Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

The Warn-o-meter! - Page 4

Re: The Warn-o-meter!

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-06-20 16:17:19
READ IT TO FIND OUT!
You need to read it before you ask questions

Posted by: playon999
Date: 2007-06-20 18:00:15
i ment how does it work

Date: 2007-06-21 09:59:18
Oh, It shows up on your profile, It just informs others that the person has done something bad etc. It is basically just a profile field.

Posted by: playon999
Date: 2007-06-22 11:30:15
ok

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-16 10:21:52
How high can the WoM go before the user with the high WoM get banned?

Date: 2007-07-16 10:27:03
Officially, 40. But if you want, I can make it this High….

Any Higher, and it just looks stupid.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-24 02:51:32
I'm retiring the Warn-o-Meter, as it isn't even used at all.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-12-14 23:48:56
I take that back. We're doing this thing again.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-12-15 12:13:17

I take that back. We're doing this thing again.

Wow Awbayax, that is lulzy, but, I don't think we need this anymore, aw well your choice.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-17 17:40:33
Is it possible to automatically get 100 on the Warn-o-meter for one offense, and, if so, what would the offense be?

No, I don't plan to try to see if it can be done either.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-12-17 19:54:43

Is it possible to automatically get 100 on the Warn-o-meter for one offense, and, if so, what would the offense be?

No, I don't plan to try to see if it can be done either.

Anythings possible, but no real member could score an instant 100. That kind of thing is reserved for people who come in to spam, hack, and attack. A person who is a real member, meaning was posted a few times, would have the Warn O Meter build up until he/she would get banned.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-18 15:10:34

is that why you seem so grammar picky on the member+ topic?

Because you're supposed to look smart if you have some sort of status, and using "AOL" speak makes you look like a moron.

because its actually a little bit faster not capitalizing words like "I".

Why the hell would that matter on a forum? This isn't AIM, discussions aren't in real time, and you'll probably get a reply in about an hour. If you're going to shorten things in the name of speed, then you probably don't think out your posts anyway.

and as for things like 2 instead of to, B instead of be, and Y instead of why, its something called abbrieviating!!

No, it's called "making yourself look like an idiot." But hey, why care, you've just saved yourself time by not typing TWO LETTERS!

most people would know what you meant anyways.

I suppose people would know what I meant if I misspelled everything on purpose too, but I'd make myself look stupid.

SOMETIMES it can even be considered cool to use them!

No comment.

example: there is a Pokemon music CD titled "2.B.A Master" because it looks more interesting than "to be a master".

Fo sho, dog. These forizzumz need 2.B. more hip, G.

I think I can add to those.

1.AOL speak is a sign of the devil. The dictionary will probably be changed in ten years to include AOL speak.
2.If you can be classified as "Speed Racer" on a forum, leave immediately.
3.Adding to the leaving out only 2 letters thing, some people think that in words such as "we're", "he'll", "it's", and "she'll", the apostrophe is not necessary for others to understand what is being said. Not when the resultiing words are "were", "hell", "its", and "shell". Don't forget people who decide to leave ONE LETTER out to save time:example-"where-were".
4.Let me just type really badly and see if you understand.
5.It's cool to use these? When?
6.Exactly. Let's call Led Zeppelin up and tell them to release their albums with "hip" song titles like that because their song titles just aren't hip! Behold such amazing songs such as "Thk U" (Thank You), "Dwn By Th C Cid" (Down By The Seaside), "Dzd n Cnfsed" (Dazed and Confused), "Fl In Th Rn" (Fool In The Rain), and, most of all, the famous "Strwy 2 Hvn" (Stairway to Heaven) !

Sorry, just adding my 2 cents worth on that.