Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Reunion Thread - Page 1

Reunion Thread

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-12-22 03:53:33
So, seeing as we haven't seen each other for like, a year, this is a thread where we talk about our lives and say what happened in our life from when GCL went down to now. Because those types of threads ALWAYS work out well!
(not)

But yeah.
Essentially I got in a long-distance relationship with a girl I met over the internet, and then her mom went batshit insane and cut us off from each other, I started being a co-owner of a division of a website, I started training to get a job this summer, and I met Bassmasta, whom I originally encountered from here.

What's everyone else been up to?

Re: Reunion Thread

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-12-22 13:29:49
Well damn.
I thought there was already a topic like this but I guess not… uhh let's see what have I been doing…
Well I graduated high school in June (pretty sure I met a lot of you in 06-07, so I was in like middle school… yeah bad times) and now I'm going to college in VA for Music Industry. Nothing else really exciting honestly.
Wait you met Bassmasta IRL?

Date: 2012-12-22 15:01:49
Music Industry. Interesting. Do you play an instrument, sing, or compose? What do you do?

And yeah, I did. He was a senior and I was a freshman, and we ended up in the same Video Game Design class. T'was really interesting. I ended up being the best programmer in the class, and, for my final, I made a Smash Brothers Adventure Mode game.

It was poorly programmed, but I made it in like, three weeks, so yeah.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-12-22 15:10:46
I'm in college and taking a computer systems course. Networking, software/hardware, shit like that.

Also, where the hell is my Lapras, Silver version? In the game, it's apparently Friday.

Date: 2012-12-22 15:18:17

In the game, it's apparently Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
FRY-DAY FRY-DAY

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-12-22 15:39:58
No really where the fuck is my Lapras.

It wasn't there yesterday (which was the actual Friday but the game seems to be one day behind).

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2012-12-22 15:51:12
I first subscribed here because this forum was (and still) about something that I loved as a kid, and I still do today at age 20 when I have time. I was active in 2006, a little some years ago and I recently did another comeback. Between all of those, its the school, real life friend changes, getting a job, starting a new passion of game collecting, thought ill never forget that I like to be a Glitcholog

These day, like Bert, im taking computer systems course (and also informatic and networking classes that goes with).

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-22 21:42:10
Back when I first joined under the name "raventhet.t.ishot" I was a n00b 16 year old in HS, and now i'm just working in retail. I'm hoping to go back to school to become a computer programmer, as I know a few languages. Of course once you pick up one, it's easy to comprehend the other ones. ;) Alright, back to documenting those glitches then bed. :D

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2012-12-22 23:18:45
I graduated college with an engineering degree earlier this year. I spend the majority of my time on other hobbies now, but I still do a little Pokémon stuff on the side: mostly through my board and the Pokémon Red/Crystal disassemblies.

Date: 2012-12-23 02:58:50
What's your forum about, IIMarckus? Is it just like, from what I can see from a brief glance at it, a Game Boy Color discussion forum?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2012-12-23 09:55:17

What's your forum about, IIMarckus? Is it just like, from what I can see from a brief glance at it, a Game Boy Color discussion forum?

ROM hacking.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-12-23 23:46:55

Music Industry. Interesting. Do you play an instrument, sing, or compose? What do you do?

I play piano, right now I'm just in the introduction classes but I wanna get into recording music/voice actors/etc.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-01-08 17:56:29
had to withdraw all my classes, spent all my money visiting my family in SC for a break of all the events that happened in TN. (didn't turn out so well) Getting charged rent starting the end of the month. No money, working a crap job, and learning a lot from the internet.

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2013-09-24 05:15:04
Oh wow… So many things have happened. Was I still in high school when I left? Anywho, graduated from high school in '09. Went into college the following semester. Got a laptop (yay). Now on my second one (boo). Moved twice within the last two years. Was living in Illinois, now in Missouri. Got a certificate of completion for basic web design while going for a degree in computer graphics. Discovered ponies (oddly enough… And so it appears other members have as well, looking at this board.) Discovered Minecraft (and Minecraft mods) And video games, so many video games. Oh right, I wear glasses now. Wow… has it really been 5 years?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-09-24 11:27:57
Minecraft! Found any good creative servers?