Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Glitch Power is Back... or is it? You decide. - Page 4

Re: Glitch Power is Back... or is it? You decide.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-04-29 23:24:04

no, I'd have to say having the karma system is pretty stupid. I wish I could just make it to where it doesn't show up on my profile info, and therefore have no need to complain, but no. I'm going to b***h about this.
And THATS why they have karma.
I see what you did there. I'm not blind. I can see my profile data. And this is leading to exactly what I don't like.
EDIT: I did something quite unprofessional just a few minutes ago at the time of this edit. I am now undoing it.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-04-29 23:47:12

no, I'd have to say having the karma system is pretty stupid. I wish I could just make it to where it doesn't show up on my profile info, and therefore have no need to complain, but no. I'm going to bitch about this.

Oh come on, you know everybody will boost you anyway. *boosts*

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2009-05-01 19:06:26
Eh… Kinda stupid if you ask me. Its not at all a real representation of popularity at the fourms. Newo is well respected and because of a joke his is at -60000 or something. So is xparasite9's but I don't know how it got that low with out everyone trolling on him. (Which I can see happening easily)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-05-02 02:05:25
Thats when you use administrator powerrs I guess.

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2009-05-02 06:41:31
Wait, what? If its so pointless, why'd we bring it back?

Huh.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-02 07:52:23
I think it was bought back because the admins got bored.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-03 00:49:34
I really liked this feature, mainly because I used it as karma/post rating i.e if someone had a bad reputation and they made a good post I would +1 that person and vice versa, or if someone just made a really good post and or contributed something great or a lot to the community, I myself see this as the only reasonable and beneficial way to use this feature, I would like it if people would not mess it up for us who intend to use it the right way.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-03 03:48:58
But of course, you will get the odd one or two people who make a fuss, sorta like:

"Why was I given -1? I never did anything" and other, less well typed variations.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-03 10:21:48

But of course, you will get the odd one or two people who make a fuss, sorta like:

"Why was I given -1? I never did anything" and other, less well typed variations.

Bottom line: LIMIT DRAMA.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-03 11:09:22

Why not have no drama?

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2009-05-03 11:10:10

Something this thread is failing to do.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-03 16:27:05
Thats why Im hoping people will be mature and not cry about there glitch power.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-05-03 21:27:30
I'm unsure why Glitch Power even caused drama in the first place. It doesn't affect the user at all in the first place, other than a changing number near the username. All the more reason to have carefree fun with it.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-03 21:30:39

I'm unsure why Glitch Power even caused drama in the first place. It doesn't affect the user at all in the first place, other than a changing number near the username. All the more reason to have carefree fun with it.

It doesn't really matter, it's just some little number to have fun with!

Posted by: Wild GHOST
Date: 2009-05-04 04:14:58

Post counts are the also a little number with very little actual meaning but all over the internet there are forums where the members cause a big fuss about them.

I have no strong opinion one way or the other on the karma/"glitch power" system.