Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Polls

GCL T-shirts - Page 1

GCL T-shirts

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-31 09:39:06
I'm thinking about making merch clothing-based advertisements for this community, and I need to know the following: Which glitch Pokémon would make the best ambassador? You may vote for up to FIVE, as I have 5 T-shirt spots. I'll post the base design (It'll be… well, the best description is a modified GlitchDex page) as soon as possible but it'll be a few weeks. So, any Generation is okay, and you get FIVE votes.
Go.

Re: GCL T-shirts

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-01 08:04:18
I think that Missingno. would be a good competitor because most people who played gen 1 know about it, also it would be good if you would add a glitch city background, like the forum background, this would add something to it.
I forgot to mention, but this "Polls" section was dead for around six years.

Posted by: naf102
Date: 2016-09-01 11:07:50
I would say Missingno too because It's the most well known glitch Pokemon in the series, if not the best known glitch in the series. I know people who haven't even played a Gen 1 game that knows what Missingno is.

Date: 2016-09-01 11:09:34

I would say Missingno too because It's the most well known glitch Pokemon in the series, if not the best known glitch in the series. I know people haven't even played a Gen 1 game that knows what Missingno is.

Oh wait, 80% of the Internet still thinks Missingno. is bad. Because Nintendo's full of shit and they believed them.

Date: 2016-09-01 11:20:17

I would say Missingno too because It's the most well known glitch Pokemon in the series, if not the best known glitch in the series. I know people haven't even played a Gen 1 game that knows what Missingno is.

Oh wait, 80% of the Internet still thinks Missingno. is bad. Because Nintendo's full of s**t and they believed them.
"Missingno can corrupt your save file and the only way to fix it is to release it" What kind of s**t is this? I had my Missingno on my Pokemon Red cart for years and it works perfectly.

Date: 2016-09-01 11:31:27
All it can corrupt is the HoF data, Nintendo talking about Missingno. = 100%RealS**t
Also, they only "apologized" Missingno, and the broken escalator glitch, nothing else.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Date: 2016-09-01 11:34:36

All it can corrupt is the HoF data, Nintendo talking about Missingno. = 100%RealS**t
Also, they only "apologized" Missingno, and the broken escalator glitch, nothing else.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
And duplicate the sixth item in the slot to 128, but that's a positive effect which Nintendo never bothered to mention.

Date: 2016-09-01 16:56:25

Oh wait, 80% of the Internet still thinks Missingno. is bad. Because Nintendo's full of s**t and they believed them.
"Missingno can corrupt your save file and the only way to fix it is to release it" What kind of s**t is this? I had my Missingno on my Pokemon Red cart for years and it works perfectly.
I believe it was along the lines of "If you catch Missingno. and the graphics screw up, release it. If that doesn't work, you need to wipe your save with Up+Select+B. If that doesn't work, you must buy a new cartrige. You will not be able to trade or battle the Pokémon from the affected game or it will break the new cart."

Date: 2016-09-02 10:48:16

I forgot to mention the Berry Glitch and the Lumiose City save glitch, both had official patches. The Berry Glitch had EVEN A GODDAMN SHINY ZIGGY.

And duplicate the sixth item in the slot to 128, but that's a positive effect which Nintendo never bothered to mention.

Oh yeah, i forgot that too.

I believe it was along the lines of "If you catch Missingno. and the graphics screw up, release it. If that doesn't work, you need to wipe your save with Up+Select+B. If that doesn't work, you must buy a new cartrige. You will not be able to trade or battle the Pokémon from the affected game or it will break the new cart."

As i said…
[size=18pt][glow=red,2,300][tt]#100%RealFixRightThere10\10IGN[/tt][/glow][/size]

Date: 2016-09-03 22:33:49
A strange side of me says I don't blame the people for thinking that way because the information is coming from the actual publishers. If you were a 7 year old kid playing the game and you stumbled upon Missingno, wouldn't you be scared for your save file with your legendary birds on it?

Date: 2016-09-04 10:02:20
When I was 7 I was practicing putting together PCs as fast as possible blindfolded. So no. 7-year-old me would've acted like Missingno. was some hyper-awesome thing that was put there on purpose, just waiting to be found…

And yes, the reversed sprites would've been noticed, but I had been messing with temporary graphic glitches on SNES so the graphics would most likely mean a reset to young-me. And you all know that DOES fix the reverse-sprites, but isn't the fastest way. So young-me would have been right.

Date: 2016-09-05 09:04:55
Derailed. Let's keep the votes coming in.

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-09-05 15:00:40
I don't like the idea of GCL t-shirts. It's seems like a very niche concept because only like twelve people would buy the shirts.

(Edited out off-topic part of discussion that could cause potential offense - Torchickens)

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-09-05 17:09:56
I agree. I think too few of us know eachother IRL for it ti be worth it.

Date: 2016-09-05 18:24:05
Why do some companies hand out free tees? Advertising. We'll grow if we get the name out. The t-shirts are more effective than ads as adblockers are common but IRL you can't block t-shirt adverts.
In other words, tees would be like buying billboards that move. And we'd have more members.