Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

246 Missingno! - Page 1

246 Missingno!

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-10 19:59:32
Yep, I have caught 246 Missingno. and the game is still working. I don't think Missingno. is very dangerous. I made this to disprove the rumors about Missingno. I attached the save to the post. It works on most emulators including Visual Boy Advance and BGB. To look at the Missingno, you will have to click Release to look at them, since all the boxes are filled up and there's no space to move pokemon in and out of the boxes.

Re: 246 Missingno!

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-12 22:59:50
Nice.

We should start a task force to disprove this myth. Anyone up for it? Let's call it… SCRAMM. The Squad Created to Review and Answer MissingNo. Myths. If enough people participate in the project, we'd probably get enough evidence to debunk the myth. I'll probably catch lots of MissingNo. this week.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-13 09:32:00
SCRAMM? That's so clever, it's funny. :D I'm perfectly willing to join this squad–that is, if you know what we're actually going to do once we're in said squad.

Date: 2006-06-13 15:24:38

SCRAMM? That's so clever, it's funny. :D I'm perfectly willing to join this squad–that is, if you know what we're actually going to do once we're in said squad.

Simple. Capture lots of MissingNos, post our game saves (.sav files) here, and effectively disprove the "zomg missingno deletez joor gaem" myth.

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-06-13 16:16:34
I'm in if thats ok

Date: 2006-06-13 16:32:30

Simple. Capture lots of MissingNos, post our game saves (.sav files) here, and effectively disprove the "zomg missingno deletez joor gaem" myth.
Well, I can't do it because I don't use emulators. (Actually, I downloaded a VBA once, but I couldn't find a Red/Blue/Yellow ROM to use. I did try your hacked ROM, though.) However, I can testify that I've had just about every known Glitch Pok?mon in existence (except Gameshark-only ones) on my Red/Blue/Yellow games, and the only time I've ever had a savefile deleted is when I saved after performing the ZZAZZ Glitch.

Date: 2006-06-13 16:34:22

Well, I can't do it because I don't use emulators. (Actually, I downloaded a VBA once, but I couldn't find a Red/Blue/Yellow ROM to use. I did try your hacked ROM, though.) However, I can testify that I've had just about every known Glitch Pok?mon in existence (except Gameshark-only ones) on my Red/Blue/Yellow games, and the only time I've ever had a savefile deleted is when I saved after performing the ZZAZZ Glitch.

Then how did you get those screenshots for the Q Trick page? :/

Date: 2006-06-13 18:26:35

Okay, you wanna know the truth? THEY'RE FORGED! :D Seriously! I made them out of sprites I got off of the Spriter's Resource and other pages to create an accurate copy of what I saw on my GBA. And no one ever knew the difference…

Date: 2006-06-13 18:36:43

Okay, you wanna know the truth? THEY'RE FORGED! :D Seriously! I made them out of sprites I got off of the Spriter's Resource and other pages to create an accurate copy of what I saw on my GBA. And no one ever knew the difference…

I don't see why you still couldn't use an emulator though.

Date: 2006-06-13 19:24:18
*cuts obnoxiously long quote chain*

Because I couldn't find an R/B/Y ROM, like I posted before.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-06-13 19:31:45
Seriously, I cannot find any ROMs either.

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2006-06-13 19:32:56
I want in SCRAMM.

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-06-13 19:50:57
I could do it … just on a (real) gameboy.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-13 19:57:34
Because I couldn't find an R/B/Y ROM, like I posted before.

You got to have Google and patience.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-06-13 20:00:43
Patience is somthing I am lacking in at the moment.  Check back next week.