Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

A probably-answered question... - Page 2

Re: A probably-answered question...

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-09-16 18:34:42

Haha, welcome to gang, my friend

Lol thanks, I don't know much but I'm getting into it, your pretty cool I'm going to add you to my buddy list, before this I hated glitches now I love um *snuggles* lulz I still bite once in a while.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-16 18:38:57
I'm going to ask this once more:

Where is it stated that Ditto is the last non-glitch Pokemon?

Date: 2007-09-16 18:39:39
I don't know but it seems right to me.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-09-16 20:02:55
Actually everyone who said ditto is the las non-glitch pokemon, is wrong. Victreebel actually is.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-17 02:49:21
Ditto = 4C
Victreebel = BE

Also, I wonder if glitches becoming Ditto in Stadium 2 could be related to this.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-17 16:00:04
Lvl.0 'Ms become Lvl.1 Dittos in Stadium…Just as crazy and unexplained. Connected perhaps?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-17 16:09:03
Or Maybe Ditto is an error trap on Stadium 2. Maybe it has nothing to do with 'M at all.

Date: 2007-09-17 18:59:05
Like I said before, maybe the reason it turns to didto (in Stadium) is because it has the data and MissingNo. does not evolve at all so it goes to data since part of the data is held there.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-17 19:10:04
Hmm…perhaps.

I know on the first Stadium MissingNo and M show up as substitute dolls. Do substitute dolls have a hex? XD

Btw thanks Papa Doc (goes to find where buddy list is one here)

Date: 2007-09-17 19:12:38

Hmm…perhaps.

I know on the first Stadium MissingNo and M show up as substitute dolls. Do substitute dolls have a hex? XD

Btw thanks Papa Doc (goes to find where buddy list is one here)

OK no problem, well since it in fact shows up as a substitute in stadium I guess that is the default hx for MissingNo. when transferred, I just can't see MissingNo. as a substitute in red or why it would ever be lulz.

Date: 2007-09-17 19:24:36
Oh, maybe the Substitute hex related to the M hex? Like the first opponent is the Substitute and the one left behind is the "real" one?

Date: 2007-09-17 19:27:47

Oh, maybe the Substitute hex related to the M hex? Like the first opponent is the Substitute and the one left behind is the "real" one?

I got confuse at this part: "Like the first opponent is the Substitute and the one left behind is the "real" one?" Can you be a little more clear?

Date: 2007-09-17 19:36:54
Sorry. Let me rewrite that.

The first M you see, the one with all the garbled graphics, would be the Substitute. When you "catch" this Substitute, you're still left with the Pokemon behind the Substitute, which is why the battle doesn't end.

Doesn't really explain the Ditto part, but maybe that's why you still have M attacking you after you've supposedly caught it. Does that make more sense?

Now that I think of it…what happens if you try to catch a Substitute?

Date: 2007-09-17 19:46:19

Sorry. Let me rewrite that.

The first M you see, the one with all the garbled graphics, would be the Substitute. When you "catch" this Substitute, you're still left with the Pokemon behind the Substitute, which is why the battle doesn't end.

Doesn't really explain the Ditto part, but maybe that's why you still have M attacking you after you've supposedly caught it. Does that make more sense?

Now that I think of it…what happens if you try to catch a Substitute?

Oh I get you, so it's like, MissingNo. is the Pokemon, but when you catch him he is still there, but the left behind poke can be the substitute hex, and so when you transfer to stadium MissingNo. is glitched up and the error trap gets it but the move hex is right so it changes into a substitue, makes sense to me.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-18 02:45:54
I tried catching a substituted Magikarp in Blue, and got a normal Pokemon. Also the Substitute in Stadium has the hex value 98. (Stadium has the Pokemon values in chronological order like all later games).