on the Internet.

Date: 2009-03-03 14:24:57
Thanks. I have the metal plate. Um are you sure that I need a Stereo RF cable? I only have a mono one that hooks into the antennae port of the TV. I sort of missed out on the stereo RF cable during the Genesis' production line. The light on the system won't turn on even when plugged in. I'm wondering if it only turns on if the Genesis is plugged into the expansion port correctly.

Date: 2009-03-03 18:18:34
The manual says you need the Sega Stereo A/V cable.

Did you plug the Genesis brick into the Genesis and not the CD brick?

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-03-03 19:58:42

If you want to use a 32X as well, the connections between the Genesis and 32X get more complicated and I can't find any help on the Internet.

There are five games that actually make use of both the Sega CD and 32x plugged in for more processing power. They're like CD games for the 32x.

Date: 2009-03-03 20:15:10
Did you say MOAR POWER?

Date: 2009-03-03 20:36:07
I know I own one but it is a fucking gay basketball game. Never going to play that fucking thing ever. I'll sell it on ebay and make some money. Sports games are worthless. Seriously. The only enjoyable ones are racing games. I prefer the Nascar series because I like driving in the wrong direction and ramming the leader head on in the lead with realistic damage on. I cause a 50 car pile up and pieces go flying everywhere along with the announcers yelling" What's he doing?!!" My favorite thing to do in those games and really my only bit of personal enjoyment from the Nascar game series. I hate the real Nascar.

Oh I'm getting off subject. I fucking hate this 32X CD that I have and I wish it would fucking die.