Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Reunion Thread - Page 2

Re: Reunion Thread

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-09-24 14:27:08
I'm pretty much in the same boat from my last post. Graduated in 2012, now I'm in my second year of college. Yep.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2013-09-29 09:59:27
I think I was last active around December 2010, when we were using the temporary forum. Since then…hmm…stayed back a year in high school, so I'm in my senior year now. Pokemon-wise, I spent a lot of time around Smogon in '12 trying all sorts of RNG stuff before getting bored of it all. I'm currently very into Touhou! Done a lot of "self searching" so to speak, which I may or may not get into explaining. Haven't managed to get a job yet, but some shocking luck in the Litecoin industry has made that less of a concern for now. Most of my time is spent chilling alone doing whatever clicks at the time. It's so nice to come back here and see many of the same people from long ago. What a one-of-a-kind community this is. :)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-09-30 02:10:53
You know, I keep scrolling past this thread every time someone posts thinking I've already posted in it. Even though the icon says otherwise. I just really seem to remember posting in either this thread or some other thread very similar to this one. I thought maybe it was the Roll Call thread, but I don't seem to have posted anything reunion-wise in that one.

Oh wait, it was this one. http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6383.15.html
That was confusing. Anyway, I graduated from the mentioned apprenticeship back in April (man, am I sure I really didn't post about that already?) and have now moved to a new section within my ominous cryptic public service job of doom (to mainframe automation). Except in a way I haven't, because despite being there two months I haven't got the appropriate authorization/access to anything involving my new job, so I can't do anything involving it so I'm still supporting a VBA application I ended up having to develop at my old job. And my new boss doesn't seem to mind. Bureaucracy at its finest!

Other than that, I guess life has been much the same. As for stuff that happened in between October 2010-ish to when the site came back up, certain things happened (not positive things), but due to the no drama/bringing IRC problems here/saying things about other members here rule it shall be left unmentioned (unless you really want to ask me). But I don't have anything against the certain someone involved. If anything, I still need to apologise to her for my part in it. Whoops, I revealed her gender. You could probably figure out who that is now. Anyways, I guess I'll move on from that, otherwise this would just turn into a semi-angsty introspective rant. I sort of wanted to get it off my chest, because despite happening like 3 years ago it still haunts my thought processes constantly. It's not that bad though, I'm not going to an hero over it anytime soon.

I guess hobbies-wise, I became more obsessed with anime than before (notably Higurashi). But I suppose you would have already figured that out by now.

Let's see what else I can ramble on about… hmm. Nothing much, really. It really puts things into perspective as to how much a massive procrastinator I am, because there were projects I've been intending to start doing for a long time now and I still haven't. Oh well. None of them really need to be in any rush, they're more just hobbies I guess. Actually, I might mention some of them here so you can help nag me to actually get around to doing them:
- Develop my own music player (I've been annoyed with every single one I've used, besides I've also been intending to learn C++ and whatnot and develop some open source projects in general)
- Start one of those series of YouTube videos where I play video games and talk all over them. I guess the main reason I haven't gotten around to that is that I'm still not sure whether I'm actually funny or not, the idea mostly came around when I realise I talk to myself when playing games and tend to nitpick them.

I suppose that's all. Things are pretty much alright. It is pretty nice to see all of you again, though I think in Roll Call I mentioned that very sentiment. I seem to recall there was already a thread for this, but seeing as how my memory of what threads exist can't apparently be trusted, I support the notion of us all getting together in real life at some centralized place. Hell, I would even come to America if it was you guys. (No I'm not just saying this because 4 certain other people from this place beat everyone to it and are meeting in Atlanta at this very moment shut up)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2013-09-30 21:38:45
It's a pleasure to see you again, Zowayix!

Date: 2013-10-01 09:30:36
It's nice seeing everyone again, I miss when everyone was around like old times…

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-10-11 21:39:29

It's nice seeing everyone again, I miss when everyone was around like old times…

Hello. I missed you very much

Date: 2013-10-13 11:46:39

Long time no see my friend haha

Edit: Let me take this moment to bring back this cringe worthy post…
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=2313.0
To put it in perspective, I'm 19 now…

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-13 20:55:12

Heeeey, i remember you. weren't you PeachY at one point? Nice seeing you again man.

Date: 2013-10-14 00:36:51

Haha you had just turned 14, give yourself a break. You should see all my old posts going a couple years back. I became a total asshole and not to mention all my high moments in the chat and on the forums. Jesus. Anyways I hope you enjoyed that cake, a lot of work went into that (not). Yes that was me Mr. Chinese, and you are?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-10-14 02:14:26

Haha you had just turned 14, give yourself a break. You should see all my old posts going a couple years back. I became a total asshole and not to mention all my high moments in the chat and on the forums. Jesus. Anyways I hope you enjoyed that cake, a lot of work went into that (not). Yes that was me Mr. Chinese, and you are?

Mr. Japanese would be slightly more accurate, and he's Tachi.

Date: 2013-10-14 05:33:00

Mr. Japanese would be slightly more accurate, and he's Tachi.

Oh cool. Hi Tachi, and hi Zowayix

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-15 23:12:58
OH I see how it is, don't quote me or anything. Just kidding. So how ya been PeachY? Life going?

Eh for me, let's see, obviously i'm older now, 19 to be exact, got into game design, wired a guitar from scratch, aaaaannnnd I'm still about as immature as I was back then. XD

So yeah, sprinkle some highschool diplomas, college in between, some traumatic/retarded shit in my life, then mix that up with a good dose of "live and forgive" and you got my life in a nutshell. I'll be honest, for me, life's not that terrible, granted I don't have a home to fall back on anymore, it could be a lot worse. I got my blue version, a group of friends, and I got the drive I needed for a while now to get my life back in gear.

By the way who was all here BEFORE we had the "nostalgia traffic" came back? I remember being on here a few times with just a few people posting in "Count to a million" board, but that was about it…

Date: 2013-10-16 02:19:13

OH I see how it is, don't quote me or anything. Just kidding. So how ya been PeachY? Life going?

Eh for me, let's see, obviously i'm older now, 19 to be exact, got into game design, wired a guitar from scratch, aaaaannnnd I'm still about as immature as I was back then. XD

So yeah, sprinkle some highschool diplomas, college in between, some traumatic/retarded shit in my life, then mix that up with a good dose of "live and forgive" and you got my life in a nutshell. I'll be honest, for me, life's not that terrible, granted I don't have a home to fall back on anymore, it could be a lot worse. I got my blue version, a group of friends, and I got the drive I needed for a while now to get my life back in gear.

By the way who was all here BEFORE we had the "nostalgia traffic" came back? I remember being on here a few times with just a few people posting in "Count to a million" board, but that was about it…
Good. I'm in college now going for a technical degree in nursing and working on music. I'd be lying if I said I haven't gone through shit as well, more than I care to share with you here. Keep your head high tachi, I admire your strength and honesty. I don't know why we're all here again, but I'm happy we are