Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Unpopular opinions - Page 1

Unpopular opinions

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-07-29 14:15:34
Post all of your unpopular opinions here.

Gen 2 is the worst gen
The US should be a direct democracy instead of a republic now that the internet makes it so that it's more feasible for people to vote on things every day
Some other company should take over for Game Freak in making Pokemon temporarily, similar to how Capcom made a few Zelda games, Sword and Shield so far reek of "We don't want to keep making these but we're forced to because anime/TCG/etc."
Sonic 1 was terrible and only was popular because it had a great advertising campaign and was bundled with the Genesis for the longest time, similar to how nobody would have bought Wii Sports if it wasn't a pack-in
Pokemon Yellow was a terrible idea, why did they think starting with Pikachu was a good idea
Paper Mario Sticker Star wasn't that bad, but it should have been a new IP
Beat 'em ups are hella boring
The Safari Zone is super obnoxious and it's a good thing it's gone

making this post made me realize that I don't have very many strong unpopular opinions about non-gaming topics

Edit: Upon rereading this post I want to clarify that I did enjoy Wii Sports, but still, would you really spend money to get a collection of five awfully simplistic minigames?

Re: Unpopular opinions

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-07-29 15:29:33
Interesting idea to have a place to dump them all at once. I'm already on whatever watchlist conspiracy theorists want to wave at me and feel like venting anyway, so may as well.

People should not be taught their existence is immoral or be driven to suicide merely for being born into a demographic that has no relation to behavior or poses any risk to society. If you think that's unpopular, read this.
Going off the above, most LGBT-tolerant people do not in fact agree with accepting others for immutable biological qualities, but roll with it because it's "in".
The Bible was based on the word of God, but still written by humans and then rewritten many times in different languages, making literal interpretation invalid.
Recycling fails at its job.
Public crime registries fail at their job.
Addiction is a widespread health problem, not a crime.
People should be required to be in a high socioeconomic bracket and pass a formally administered test by a psychologist before being legally allowed to conceive.
"Try harder" helps many people, but that should not be assumed to be the case for the majority.
"High-quality" samples sound far worse than old synthesizers, and access to those samples and/or recorded instruments deincentivize focus on composition and artistic expression.
It's okay to not actively fight what you perceive as injustice if you have too much on your own plate to put others first. Speaking of which:

Gen 2 is the worst gen
Some other company should take over for Game Freak in making Pokemon temporarily, similar to how Capcom made a few Zelda games, Sword and Shield so far reek of "We don't want to keep making these but we're forced to because anime/TCG/etc."
Pokemon Yellow was a terrible idea, why did they think starting with Pikachu was a good idea
The Safari Zone is super obnoxious and it's a good thing it's gone

Agreed completely. Might be able to think of more video game-related ones soon…ah, here's one:
A game where you have to "git gud" to enjoy it is not inherently enjoyable, and thus a failure as entertainment.

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-29 17:25:54
Don't really have many unpopular opinions except this one: (which I know will spark controversy)

Gen 4 remakes should NOT, under any circumstances, be a thing

Ok well I also think Gen 8 is not good but I'm not sure if that's unpopular

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-07-29 18:52:01
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-08-01 06:56:25

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
humanity was a mistake

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2019-08-01 21:30:19

humanity was a mistake

Date: 2019-08-02 14:29:41

humanity was a mistake

the avatar fits so well

Date: 2019-08-03 03:29:39
WHAT'S THE DEAAAAL WITH HUMANITY? IT'S NOT VERY HUMAN AND WHAT EVEN IS AN "ITY." *canned laughter intensifies, Seinfeld theme plays in the distance*

Date: 2019-08-03 17:08:05

WHAT'S THE DEAAAAL WITH HUMANITY? IT'S NOT VERY HUMAN AND WHAT EVEN IS AN "ITY." *canned laughter intensifies, Seinfeld theme plays in the distance*

That's gold, Yuzi! Gold!
[img]https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Steve-Hytner-Kenny-Bania.jpg[/img]

Date: 2019-08-04 02:43:33
THESE SHITPOSTS ARE MAKIN ME T H I R S T Y

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-08-04 12:43:31
The progression of this thread is completely ridiculous and it's great

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-08-04 12:44:17
Pretzels are popular in Dewford now too.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mrmB9uX.png[/img]

[size=8pt](I was going to ask if you were okay with the direction this took, so good to know. But in case anyone wants to make another on-topic post here, they should feel free to.)[/size]

Date: 2019-08-04 13:54:00

shitpost best post

Date: 2019-08-04 17:14:47

Just another day at GCLF!

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-09-22 18:48:43
Ash winning a league isn't news worthy, and honestly I refuse to celebrate when he's won already in the past even if it wasn't canon nor a league. I honestly can't believe we live in a time line where major news outlets actually reported on a anime character, who isn't that great of a character winning a fictitious league.