Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Most difficult Pokémon game? - Page 1

Most difficult Pokémon game?

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2013-10-05 18:56:48
In my opinion it's Colosseum, but I'm curious on what you guys think.

For clarification, I mean in terms of beating the game (like the E4).

Re: Most difficult Pokémon game?

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-10-05 19:57:19
Of the ones I've played I'd probably vote LeafGreen/FireRed, but that wasn't on the list :(

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-10-05 23:53:03
What defines difficulty? The difficulty to beat the game (e.g. beating E4) or complete the game (e.g. capture all Pokemon)?

Date: 2013-10-06 00:19:21

What defines difficulty? The difficulty to beat the game (e.g. beating E4) or complete the game (e.g. capture all Pokemon)?

The first one you mentioned (beating the game).

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-10-06 01:17:49
Pinball. Beating a game of pinball is very, very difficult.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-10-06 12:58:30
I'll choose Yellow as the starter is too weak. Go Quick Attack that Onix!
Or can I use glitch?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-10-07 00:48:44

I'll choose Yellow as the starter is too weak. Go Quick Attack that Onix!
Or can I use glitch?

Or you could just…. catch a Mankey or a Butterfree.

Anyways, I have a few things that come to mind, since we're considering side games:

- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Not even counting the stupid bonus dungeons that reduce to level 1 or whatever bullshit
- Pinball (it should be mentioned that it is actually possible to 'win' if you consider catching Mew to be doing so, but it is rather difficult)
- Pokemon Channel if you hate the anime special contained within, and you struggle to force yourself to watch even 3-minute segments of it in one sitting
- Maybe Pokemon Box, although filling it up (the only thing that can be considered a win condition) isn't so much difficult as tedious.

As for main series games, I'm not sure. I'm inclined to think Platinum but I haven't played it in a while so maybe it isn't. All I know is that it's not GSC because that was easy as fuck.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-07 10:43:07
Pokemon Puzzle League can get a bit tricky at times as well

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-10-11 00:32:03
I'm not going to vote for the original ranger, but some of the bosses were stupid… Namely Salamance and Steelix, though Steelix was only difficult because you had too have the right party going into the fight.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-11 14:56:29
Although it's not as bad as other examples I have yet to think of, level grinding in G/S/C and HG/SS was brutal. And agonizing.

Date: 2013-10-11 15:29:50

Although it's not as bad as other examples I have yet to think of, level grinding in G/S/C and HG/SS was brutal. And agonizing.

…!

Hey PLAYER I just wanted to tell you something useless not to battle BYE.

Click!

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-11 15:53:40
"Hey PLAYER it's JUGGLER IRWIN anyway I saw you changing in your room the other day and I–"

-Click-

"Hello?"

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-10-11 21:25:05
I voted Ruby/Sapphire since I remember the
Elite Four repeatedly wrecking me but Stadium 2
was pretty challenging as well and I still haven't beat
that game  :P

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-10-13 11:48:11
Out of all of those I'd have to go for Ruby because I could never beat the E4 as a kid. RBY was pretty tough at the E4 as a kid for me too, but more so Ruby since I've NEVER actually beaten the game, someone stole my copy. :(

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-10-13 13:37:19
That dragon pirate guy was hell. Do you remember who stole it? I'll find them and beat them up.