Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Never caught a shiny. - Page 1

Never caught a shiny.

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2008-07-03 20:07:00
Everyone talks about catching shiny pokemon. I've never even seen one on a game. :'(  It saddens me. I spend so much time roaming, trying to catch wild pokemon. Recently I've learned of shiny pokemon. It made me dissappointed that I've never seen one. People have told me, "Well, maybe you've seen one and didn't realize it.", but HELLO! How do you miss a shiny pokemon unless you're downright stupid? *Sighs* I wants one!  :'(

Re: Never caught a shiny.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-07-03 20:08:14
Use pokeradar.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-03 20:16:15
shinies are rare. of course, there was a storyline shiny Gyarados back in G/S/C. but…some people play the games for years without ever seeing one. kind of like Mirage Island in R/S/E.
I never saw Mirage Island. Then again, I've gotten a shiny elekid in Silver, a shiny skarmory in sapphire, a shiny meowth AND geodude on Fire Red, nothing on Emerald, and one time I wasn't even looking for one, but I got a shiny shinx on Diamond. don't worry about it. you'll find one when you least expect it.

Use pokeradar.

There are some people who use the PokéRadar in D/P to make it easier to find shinies. It doesn't increase the chances, it just speeds it up.

Date: 2008-07-03 20:21:39

Use pokeradar.

There are some people who use the Pok?Radar in D/P to make it easier to find shinies. It doesn't increase the chances, it just speeds it up.
Uhh, actuly, it increses you chases everytime you increase you chain, the chanses of finding a shiny patch increase.

Date: 2008-07-03 20:22:46
…*Sighs* I have no idea what pokeradar is, but I only have three pokemon games, Yellow, Crystal, and Saphire. I DID catch the Gyarados, but that's one of those pokemon everyone sees and has the chance to catch. I wanna see something rare. I'm so sad though. I've been playing the pokemon games nonstop since Yellow came out. I hope I see one soon. I don't wanna be 95 when I see one one Pokemon (insert some weird color here).

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-03 20:24:16

Use pokeradar.

There are some people who use the PokéRadar in D/P to make it easier to find shinies. It doesn't increase the chances, it just speeds it up.
Uhh, actually, it increases you chases every time you increase you chain, the chances of finding a shiny patch increase.
uhhh, no. it's the same probability each time.

Date: 2008-07-03 20:43:26
No, it's confirmed that it increses till the chain is at 40 or so.

Date: 2008-07-04 00:05:41
I'm guessing that Pokeradar is from Diamond and Pearl…probably why I have no idea what it is. *Sighs* I envy you guys. My bro broke the top screen to our DS, so the only newer game he got was Phantom Hourglass because our cousin had it, and he found out he didn't need the top screen.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-07-04 10:48:20
I have never caught a shiny without cheating.
I encountered a shiny Graveler, but it was in a double battle.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-07-04 12:21:38
I've caught a shiny Mareep which I plan to make it a Shiny Ampharos.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-04 15:09:22
I never owned a shiny, other than red Gyarados on Crystal. BUT, I did watch my brother capture a shiny Absol on Sapphire. Man, I was so jealous.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-07-04 19:53:56
In over 2000 hours of play time I have only caught two shinies, a Wingull (Ruby) now Pelipper, and a Rattata (Silver) now Raticate. I also have numerous shiny Gyarados, but those don't count.

Anyway, chaining is really tough. About as tough as finding a shiny the normal way (for me at least…rrg).

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-04 19:55:23
Chaining? Chaining what?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-07-04 20:05:57

Chaining? Chaining what?
It's when you take a chain and
Using the Pok?radar to find the same Pok?mon in a row a lot, the more you get the higher the chance goes, it gets a lot higher at 40.

Date: 2008-07-05 14:19:58
Though I can never make a chain of more than 5. :P