Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Never caught a shiny. - Page 2

Re: Never caught a shiny.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-05 15:12:31
I don't even know how to use the Pokeradar to chain Pokemon.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-07-05 17:45:27
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FV9XSMHztsA
Watch part 2 as well.

My best is 13. I suck at it…

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-23 23:55:22

No, it's confirmed that it increases till the chain is at 40 or so.
actually, it's never been fully confirmed. I've seen people put up BS forumlae about it, but they're never the same, and even then, the chance only increases to about .5% so there's not much worth in attempting it even then.
I'm not believing it until I see some hard evidence (like changing variables in the RAM) and even then I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2008-08-13 14:21:01
Basically, I was catching all the Unowns on a friend's Diamond for him ( he was playing his Pearl ) , and I found a shiny Unown-S. I immediently showed him and he decided to catch it himself. He obviously still has it, but locked away in the Unown box with all 27 other Unown types.

Also, I suck. I thought that a west-side Gastrodon was a shiny. Yeah, I sux0r.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-08-18 10:10:18

Also, I suck. I thought that a west-side Gastrodon was a shiny. Yeah, I sux0r.
LOL, my brother thought the same thing.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-08-18 10:16:09
Well, Shiny Pokemon, are ultra rare. My late older brother found a Shiny Electrike, in the grass on his Ruby, and he still has it. The only Shiny Pokemon, you can get is Shiny Gyarados, in G/S/C. I used a Gameshark on my Silver, 6 years ago and I had the enouter any Pokemon Code, on so whenever I went into the grass outside Littleroot, I'd enouter a lvl 2-4 Shiny Celebi.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2008-08-19 22:09:38
I never found a real shiny. My cousin did once in his Gold version.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-08-20 09:47:36
I haven't been lucky enough to encounter a Shiny yet. ??

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-08-20 10:07:28
Then you'll be pissed. I just got myself a shiny Eevee! I was breeding Eeveelutions, and one of the eggs hatched into a shiny Eevee! I plan on evolving it. What would you advise evolving it into?

Posted by: Mezase Master
Date: 2008-09-16 07:08:21
Don't worry, I found my first shiny Pok?mon ever last Saturday.  It was a shiny Abra, I came across it looking for Raikou and Entei in Crystal, used one fast ball and the little bugger was mine.  You shouldn't really be looking for them, just let them come to you.

Ironically, I was telling people at that rate (I was trying to get the beasts for well over a week) I'd find and catch a shiny before I did Raikou and Entei. O_o Thankfully, I caught Entei that night and Raikou the next morning.  Talk about a lucky weekend.

Posted by: GlitchCrusader
Date: 2008-09-29 21:31:28
On my pokemon leafgreen, i saw a shiny deowgong. I was planning to trade it my emerald wich i NEVER EVER caught a shiny pokemon even though i played for 500+ hours but 1 of my friends came and saved over my save. i was crying for ages. I now got diamond and guess what. im so lucky. I found a SHINY DIALGA. thats rite SHINY. NOW IM SO LUCKY! :P

Date: 2008-09-30 19:28:43
A legit shiny Dialga? :o

I never thought that a legendary could be shiny.  Do you just go to battle with it like the normal event and it has just as much a chance of being shiny as any other Pok?mon?

I'm sure if anybody were willing to give up a year of their life, they could save right before a legendary battle and just restart over and over until they got it to be shiny. ;)

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-09-30 21:42:08

A legit shiny Dialga? :o

I never thought that a legendary could be shiny.  Do you just go to battle with it like the normal event and it has just as much a chance of being shiny as any other Pok?mon?

I'm sure if anybody were willing to give up a year of their life, they could save right before a legendary battle and just restart over and over until they got it to be shiny. ;)

That's generally how people get 'em. Certainly not something I'd care to do.

Date: 2008-10-01 07:38:05
I don't think I'd be setting a good example for my grandkids when they see that I'm still playing Diamond every day of my life.

Posted by: GlitchCrusader
Date: 2008-10-01 21:23:44
Its legit all rite so's my celebi but im so pissed off with my friend. He's got a shiny jirachi that i think is hacked coz hes got a rom and a flash cart. he asked if he could see wat would happen if he taught MY shiny dialga Superpower with 100 pp. THATS RITE 100!. anyway he never gave it bak. :(
im lucky coz i never actually followed the events so i just trained my pokemon BUT NEVER SAW A SHINY FOR 200 HOURS OF PLAYING.
all of my party pokemon were lvl 100 enof to own and bash up the elite 4. wen i got up to dialga, i killed it so i started again. luckily i saved be4 i got up to dialga. the 2nd time it was a SHINY!

P.S THE SHINY CELEBI IS STILL AVAILIBLE!
P.SS I GOT IT FROM AN NINTENDO EVENT!