Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Oh god, My mom found something for me at a yard sale. - Page 1

Oh god, My mom found something for me at a yard sale.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-10 15:49:14
My mom found a Chaos Black version at a yard sale. Can you believe it? Of all the places to find it, why at a yard sale. I dicked around with it for a bit.

First it takes you to the title screen.

Then it takes you to the Save file select screen

Then that takes you to the game which then takes you to the off switch because this  pirate is really that shitty and uncreative.

Re: Oh god, My mom found something for me at a yard sale.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-10 16:32:58
…Chaos Black?

Hang on, what do you mean "Takes you to the off switch"?

Date: 2009-10-10 16:36:55
Chaos Black is a pirate (bootleg) game. It is a very terrible pirate of Firered. It has terribly edited pokemon sprites and is only slightly altered from the original version of firered.

I was saying that the game is so horrible that as soon as you see how bad it is you'll want to turn off your gameboy and torch this game cart with a flamethrower. Its really that bad.

By the way, it contains a Mewthree X. Once again stupid.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-10-10 17:12:56
Seriously? It's like when my brother tried to get Blue, and his version seemed to be a pirate version where no matter how many times he would save, it would say some weird crap about a no saved data. The sprites seemed normal, but I knew it was a fake/pirate copy because the cartrige was grey, and there was no official gold stamp of Nintendo on it. It's like before on Google I saw a pirate copy of Sapphire called, "Glitch City Version" or some odd name.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-10 18:02:01
Thanks for telling me, I was just about to get it off of eBay.

Date: 2009-10-10 18:22:55
Glisp's warning, or what I said?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-10 18:53:43

Glisp's warning, or what I said?

Glisp's.

Date: 2009-10-10 19:05:42
Who in the hell would want a pirated copy of a game? If it was a ROM hack, fair enough. I have FRLG. But pirated games like the game you spoke of, Glisp is a waste of money.

Posted by: Slowhand
Date: 2009-10-10 19:24:40
This is even shittier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGhTORVzifo

Date: 2009-10-10 19:59:51
Well, so much for wanting to torch my game. When my cousin Patrick found out I had Chos Black and didn't need it he begged and begged and finally I just gave it to him. I told him that he wouldn't like it.

Also the other REAL 3rd Generation games that came with it had pokemon from Chaos Black traded onto it and they were converted to their Hexadecimal Equivilents but still had the fucking retarded name that they had on Chaos Black.

The other third generation games I got with it are legit though thankfully.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-10 20:09:24
Well if you evolve them they should turn into their normal names…

Date: 2009-10-10 20:17:22
Actually no because they are considered nicknames and they are also traded pokemon so you cannot change their nicknames.

Date: 2009-10-10 20:43:29
Since Glisp isn't the OT, he can't change the name of that "Pokemon". I heard there was a code that can change the Pokemon's name, Original Trainer or not, but I've gone through so many cheat sites, I don't know what is real for codes and what isn't. ¬¬

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-10 20:48:56
I only get my cheats from GameFAQs, just ftr.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-10-10 21:13:39

Actually no because they are considered nicknames and they are also traded pokemon so you cannot change their nicknames.
If the pokemon it's self was not nicknamed, It will NEVER be considered nicknamed. NEVER