Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Sig Restrictions - Page 3

Re: Sig Restrictions

Posted by: Zuko 16
Date: 2007-07-16 14:22:44
I don't agree with this. That would disable all banners, Adopted glitch pokemon, and other images that everone likes!

*cough* Yeah, that's the general idea.

But, if GCL forums were to follow by the 'No Image' rule, then I'm sure you're not going to die.

Yes, I'm guessing that it probably does sound like a bad idea, but once you start restricting images from signatures and get used to not having them, then it's not as a big of deal as you make it sound.

I've been on AF for awhile, and not once have I heard someone complain that they can't have an image in their signature…so it's not like the members are being deprived and forced into giving up something that in my opinion acts as access baggage.

And, Missing! NO!, if it's a big deal that you couldn't have adopted glitches in your signature, you could start a thread where you can show off your adopted glitches…that way it's not a total loss  :P

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-18 14:38:12

I don't agree with this. That would disable all banners, Adopted glitch pokemon, and other images that everone likes!

*cough* Yeah, that's the general idea.

But, if GCL forums were to follow by the 'No Image' rule, then I'm sure you're not going to die.

Yes, I'm guessing that it probably does sound like a bad idea, but once you start restricting images from signatures and get used to not having them, then it's not as a big of deal as you make it sound.

I've been on AF for awhile, and not once have I heard someone complain that they can't have an image in their signature…so it's not like the members are being deprived and forced into giving up something that in my opinion acts as access baggage.

And, Missing! NO!, if it's a big deal that you couldn't have adopted glitches in your signature, you could start a thread where you can show off your adopted glitches…that way it's not a total loss  :P

I think that therad would take up some room on the server.

Date: 2007-07-21 22:53:35
But wouldn't you rather have all the Adopted Glitchs in one place, rather then scattered across the forum.

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2007-07-23 01:04:28
but all the pretty colors in the sigs make me happy!!!

Date: 2007-07-23 16:46:11
I can't really persuade or make you like not having sigs; don't get me wrong, I like them just as much as anyone else here, I've been making them for almost a year now, so I don't have anything against them. I'm just saying that it's worth a try if anything.

*has debate with inner-self*[size=6pt] But, then again, I suppose that you could also disable signatures if you don't like them. Either way, they take up space on the forum even if you can't see them, so even if the members are satisfied with the look, the virtual space would decrease a lot more every time someone posts with a sig as if opposed to someone who posts without a sig….hmm…..[/size] *glomps inner-self*

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-08 11:11:49
Serebii not strict? This is nothing! But wait, how do I tell if mine is above 700KB?

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-10-08 17:44:14

Serebii not strict? This is nothing! But wait, how do I tell if mine is above 700KB?

Addition.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-08 17:51:42

Your images aren't anywhere near 700kb.

Date: 2007-10-09 15:35:04
Really? 700KB must really be a ton then.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-10 10:26:11

Your images aren't anywhere near 700kb.

Are my images 700kb?

Date: 2007-10-10 13:44:57
They're in spoiler tags, so it doesn't matter, right?

Date: 2007-10-10 19:27:49

They're in spoiler tags, so it doesn't matter, right?

I think the images are preloaded in the spoiler tags.

Date: 2007-10-19 15:02:04
Made the signature rules even more unstrict, so you can have looooooooooooooooooooooooooong images and words if you wish.

The reason I did that was because SMF has a feature putting long signatures in a horizontal scrollbar.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-10-19 19:24:43

Made the signature rules even more unstrict, so you can have looooooooooooooooooooooooooong images and words if you wish.

The reason I did that was because SMF has a feature putting long signatures in a horizontal scrollbar.

horizontal scrollbars are baaaaaad

it's better when the individual post is the only thing on the page that's stretched

Date: 2007-10-20 05:52:05
Why is it good if it is stretched?