Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

I'M A NERD! - Page 1

I'M A NERD!

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-07 20:26:51
I'll admit it! I'M A NERD! HEAR ME ROAR! RAAAAR! GROWL! WHAT EVER THE FUCK THOSE OTHER NOISES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!

Sorry for the all caps but I felt like shouting to the world that I'M A NERD AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS ABOUT ME! XD You can trash this topic if you want. I was just being silly and decided to have some fun for the hell of it.

Actually you know what? Lets have some fun with this topic. Come to this topic to share your nerdom with the rest of the world. (and no you don't have to shout it like me. I was doing it to be silly.)

Re: I'M A NERD!

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-07 20:43:44
Congrats.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-05-07 20:52:25
Are you a nerd, or a geek?  Nerds have one important differance from geeks: nerds are very smart, and are almost always considered "gifted".  I, for one, am a nerd.  Unfortunately, I am socially inept (AS).

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-07 21:14:59
Screw it, I'm a nerd too.

Date: 2009-05-07 21:21:38
I'm smarter than I act. Want to see?

The Sega Genesis uses a Yamaha YM2162 Soundchip. It is an 8-bit soundchip capable of 6 channels. Some models of the Genesis have been known to have built-in Headphone jacks and the Genesis will automatically output to Stereo through these Headphone Jacks but only if headphones or Stereo Speakers are inserted into the Headphone jack. The Genesis uses Blast processing. Blast processing means that the Genesis can run up to 60 Frames Per Second (50 if you live in the PAL region.) with very little Slowdown. The Genesis is limited in some aspects though.  For one thing the Genesis has a strict Sprite Limit of 80. This means that if more than 80 Sprites are displayed on screen at any given time the Graphics will flicker and sometimes severe Slowdown can occur. Also the Genesis had color pallet limitations. This is why Genesis ports of Sega-16 Arcade game have different color schemes. An example of this is Gilius Thunderhead's Axe. In the Arcade version its Gold. In the Genesis version due to the limitations its Silver.

One of the main aspects of the Genesis Games was that the games could go up to 4 MB. In fact Sonic the Hedgehog 3 would have been one but costs for a 4MB Cart with a Save Battery were expensive. the reason why Earlier Genesis games were so small in file size was because in the Early days it was too expensive to make 4MB. The Super Nintendo, the Genesis' major competitor, had a max Cartridge size of about 8MB or so. However as strange as it may sound the Genesis Cartridge could hold more data on a cartridge for less space than the SNES due to the Cartridge's compressed format. That is why Genesis ports of some games also for the SNES had more levels and why the levels were cut from the SNES version.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-07 21:28:09
No, no, you guys don't get it.  Nerds are 20,000 rums down the social ladder than geeks.  Everyone on this forum is a geek. (or a stoner like Papa_Doc) I mean come on, we're on a forum about GLITCHES. :\ (Just saying)

Nerds suck at just about everything besides math and science and just act weird and can't play video games, etc.

Geeks are the opposite and win at most other things (that includes math and science… most of the time).  Everyone on this page is a geek. Geeks are awesome, nerds fail.

Remeber, Geeks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nerds.

Edit: Also, pretty much everyone at Sonic Retro that goes in the Sonic Engineering/Reverse Engineering boards knows that. :\

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-05-07 21:30:23
The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."[1] Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.

Nerd [nɚd] is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people

Date: 2009-05-07 21:35:14
I'm a Nerd-Geek hybrid! Both those definitions describe me.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-07 21:36:29

The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."[1] Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.

Nerd [nɚd] is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people

Wikipedia's unreliable for slang terms though. :\

I'm a Nerd-Geek hybrid! Both those definitions describe me.

There's no such thing and those definitions are not correct.

Date: 2009-05-07 21:39:16
Whatever… Spoil my fun will you? You'll pay for this! XD
I'm joking again.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-05-07 22:13:03

No, no, you guys don't get it.  Nerds are 20,000 rums down the social ladder than geeks.  Everyone on this forum is a geek. (or a stoner like Papa_Doc) I mean come on, we're on a forum about GLITCHES. :\ (Just saying)

Nerds suck at just about everything besides math and science and just act weird and can't play video games, etc.

Geeks are the opposite and win at most other things (that includes math and science… most of the time).  Everyone on this page is a geek. Geeks are awesome, nerds fail.

Remeber, Geeks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nerds.

Edit: Also, pretty much everyone at Sonic Retro that goes in the Sonic Engineering/Reverse Engineering boards knows that. :\

You are completely right – but you have it backwards.

Posted by: Wild GHOST
Date: 2009-05-07 23:54:17
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll grow out of it in a few years. :E

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-08 00:24:01
LOLWTF

I say it doesn't really matter..

I love heavy metal, metal, rap, jazz, pokemon games, god of war, Icarly,
greek mythology, I'm horny a lot, I'm really smart, or I can act really silly and dumb, I'm a stoner, always a fine line between mellow and energetic.

BLAHBLAHBLAH words can't describe anybody

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-05-08 11:53:40
I am definitely more geeky than nerdy. Anyway, why are we arguing about how uncool we are?

Carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs <– Ah, the good old days. Now when I do that people back away.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-08 16:47:18
I go to a school for Geek/Nerds. Yes.