Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Challenge Run Info/Signup Thread - Page 3

Re: Pokémon Challenge Run Info/Signup Thread

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-07-13 12:40:52

I think those level caps are a bit high. The idea is to use multiple Pokémon and take advantage of what you can, with low level caps. I agree with 16 for Brock, though.

Ah, ok. Maybe these? I agree that some of them were really high. Before the third badge for instance; you could easily get a Diglett and train it just a little to beat Lt. Surge.

1) Before first badge:  Level 15 (Mankey is found later in Yellow)
2) Before second badge:  Level 19
3) Before third badge: Level 21
4) Before fourth badge: Level 28
5) Before fifth badge: Level 36
6) Before sixth badge: Level 45
7) Before seventh badge: Level 54
8) Before eighth badge: Level 56
9) Before beating the Pokémon League: Level 64
Those are fine. Sorry for the late reply. The rules are really the choice of each participator. As long as they're reasonable, it's fine.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-07-13 13:40:31
No problem, I've recently reached Mt. Moon and defeated a Spearow on the way, so I'll need to update my current progress.

Posted by: catlegs
Date: 2010-08-05 23:27:55
I may be a bit late starting this, but I'm going to start a solo run of Red with Squirtle (with the exception of HM slaves).  No items bought, and no losing battles.  Wish me luck.

Date: 2010-08-06 06:05:42

I may be a bit late starting this, but I'm going to start a solo run of Red with Squirtle (with the exception of HM slaves).  No items bought, and no losing battles.  Wish me luck.

Best of luck! I did a solo run with h Poké once, although I found it a little too easy because of it being a Gengar hybrid.

Posted by: catlegs
Date: 2010-08-17 18:13:08
Well, I finished my solo run about a week ago.  It was a bit too easy with turbo-speed emulators.  My Blastoise ended up at level 87 after beating the Elite 4.

Posted by: krutomisi
Date: 2010-10-18 20:27:04
I'm thinking of going with a gba hack to mix things up – not sure which one though

I (jokingly) tried to to the PCR with Moemon Leafgreen

well, my tactic of using half of my team as scapegoats didn't work quite as good as it normally does – I got to Misty before having to grind with my lone pikachu

and then it lost

Date: 2010-10-25 19:41:38
Seeing as I'm really not doing this it at all, I'm transferring all responsibilities to Torchickens (only if you want to, of course.)

Date: 2010-10-26 08:39:03

Seeing as I'm really not doing this it at all, I'm transferring all responsibilities to Torchickens (only if you want to, of course.)

I haven't actually progressed much with my challenge either and have kind of postponed, though if anyone wants to start/update their progress I'll happily update the first post.

Date: 2010-11-23 17:47:31
Hay guise! I have a good amount of time off for Thanksgiving, so I'll be starting a challenge run of Blue, with all the rules listed on the first post. Here are the level caps I will apply:
Up to Brock: Lv. 12
Up to Misty: Lv. 18
Up to Lt. Surge: Lv. 21
Up to Erika: Lv. 26
Up to Sabrina: Lv. 40
Up to Koga: Lv. 41
Up to Blaine: Lv. 42
Up to Giovanni (Gym): Lv. 44
Up to Pokémon League start: Lv. 54
I'll be doing some videos and I'll make an attempt at some funny commentary.