Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Obtaining event-exclusives through Mystery Gift via Wi-Fi - Page 3

Re: Obtaining event-exclusives through Mystery Gift via Wi-Fi

Posted by: lapras
Date: 2018-12-28 23:48:17
I have White and I recently got Platinum. Do you need a ds/dsi to do this, or will a newer 3ds work?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-30 17:44:43
Any system that can run the game, I'd think.

Date: 2019-05-03 15:30:20
Well, this is a bit of a shame. Now that I'm finally trying again, it's not working for me in either game. In Pearl it hangs in the middle of the "Searching for a gift…" message, and in White it throws the error that there's no access point in range. I was alerted recently that someone was able to get it to work in their copy of Pearl but not White, and that them being in Germany might have had something to do with it, but they were still able to receive the events on Pearl. Any more info anyone can provide here would be welcome.

Date: 2019-05-09 03:46:17
Looking at this channel, it is abundantly clear that bingo is still, in fact, his name-o. There's a link to a video in the description that details how to get on KaeruTeam's server in a way that apparently still works.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-05-14 19:28:25
Is this common knowledge yet or is the general Pokemon community unaware of this? I'm just thinking of all the trading forums that could have their economy absolutely destroyed by members figuring out how to, basically, obtain unlimited event Pokemon.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-05-14 21:55:17

Is this common knowledge yet or is the general Pokemon community unaware of this? I'm just thinking of all the trading forums that could have their economy absolutely destroyed by members figuring out how to, basically, obtain unlimited event Pokemon.
PPSEDS or PKSV already had that under control? xD

Date: 2019-05-15 00:35:13

^ Yep. Injected Wonder Cards, cloning, rebattle codes, and all that have always been accepted in the competitive community since the dawn of VGC, and rightfully so. All that was ever looked at is whether a Pokémon itself is indistinguishable from one obtained fully legally. This is why RNG manipulation was looked into for non-TAS purposes. If you can't get it within the bounds of the game without any external modifications, it won't fly in any Wi-Fi community worth mentioning. (Something caught after using the RETIRE trick, Glitzer Popping, or ACE (before transferring through Bank) presents a strange case in that while it does fit those criteria, it isn't tournament-legal for obvious reasons.)

Howeeeeeever, most players don't care about Wi-Fi battles or VGC, again for obvious reasons. Considering how most players approach the game, and the fact this gives the chance to RNG legitimate copies of these event Pokémon in the case that someone for whatever reason can't inject a Wonder Card into their save, it's a nice thing to have around.

Posted by: Krisp
Date: 2019-05-22 01:30:30

Do people actually use that method? I prefer downloading wonder cards and injecting them via pkhex myself, I figured most people did it that way.

Re: Event Glitches for Pokemon Black and White not Black and White 2.

Posted by: LunarCrystal
Date: 2019-09-22 15:01:23

There actually is a way to get event pokemon but from my knowledge they are completely randomized! These mons ARE transferable and all you have to go is go into the wifi settings and change the dns to 164.132.044.106

The pokemon ive found so far are
The shiny sinnoh legends from 2013
A shiny metagross from a championship
The mythical unova pokemon
A flying pikachu
Two other champion pikachus
A champion Ludicolo
Reshiram/Zekrom
Champion smeargle
and an egg

You mentioned that you found all the Unova mythical Pokemon. I'm wondering, does this count Victini as well? I'm having a hard time finding it so I made an account here to ask it. I got Melloeta, Genesect, and Keldeo, but Victini is the only one I'm missing.

Re: Event Glitches for Pokemon Black and White not Black and White 2.

Date: 2019-09-22 18:41:33

You mentioned that you found all the Unova mythical Pokemon. I'm wondering, does this count Victini as well? I'm having a hard time finding it so I made an account here to ask it. I got Melloeta, Genesect, and Keldeo, but Victini is the only one I'm missing.
They're all from Wonder Cards. There was at least one for Victini, so I can assume yes.

Date: 2019-09-22 19:30:28

^ Yep. Injected Wonder Cards, cloning, rebattle codes, and all that have always been accepted in the competitive community since the dawn of VGC, and rightfully so. All that was ever looked at is whether a Pokémon itself is indistinguishable from one obtained fully legally. This is why RNG manipulation was looked into for non-TAS purposes. If you can't get it within the bounds of the game without any external modifications, it won't fly in any Wi-Fi community worth mentioning. (Something caught after using the RETIRE trick, Glitzer Popping, or ACE (before transferring through Bank) presents a strange case in that while it does fit those criteria, it isn't tournament-legal for obvious reasons.)

Howeeeeeever, most players don't care about Wi-Fi battles or VGC, again for obvious reasons. Considering how most players approach the game, and the fact this gives the chance to RNG legitimate copies of these event Pokémon in the case that someone for whatever reason can't inject a Wonder Card into their save, it's a nice thing to have around.
don't forget AR codes

technically not modifying pokemon generation routines if you only use a "Get <POKEMON> Mystery Gift" code

Date: 2019-09-24 12:51:32

don't forget AR codes

technically not modifying pokemon generation routines if you only use a "Get <POKEMON> Mystery Gift" code
Still modifying what they can return, so not really. Basic rule of competitive battling on official copies is "do whatever you want, but you better leave no traces of it".

Date: 2019-09-24 15:48:06

don't forget AR codes

Still modifying what they can return, so not really. Basic rule of competitive battling on official copies is "do whatever you want, but you better leave no traces of it".
actually all these do is set the flag used to start an event or set the Mystery Gift Postman to appear in a Pokemon center, same as the Mystery Gift feature does (did?) so it's literally toching nothing but "flip a bit in a bitfield somewhere in RAM so the game rolls one". This bitfield is why you can add event-starting items (Latios event or GS ball, for example) to your Bag and not be able to trigger the event: it wasn't updated to start the event.

Date: 2019-09-24 16:01:07
On a larger scale, then.

Date: 2019-09-24 16:27:01

On a larger scale, then.
well, yeah, but still