Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Stupid naïve kids... - Page 1

Stupid naïve kids...

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-13 10:36:30
My brothers and I call them "idiots in PkMn". They're the kind of dudes that…well…you know…are…like…well…
I can't put it into good wording, but dudes that don't know much about PkMn and think they do. It isn't necessarily always little kids, but they eventually spread their bad information on it and more people "know", and soon tons of people are like "DUDEXZ LKYHE AE CHVVE MOAR POAKEYMON KAADZ ZEN UU!". They really annoy(ed) me (well at my new school almost no one likes PkMn). Anyone know what I mean? Anyway you can post stories here I guess.
To tell the truth…I can't exactly pinpoint any good ones.

Re: Stupid naïve kids...

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-01-19 13:22:14
I know what you mean.
I know of a lot of people who think the anime came before the game.
I heard someone thought latias and latios are available in blue.
Ash's pikachu evolves in the anime towards the end of the first season (that's kind of old thou)
And a kid that called blastoise, hydro pump.

Date: 2008-01-19 13:27:48
One of the main reasons I hate the show.

Re: Stupid naive kids...

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-01-19 16:08:09

One of the main reasons I hate the show.

Too true.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-19 18:53:12
Someone that I was friends with a while ago thought that if you breed latias and latios you will get a deoxys

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-01-19 19:42:03
Someone actually told me that you could find a Celebi NATURALLY in the wild in Gold on a hidden Route 51. BS.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-19 19:51:23
Some of these "naive kids" would be called n00bs on the internet.

A few people said there was a 17th badge in Pokemon G/S/C in a secret forest.

My brothers and I call them "idiots in PkMn". They're the kind of dudes that…well…you know…are…like…well…
I can't put it into good wording, but dudes that don't know much about PkMn and think they do. It isn't necessarily always little kids, but they eventually spread their bad information on it and more people "know", and soon tons of people are like "DUDEXZ LKYHE AE CHVVE MOAR POAKEYMON KAADZ ZEN UU!". They really annoy(ed) me (well at my new school almost noone likes PkMn). Anyone know what I mean? Anyway you can post stories here I guess.

As for the pokemon cards thing, I used to have a lot of them and a lot of rare ones.  Well, back then one of my "friends" got jealous and stole them then burned, destroyed, or hid all but two that he stole and ripped the holographic crap off the dark charizard and was taunting me with it. (I was like seven-eight so I didn't know he stole them)  So basicly after that he was like "I HAZ BETTAR POKGEYMANZ CRADZ TEHN J00!!1"

No, I am not "friends" with him now or shortly after that.

Date: 2008-01-19 19:57:59

I can't put it into good wording, but dudes that don't know much about PkMn and think they do. It isn't necessarily always little kids, but they eventually spread their bad information on it and more people "know", and soon tons of people are like "DUDEXZ LKYHE AE CHVVE MOAR POAKEYMON KAADZ ZEN UU!". They really annoy(ed) me (well at my new school almost noone likes PkMn). Anyone know what I mean? Anyway you can post stories here I guess.

As for the pokemon cards thing, I used to have a lot of them and a lot of rare ones.  Well, back then one of my "friends" got jealous and stole them then burned, destroyed, or hid all but two that he stole and ripped the holographic crap off the dark charizard and was taunting me with it. (I was like seven-eight so I didn't know he stole them)  So basicly after that he was like "I HAZ BETTAR POKGEYMANZ CRADZ TEHN J00!!1"

Oh my God. What an evil person. You should have kicked his ass after that. I would have.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-01-19 20:08:32

Oh my God. What an evil person. You should have kicked his ass after that. I would have.

I feel exactly the same way.

Anyway, I also heard from somewhere that there were special "secret machines" in RBY. Wherever I heard them from forgot where the first one was obtained, but it was needed to get the others. I forgot where I heard that, however.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-19 20:11:54

He's not evil he's f**king mental.  If I remember correctly he threatened to kill me (didn't know what the hell that ment when I'm freaking 8) and he threatened a kid with a knife on the bus held up to the kid's stomach and got in sargus and stole some copperhead that was 6 inches or so long that was a national artifact from someone he knew and got in sargus.  He'd act normal at times but if I think about him he's f***ing mental.

We'll now that I typed that, he is evil and mental. (Let's not make this topic a thread about this, you can make a few reaction things about this but not the whole thread.)

Date: 2008-01-19 20:14:16
Someone else told me you could find a Pepsi bottle in a gumball machine in Celadon Dept. Store in R/B and inside would be Mew. I was also told you could get Mew by going through the path of statues in Indigo Plateau in R/B/Y after beating the Elite 4 a really big number of times and you would find a new path to the right, where you would reach a Burger King and could buy food and Mew would be in the bathroom.

I'm not kidding. I'm totally 100% serious.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-01-19 22:23:36

Someone else told me you could find a Pepsi bottle in a gumball machine in Celadon Dept. Store in R/B and inside would be Mew. I was also told you could get Mew by going through the path of statues in Indigo Plateau in R/B/Y after beating the Elite 4 a really big number of times and you would find a new path to the right, where you would reach a Burger King and could buy food and Mew would be in the bathroom.

*Goes and tries it…..it worked!* I wish
they had the whopper back then…

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-01-19 22:30:36

I thought they did… I thought the Whopper was as old as BK.

Date: 2008-01-20 05:53:28

I'm not saying I don't like the cards, it's just that the "n00bs" think that it's the main thing usually. That or the show. But actually, I haven't been collecting the cards lately, so yeah.

Date: 2008-01-20 12:39:39

I thought they did… I thought the Whopper was as old as BK.

You also had to be specific with what food you bought. You HAD to buy a Whopper Jr., french fries, and a vanilla milk shake, or else the cheat would fail.