Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

RBY to be released on the 3DS Virtual Console - Page 4

Re: RBY to be released on the 3DS Virtual Console

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-02-28 17:17:44

I think Ryccardo is correct that the digit in the filenames after the product code is the ROM revision; its 0 for all ROMs except those that had later revisions (Japanese Red APAJ1, Green APBJ1, and Yellow APSJ3).

As I understand it, Nintendos product codes printed on cartridge labels, boxes, and manuals reflect revisions or different print runs of those materials; the only reliable indicator of ROM revisions is the code printed on the ROM chip itself. For example, my Pokémon Stadium cartridge has NUS-NPOE-USA (no revision number) printed on the label, but the ROM chip says NUS-NPOE-2, and it is in fact revision 2 (with purple Jynx). Conversely, a code of DMG-AAXI-ITA-1 on a cartridge label doesnt mean that there was really any revision to the Italian Silver ROM.

I see. Thanks for the info, I wasn't fully aware of that.