Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Sig Restrictions - Page 2

Re: Sig Restrictions

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-23 23:27:38
How tall a person's signature would differ from computer to computer, so I put in how to find the real tallness.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-06-04 17:30:29
I think the signature restrictions need to be rewritten.

A web page will look different on each computer. There is too many variables for the way a page looks. And they're different on each computer. Screen resolution, what's on the left and right side of the browser, the size of the browser, the browser itself, the font, etc.

So a person can't be really sure if their signature is too big. If you minimize the browser, then decrease the length, the page will grow longer. If you increase the length, the page will grow shorter. In fact, those with 21-inch monitors may not even think their signature is very long.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-11 18:23:27
Is it allowed if we put a Spoiler3 tab to cover up a long signature?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-11 18:27:46

Is it allowed if we put a Spoiler3 tab to cover up a long signature?

You can do that.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-12 13:26:30
Could we have autospoilers? for people who want a really lon sig that extends beyond a certain mark.

Date: 2007-07-12 18:35:06
You mean like mine?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-13 14:23:02
Ones that work automatically. Yes, a Spoiler.

It may not be possible.

Posted by: Zuko 16
Date: 2007-07-13 18:46:16
I actually like the idea of not allowing users to have images in their signatures. I belong to a forum that goes by this rule, and as frustrating as it seems sometimes, the forum itself looks SO much cleaner then most forums.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-13 18:51:10
I belong to a forum that goes by this rule

Which forum would this be, may I ask?

Date: 2007-07-13 19:03:51
http://avatarfans.net/main/index.php

Neat. Clean. Orderly. You can post links and text in your signatures, but no images.

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-07-13 20:50:56

http://avatarfans.net/main/index.php

Neat. Clean. Orderly. You can post links and text in your signatures, but no images.

That is neat, well that would be cool if we had that rule, but I also like to express myself with a signature.

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2007-07-13 20:53:23
But then my sig request thread would be out of bussiness
plus I like having images in my sig.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2007-07-14 03:48:07

I actually like the idea of not allowing users to have images in their signatures. I belong to a forum that goes by this rule, and as frustrating as it seems sometimes, the forum itself looks SO much cleaner then most forums.

And yet you have two images in your sig.

Date: 2007-07-14 14:03:42

So? If I'm allowed to have images in my signature, then I'm going to images in my signature. I never said that everywhere I go I abide by that rule as if it's a law; I just stated that without them, a forum would look a lot cleaner.

but I also like to express myself with a signature.

You can; with text. Also, icons/avatars are expressful.

No, actually I've been on that forum for two years, and the only times the request threads are empty is when nothing new has happened in the series; much like how this forum is dead when nothing new has been discovered, or the site hasn't been updated.

In a previous site clean up, many of the request threads were accidentally deleted from AF (avatarfans.net), so I can't really point out any threds that are longer then 70 pages; but I can tell you for a fact that even with a site abiding by the 'No Image' rule, you won't have sig request thread going out of business.

Date: 2007-07-15 21:29:08

So? If I'm allowed to have images in my signature, then I'm going to images in my signature. I never said that everywhere I go I abide by that rule as if it's a law; I just stated that without them, a forum would look a lot cleaner.

but I also like to express myself with a signature.

You can; with text. Also, icons/avatars are expressful.

No, actually I've been on that forum for two years, and the only times the request threads are empty is when nothing new has happened in the series; much like how this forum is dead when nothing new has been discovered, or the site hasn't been updated.

In a previous site clean up, many of the request threads were accidentally deleted from AF (avatarfans.net), so I can't really point out any threds that are longer then 70 pages; but I can tell you for a fact that even with a site abiding by the 'No Image' rule, you won't have sig request thread going out of business.

I don't agree with this. That would disable all banners, Adopted glitch pokemon, and other images that everone likes!