Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Obtaining event-exclusives through Mystery Gift via Wi-Fi - Page 1

Obtaining event-exclusives through Mystery Gift via Wi-Fi

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2018-01-03 14:28:50
Ok so I'm wondering if anyone knows any glitches that are AR free and hacking free to get the event Pokemon in Black and White such as Keldeo, Genesect, Meleotta and any others I'm forgetting. By the way Happy New Year to all the Glitch City Labs Community who's help and research has helped me and doubtlessly lots of other Pokemon Lovers! Thanks! :D ;D

Re: Event Glitches for Pokemon Black and White not Black and White 2.

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-01-03 14:55:04
Hi!

As of now, methods of obtaining these Pokemon in generation 5 without the means of hacking has yet to be found.

By the way Happy New Year to all the Glitch City Labs Community

Happy new years!

Date: 2018-01-05 16:54:21
Ok well if there is anyone willing to do research on it then please do.
I'm asking not because I'm lazy but one I barley know anything about code or whatever and I have a lot of other stuff to do. I'm hoping to learn about more of that sort of tech stuff though so maybe I'll find something to but the help would be much much appreciated.

Date: 2018-01-05 17:07:51
I hate to tell you this, but it is unlikely such a glitch will be found in the near future, if at all. Research in Gen V is rather lax, considering we don't have a great/decent understanding of the game's code. In fact, I have yet to see a major or otherwise notable glitch from the generation.

I suppose all one can do is wait. I cannot research this myself due to a lack of resources to do so, also i'm busy with something else at the moment.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-01-05 17:12:25
I remember that luckytyphlosion was talking about how both Generation II and V support infrared. In theory an exploit from that could follow through similar to the GTS spoofing exploits that once worked without Action Replay prior to the shutdown of the GTS, but as Epsilon said I don't think there have been any major exploits for Black/White and Black 2/White 2 yet. (hmm except for RNG manipulation)

Date: 2018-01-05 17:24:49
(hmm except for RNG manipulation)

While useful, RNG manip isn't exclusive to gen V. In fact, I find it to be far easier on Gen III

I remember that luckytyphlosion was talking about how both Generation II and V support infrared. In theory an exploit from that could follow through similar to the GTS spoofing exploits that once worked without Action Replay prior to the shutdown of the GTS

Interesting that you mention that, as a small group of people (Wack0, ISSOtm, and luckytypholsion) have been discussing a potential emulator-escape exploit on VC for gameboy color ROMs. Maybe their findings there can allow for this?

Date: 2018-01-06 09:35:24
It really sucks that The Pokemon Company won't just re-host the events by like maybe setting up temporary DS internet in certain locations like Gamestop here and there it maybe at the Pokemon World Championship. That would make it so much more people come to those events just to get the event pokemon and they could do one per event or something. But Nintendo wants you to play the new games only but in my opinion playing old Nintendo games doesn't stop me from wanting/buying the new games so that shouldn't be a problem. At least make a super secret crazy backdoor that activates after a certain amount of time or something Nintendo!

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-01-06 10:52:19
EMUParadise has a few Event Distribution Cartridges for HG/SS, D/P/P and B/W safely tucked away on the forums. Start hunting. >:D

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-01-06 12:09:47

In fact, I have yet to see a major or otherwise notable glitch from the generation.

Well, at least we can still clone  :P

Date: 2018-01-07 18:53:26
One is cloning not considered cheating by most? (I'm not calling glitches cheating cause their all inside the game) Two can you clone Events?

Date: 2018-01-07 19:08:32

is cloning not considered cheating by most?

That's entirely relative, and it would depend on who you ask. Personally, I do not consider the use of glitches to be cheating, but you may come across someone who disagrees

can you clone Events?

Any Pokemon can be cloned.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-01-08 05:43:55
You just did, personally I consider all glitches cheating :p

Date: 2018-01-08 13:33:37
Originally I was just gonna buy a Action Replay but a guy at my local Gamestop told me that he thought there was a way to get events in Platinum and that he had done it and he seemed to know what he was talking about so I decided I'd tuff it out for glitches instead of hacks and cheats.

Date: 2018-01-10 10:20:23
Is there anyway to use Pokemon Bank/Transporter to send Pokemon 5 Gen and below back into 5 Gen games? I'm guessing no but I'm just asking just in case I missed something.

Posted by: The_Fandom_Doe
Date: 2018-11-11 23:53:59
There actually is a way to get event pokemon but from my knowledge they are completely randomized! These mons ARE transferable and all you have to go is go into the wifi settings and change the dns to 164.132.044.106

The pokemon ive found so far are
The shiny sinnoh legends from 2013
A shiny metagross from a championship
The mythical unova pokemon
A flying pikachu
Two other champion pikachus
A champion Ludicolo
Reshiram/Zekrom
Champion smeargle
and an egg