Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

The Warn-o-meter! - Page 3

Re: The Warn-o-meter!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-06-18 19:45:30
I found a person with a warn-o-meter!

It's Don Watermelon!

Is he really an admin?

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-06-18 22:07:20
So this thread is about telling everyone people you have found with a WoM?

And Don Watermeleon is not an admin.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-06-19 09:02:45

^ Yes, it would look very flattering on me :P
< Wonders why anyone would associate themselves with a dictator
V Wants to be a GCLF Admin

^I don't want to be. I already am!
vIs named Newo.

I didn't think he was and admin.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-06-19 11:47:06
Well… If he is, I haven't seen him.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-06-19 14:55:41

Actually, I think it still exists, the staff has just forgotten it's here. :P Because we've forgotten about it, no one's has gone up, and therefore no one's is visible.

We haven't warned anyone yet. I haven't forgotten about it, but I have not seen fit to warn anyone.

Me either. Your rules aren't so strict for anyone to break the rules yet.

That's quite intentional. I focus less on making an iron-fisted totalitarian society and more on making a happy-happy joy-joyful community.

Newo: It's quite easy, actually. No one's ever wanted to, though ;)

*barfs*That sounds too much like a goody two-shoes.BLEAH.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-19 15:09:17
On second thought, I think I should be enforcing grammar a bit more.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-19 15:35:49
is that why you seem so grammar picky on the member+ topic? because its actually a little bit faster not capitalizing words like "I". and as for things like 2 instead of to, B instead of be, and Y instead of why, its something called abbrieviating!! not that I really care that much, but the forums isn't a grammar quiz and most people would know what you meant anyways. SOMETIMES it can even be considered cool to use them! example: there is a Pokemon music CD titled "2.B.A Master" because it looks more interesting than "to be a master". (but I usually use that only when I am having a REALLY awesome day).

Date: 2007-06-19 16:20:46

is that why you seem so grammar picky on the member+ topic? because its actually a little bit faster not capitalizing words like "I". and as for things like 2 instead of to, B instead of be, and Y instead of why, its something called abbrieviating!! not that I really care that much, but the forums isn't a grammar quiz and most people would know what you meant anyways. SOMETIMES it can even be considered cool to use them! example: there is a Pokemon music CD titled "2.B.A Master" because it looks more interesting than "to be a master". (but I usually use that only when I am having a REALLY awesome day).

One example of human laziness.

Even though I use "k" for okay, it's a bad habit, but I only use it while chatting, and when "okay" is my only reply. But I never use u/2/b/etc.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-19 16:36:25

is that why you seem so grammar picky on the member+ topic?

Because you're supposed to look smart if you have some sort of status, and using "AOL" speak makes you look like a moron.

because its actually a little bit faster not capitalizing words like "I".

Why the hell would that matter on a forum? This isn't AIM, discussions aren't in real time, and you'll probably get a reply in about an hour. If you're going to shorten things in the name of speed, then you probably don't think out your posts anyway.

and as for things like 2 instead of to, B instead of be, and Y instead of why, its something called abbrieviating!!

No, it's called "making yourself look like an idiot." But hey, why care, you've just saved yourself time by not typing TWO LETTERS!

most people would know what you meant anyways.

I suppose people would know what I meant if I misspelled everything on purpose too, but I'd make myself look stupid.

SOMETIMES it can even be considered cool to use them!

No comment.

example: there is a Pokemon music CD titled "2.B.A Master" because it looks more interesting than "to be a master".

Fo sho, dog. These forizzumz need 2.B. more hip, G.

Date: 2007-06-19 16:41:37
SOMETIMES it can even be considered cool to use them!

<mofo> s2pid virgin cola commercials.
<reuben> i bet it's harder to type "s2pid" than it is to type "stupid"
<mofo> s2pid looks cooler and sophisticated though, so :P
<reuben> it looks stupid

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-19 17:40:52
Lol Abby,u getting it right G lol.

(I used aol speak just to be funny)

Date: 2007-06-20 10:21:58
Yes, and you are very funny.
Because your Avatar and Signature aren't the scariest things on the forum, making you look like a thug rather than a clown.

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-20 14:45:21
Yes……..I am a clown,and did I mention,I asked my mom if I could get dreadlocks,and she said yes!Man,I can't wait til I get them.

Date: 2007-06-20 14:48:52
Well you are quite amusing…. But AIM speak is still not needed to be funny and witty.

Posted by: playon999
Date: 2007-06-20 16:12:47
what is the wom