Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Most difficult Pokémon game? - Page 2

Re: Most difficult Pokémon game?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-10-13 18:00:02

That dragon pirate guy was hell. Do you remember who stole it? I'll find them and beat them up.

I'm not sure exactly who stole it, but I have an idea… it was 4th grade though. And I have Emerald so it's all good.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-10-13 20:29:38
Emerald is better than Ruby so you're better off. I didn't really care about gen 3 so I beat it and moved on. Black and White's elite four was fun

Date: 2013-10-14 09:53:20

Emerald is better than Ruby so you're better off. I didn't really care about gen 3 so I beat it and moved on. Black and White's elite four was fun

Yeah I liked the updated storyline in Emerald anyway, it basically fixed everything wrong with RS.

Posted by: holdjack421
Date: 2013-12-02 10:13:08
Ruby and Sapphire weren't bad games, they just weren't as good as Emerald. Let us hold some silence in honour of those games.

Date: 2013-12-05 13:11:06

Ruby and Sapphire weren't bad games, they just weren't as good as Emerald. Let us hold some silence in honour of those games.

Well yeah because they were just the platform for Emerald haha.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-12-05 14:54:20

Yeah I liked the updated storyline in Emerald anyway, it basically fixed everything wrong with RS.

Except for the water.

Date: 2013-12-06 08:44:33

Except for the water.

As a 4th grader playing Emerald, the water was bearable. Now, not so much. That just adds to it's charm.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2013-12-06 09:28:01
I've always loved R/S/E.

In my opinion, the gen you like most is the one you started at.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-12-06 10:06:23

I've always loved R/S/E.

I disagree.

I started back with Yellow back in the day, and I don't think Gen 1 is anywhere near as good as the other ones.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2013-12-06 10:20:41

I've always loved R/S/E.

I disagree.

I started back with Yellow back in the day, and I don't think Gen 1 is anywhere near as good as the other ones.

Heh.
I guess it's true for some people (think genwunners) and not others.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-12-06 12:49:19

I've always loved R/S/E.

I disagree.

I love the glitches but really don't like the gameplay.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-12-16 21:18:08
Nuzlocke challenge on pokemon trozei. enough said.

Date: 2013-12-17 01:06:21

Wait, what?
I haven't actually played Pokémon Trozei, but from what I know of the gameplay a Nuzlocke challenge isn't even conceptually possible. Do you mean you have to start a new game every time you match some blocks, or something?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-12-17 23:13:55

Wait, what?
I haven't actually played Pokémon Trozei, but from what I know of the gameplay a Nuzlocke challenge isn't even conceptually possible. Do you mean you have to start a new game every time you match some blocks, or something?

If you match 3 pokemon in a row, you can't match that pokemon for the rest of the game.
You are not allowed to match 4 or more, if you do you have to reset the game
Saving is not allowed
If you beat the round you have to make a comic about it on the internet.

Date: 2013-12-18 01:11:26

Wait, what?

If you match 3 pokemon in a row, you can't match that pokemon for the rest of the game.
You are not allowed to match 4 or more, if you do you have to reset the game
Saving is not allowed
If you beat the round you have to make a comic about it on the internet.

That sounds arbitrary and slightly ridiculous*, not to mention not even related to the Nuzlocke challenge. You might as well say that the Nuzlocke challenge for Pokemon Snap is that you're only allowed to take one picture of each Pokémon, or something.

*I think the Nuzlocke challenge is slightly ridiculous anyway, but that's another story.