Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Glitch Power is Back... or is it? You decide. - Page 2

Re: Glitch Power is Back... or is it? You decide.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-04-28 17:40:52
And, just enablekarma and rename it. That shouldn't cause problems.
Unless glitch power WAS originally karma.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-04-28 17:45:07

Wow. GARY re-enables a feature of the site that I've always enjoyed and Abwayax shuts it back down on the same day.

Yeah, I'm a total prick, aren't I?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-28 17:48:44
<@Zander_Saffron> Oh and I had karma disabled for a reason

That reason being…? (Just wondering.)

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-28 18:20:49
Maybe the reason why is greed. We can't have people bitching anymore in the Forums. Since this has failed before there wouldn't be anything stopping it from failing again. It was the same case with the Site comments. (Which is actually pretty funny how I know that since I joined after Comments were disabled. I hung out in the comments section a lot close to the end of its run. I mostly contributed helpful information to the Glitch articles. Although I did have a few occasions where I said or did the wrong thing.)

right here is a prime example of what I mean. Already things are making people's blood boil. (well only two people but still.) I just hope it doesn't result in another admin leaving for good. I know if I ever become admin, I'm never leaving even if I have a big disagreement with someone.

Sorry I'm derailing the topic but I think it would be best to go with Abwayax's idea on this, just because of predictability issues. (not because I'm trying to be a kiss ass. I swear!)

Date: 2009-04-28 18:25:43
Didn't everyone spam the comments? And I mean EVERYONE.

Date: 2009-04-28 18:29:48
Still, I think you fail to see the point. Refer to the Chaos Theory and you will see a pattern here. Its funny I mention that since I barely understand the Chaos Theory but understand it well enough to know that your plan will have some bad consequences.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-04-28 18:30:56

…yeah, and it was removed. And people got riled up about glitch power sometime in the past.

Which is why it was removed.

I don't see where you're going with this.

Date: 2009-04-28 18:32:56
Hey maybe this topic should be moved to debate wars because its beginning to sound like one.

Date: 2009-04-28 18:38:33
Isn't that the exact reason why I posted this:

If any drama should be caused by this (again), it will be gone permanetly (or until I feel like doing it again which will be probably about 5 years after) so please think twice before complaining about how your glitch power is in the area you don't want it to be at and then get pissy about it, etc.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-04-28 18:38:51

Wow. GARY re-enables a feature of the site that I've always enjoyed and Abwayax shuts it back down on the same day.

Yeah, I'm a total prick, aren't I?

No, but what's the reason? The fact that it caused some kind of epic drama sometime back when it was available? Or is there an underlying cause?

Date: 2009-04-28 18:46:35
I say it has everything to do with both things you just said Flashy. The fact is if drama over this feature happened once then its going to happen again. We have too many immature members who are going to fool around with it a lot (i.e. me) They won't be able to control themselves and things will get out of hand. I think it is a very wise decision to keep the feature disabled.

Date: 2009-04-28 18:47:10

…yeah, and it was removed. And people got riled up about glitch power sometime in the past.

Which is why it was removed.

I don't see where you're going with this.

I was refering to when Glisp said he did some things that he wasn't supposed to in the comments, not the matter of Glitch Power itself.

I say it has everything to do with both things you just said Flashy. The fact is if drama over this feature happened once then its going to happen again. We have too many immature members who are going to fool around with it a lot (i.e. me) They won't be able to control themselves and things will get out of hand. I think it is a very wise decision to keep the feature disabled.

I do have the power to make people only be able to change a person's glitch power ONCE and that's it by raising the limit on hours to 999999999999999999999999999 which will make drama hard to make and/or even to happen without someone being dumb (the last system allowed every 6 hours so if someone hated someone, they could lower it 4 times in one day everyday which is what caused the drama in the first place since people were lowering it out of spite.)

Date: 2009-04-28 18:52:03
You can do that?!!! YOU MONSTER!!! XD

Date: 2009-04-28 19:01:24
I could also make it to where it's once a half month or every half year or a lengthy time frame.

Date: 2009-04-28 19:12:51
Your terrible! I love it! however you still need to convince Abwayax! You've got my approval but I don't really count as a victory. The real victory is convincing Abwayax which evidentially will not be an easy task as you know all too well.