Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Oh god, My mom found something for me at a yard sale. - Page 2

Re: Oh god, My mom found something for me at a yard sale.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-10-10 22:14:40
Some pirate games, can't seem to "keep" a saved data, like my brother's copies of Blue that all of them were pirates, mineus the one he fight brought, the release dates of R/B years ago.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-10-10 22:21:16

It's like before on Google I saw a pirate copy of Sapphire called, "Glitch City Version" or some odd name.

This?
[img]http://trsrockin.com/images/glitch_version.jpg[/img]
Not a pirate. This doesn't even exist, it's a photoshop.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-10 22:33:19

Who in the hell would want a pirated copy of a game?

*raises hand*

But pirated games like the game you spoke of, Glisp is a waste of money.

That's why you download them instead of buying them. :P

Date: 2009-10-10 23:35:20
Haha, yeah but I don't play pirate games. And yeah, that is what I was on about.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-11 00:12:02

It's like before on Google I saw a pirate copy of Sapphire called, "Glitch City Version" or some odd name.

This?

I used to think that was real when I was 6.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-11 01:22:44

Some pirate games, can't seem to "keep" a saved data, like my brother's copies of Blue that all of them were pirates, mineus the one he fight brought, the release dates of R/B years ago.

I managed to play a Pokemon Quartz cartridge (Quartz is a meh Ruby hack done by some Spanish dude). It was an interesting interpretation of the Hoenn region, but it was unable to save.

This?

I used to think that was real when I was 6.

Once I saw what appeared to be a FireRed cartridge with a Ruby label on it in the used games section at some game store. I nearly bought it just because it looked so strange, but I already had two Ruby versions and my parents didn't understand why I wanted another one.

Date: 2009-10-11 11:11:49
Yeah, it's what I mean. People can make rip-off games off the original games, but they fail to see that whatever they did to ruin the game and make it their own, they've done something to the cartridge to stop it from being unable to save.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-11 14:21:59
That's kind of the condition Sonic 2 beta was in when it was found. Some pirates forced the beta to skip the Sega logo. However it was a retarded job as if you play the game and make it all the way through the playable levels the sega logo will appear.

Date: 2009-10-11 14:49:06
What a crock of shit. I've played the old Sonic 1 and 2 games on the Sega Master System, but on the Mega Drive, Sonic 3 became the only Sonic game (back in the day) to be able to save your data. I know all th cartridges, minus DS games, all have that a watch battery in them. Them small batteries are watch batteries, my Pokedex has them, and so do the other games, but yeah I see where you're coming from, Glisp. (Sorry for any errors, it's just I'm not used to the smaller keyboard on my new laptop XD.)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-11 15:48:42

Sonic 3 became the only Sonic game (back in the day) to be able to save your data.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles could also save data.

Date: 2009-10-11 16:04:24
I played it before. I don't remember if I did have the game, this was a long time ago.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-11 20:32:02

Sonic 3 became the only Sonic game (back in the day) to be able to save your data.

I have Sonic and Knuckles…..on Sonic Mega Collection.

Date: 2009-10-11 20:47:14
I have that, Sonic Mega Collection, and Mega Collection Plus (I think it was called) for Xbox, and the other for GameCube. I do miss the old Turbo Controller that I used to have that I could unlock Sonic into Super Sonic on Mega Drive, but my brother was the only one to do it. ¬¬ But still, most pirate games, tend to get all over the place and they'll suck.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-11 20:52:18

I have Sonic and Knuckles…..on Sonic Mega Collection.

Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Knuckles are sort of separate games. Sonic 3 and Knuckles is Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles together as one game and is unlockable by recording in Mega Collection's Game log and playing several games multiple times. You really only have to start them up actually.

Date: 2009-10-11 21:23:32
Well, I go to games, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles is already unlocked. Even now I still suck at the games. It's taken me all these years to be Sonic the Hedgehog on Master System (GG GameGear on Sonic Mega Collection/Plus.)