Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

HOO BOY ANOTHER TOPIC - Page 2

Re: HOO BOY ANOTHER TOPIC

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-16 01:10:47

i messed around with rpg maker and stuff when i was younger but i don't really have the patience (or skill, really) to create games.

neat suggestion, though.

Ah, but skill comes from practice my friend. Let me tell you something, people underestimate how much they can really achieve. If you really want to do something, trust me, most likely you'll do it, and learn everything you need to to get there. Heck, I didn't wire that guitar in one night ya know.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2013-10-16 01:11:25
Speaking of creating things, I really need to finish this up for Photon-Phoenix: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6687.msg190112.html#msg190112

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2013-10-16 01:13:49
that's true. don't really think its my racket, though.

Speaking of creating things, I really need to finish this up for Photon-Phoenix: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6687.msg190112.html#msg190112

he showed me that level once. the original's really lackluster.

Date: 2013-10-16 01:14:34

Dude, you did all of that?

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2013-10-16 01:18:09
Yeah, it was really difficult ripping the tilesets and porting them though.

[font=verdana]that's true. don't really think its my racket, though.[/font]
[font=verdana]Speaking of creating things, I really need to finish this up for Photon-Phoenix: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6687.msg190112.html#msg190112[/font]
[font=verdana]he showed me that level once. the original's really lackluster.[/font]
[font=verdana]Oh yeah, the second I was in the map I wanted to fix it up so bad.[/font]

[font=verdana]And Yuzihax, I've always been interested in RPG Maker but never bothered to get it. Is it difficult in any way?[/font]

Date: 2013-10-16 01:26:24

Yeah, it was really difficult ripping the tilesets and porting them though.

[font=verdana]that's true. don't really think its my racket, though.[/font]
[font=verdana]Speaking of creating things, I really need to finish this up for Photon-Phoenix: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6687.msg190112.html#msg190112[/font]
[font=verdana]he showed me that level once. the original's really lackluster.[/font]
[font=verdana]Oh yeah, the second I was in the map I wanted to fix it up so bad.[/font]

[font=verdana]And Yuzihax, I've always been interested in RPG Maker but never bothered to get it. Is it difficult in any way?[/font]

I can answer that
It depends. When you first start, I'd recommend you use the preset characters and tilesets to learn the mechanics of how the engine works. When you start making your own sheets however, you have to line up the sprites in a specific order as the engine is programmed to read the sheet in that specific order. If you want to test it out free and legally, I'd recommend the old port "Rpg maker 2003" as it's easy to find online. If you take the time to learn a few tutorials, the rest should come naturally (besides editing the engine).

Also it depends on what TYPE of game you are making, a lot of codes can be found online for the newer port RPG maker XP and VX, so changing some mechanics isn't as hard but it does take work. Would I recommend this to a newby? YES, but only if he has the actual motivation.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-10-16 02:25:49
What's up. Guess I'm not the only one who stays up
because of sheer boredom. Speaking of games, I don't
know if it's because I'm 20 or just too busy with life but
I just can't sit and enjoy playing a game anymore. I hope X and Y
bring back the feeling of excitement especially since I avoided as much
spoilers as I could but I can't be sure. Anyone else experiencing anything
similar to this?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2013-10-24 19:12:50

What's up. Guess I'm not the only one who stays up
because of sheer boredom. Speaking of games, I don't
know if it's because I'm 20 or just too busy with life but
I just can't sit and enjoy playing a game anymore. I hope X and Y
bring back the feeling of excitement especially since I avoided as much
spoilers as I could but I can't be sure. Anyone else experiencing anything
similar to this?
The kind of stuff that interests me is constantly changing, so I might be able to see where you're coming from. Can't say I'm too busy with life though, haha.