Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

My PC needs shooting - Page 1

My PC needs shooting

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-09-20 20:26:07
My PC really needs fucking shooting. No matter how many times I turn down the graphics level for Guild Wars, since before I had all the problems with viruses, blue screens of death, and other troubles, when I first got my PC roughly about 7 years ago, (6 years at the house I was at when my brother died at, and 2 years at this flat), it was fine. A while later then problems begun so I had to get the PC sorted and it was fine but now it pisses me off. I hgave the graphics low as they can go, and if I have my PC with Guild Wars running either Window/Full Screen it just fucking dies. It's so annoying. I had it on fullscreen not too long ago, and I was playing as my Necromancer (Yamibito Tsukasa), while I was trying to complete the Prophecies Mission - Nolani Academy, and I follow Prince Rurik, then I start to fight a pack of Devourers, my game freezes then my screen goes black. When James came before (the guy who repaired my PC twice and my parents PC), he said that my graphics card is pretty good. So, either my PC is just too old and useless or it's something else. It runs fine on my laptop not my useless PC. It's not important.

Re: My PC needs shooting

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-09-20 20:45:09
Maybe you don't have enough memory or processing power on your PC? That would be my guess.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-20 20:50:14
Probably just the PC itself. Just get a new one, is what I would say.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-09-20 21:00:12

7 years ago

Well there's a possible source of the problem right there. Old comps DO start to fade after a while, upgrade or replace is what I'd suggest.

Date: 2009-09-20 21:01:47
I have a ton of memory. I had this "black screen of death" trouble before so I don't know what is with it. I would get one for gaming but can't afford one, so I guess all I can do is use it for movie/music storage, since Drive F has a truck load of space even with Guild Wars on it. My PC is Windows XP: Professional Service Pack 3. It's a pest since before I couldn't get Avast working on there properly anymore but I got AVG and I've done scans in Normal and Safe Mode nothing is found. Guess my PC just hates me as I hate it back just as much for the death it caused me for my Factions Ranger to die at level 19 when I was 1000 EXP points away to getting the Survivor Title (Rank 1). My parents PC is just as old as mine and that has no problem with Guild Wars at all.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-09-20 21:38:39
don't get mad at me for this, but, if guild wars causes you so many problems, just quit playing it, not just that, it seems your computer pisses you off and causes a lot of stress for you, just let it go.

Date: 2009-09-20 21:59:22
I've been playing Guild Wars for neary 4 years, I play it because it's the only online game I play. I can't play WoW because I don't have the money to pay for it. Guild Wars is boring, I'm waiting for a release date for Guild Wars 2, which no doubt will be 2011 (I'll be 23), so I still play Guild Wars to pass the time. It seems fine on my laptop but my PC it just hates it now. I got loads of memory, a strong graphics card but it still just goes off. Before it bloody went off, I was trying to download the Silent Hill fan music that I listen to onto my PC because Vista is stupid and can't compress and zip the files and send them by email to my Google Mail, so I just have to download them. I'd put a hammer through it but it's useful for all the music I download everyday/few days. If I had the money, I'd get a PC for gaming only but with this "credit crunch" going over here, it's a struggle for money.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2009-09-21 03:57:41
While this is -slightly- related, but not really…
At least your Windows Explorer doesn't crash whenever you right click a .exe file.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMuEWEGBIRQ[/youtube]

Date: 2009-09-21 09:23:05
IE7 kept crashing on my XP no matter what. I have IE8 (stupid updates), and it's been "fine" since but I hate IE8 it's slow like IE7.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-09-21 10:40:37
Get Opera, its way better. you should also get winrar for your compression/decompression problems, or 7zip. And before you ask, those are all free, just search for them.

Date: 2009-09-23 08:03:37
I already have them. If I didn't I wouldn't of been able to play any of the ROMS I got.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-09-23 09:32:10
Can I blow up your computer please? XD

Date: 2009-09-23 10:15:57
lol I would, but it's only useful for storaging my music. It still fucking dies when GW is on. I only keep it on there so I can trade with my two accounts.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-01 17:56:21
How much memory do you have?
And what processor?

Date: 2009-10-05 12:28:58
Not sure… I'm not very good with remembering things. Oddly enough it seems "stable" when the game is in Windowed Mode, but in Full Screen it bloody dies. The screen is 1440x900 (a bit high, I know but it's what my PC's screen is). I've turned it down, but it still dies. ¬¬ I know Vista is crap and all but it's good for Guild Wars, since I have no idea how Guild Wars 2 is going to be, as I've seen the trailer, and WOW! The graphics look amazing, but I have to think how my PC/laptop is going to be with the game, when it gets released. My PC runs UT fine, just Guild Wars it hates. I guess my PC just dislikes me/GW after all it was the same PC I've had many character deaths on, (failing Survivor), but I'll have to find out what the RAM is and graphics card, or whatever the bugger runs.