Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Never caught a shiny. - Page 3

Re: Never caught a shiny.

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-01-14 17:58:32

No, it's confirmed that it increases till the chain is at 40 or so.
actually, it's never been fully confirmed. I've seen people put up BS forumlae about it, but they're never the same, and even then, the chance only increases to about .5% so there's not much worth in attempting it even then.
I'm not believing it until I see some hard evidence (like changing variables in the RAM) and even then I'd take it with a grain of salt.

An increase to .5% is an enormous increase. The chances of encountering a shiny normally are 1 in 8,192 or .0122%. If your .5% comment is true, then you are 41 times more likely to encounter a shiny through chaining than through random means.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-01-27 16:09:09
I've only ever seen the Red Gyarados. Never seen any others.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-01-28 01:24:33
I have seen a shiny giratina(soft resetted) and a shiny staravia(random encounter RIGHT after the shiny giratina encounter) both on my first platinum, that is now chewed up.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-01-31 17:57:54
One time in my pokemon crystal I was looking for the three legendary cats(I call them cats so stfu) and I
encountered a shiny Drowzee that is now a level 100 Hypno. Waay before that on the same file I got out of Ilex forest and got the egg from the couple and it hatched into a shiny pichu, which is now a level 64(EV trained) Pikachu named Sparky. Something that doesn't count I breeded my Shiny Gyarados with  ditto to get a shitload of golden Magikarps.