Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Weird beta battle system! - Page 1

Weird beta battle system!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-08-22 13:18:14
I was messing with the safari zone style code (010259D0)
and changed 02 to 00 this turned out to be the wild pokemon style
I then changed it to 01 and it turned into the old man catching a pokeball.
I wondered what would happen if I used a value other than those I changed it to 03 and I encountered a lvl 22 doduo but when I tried to attack it the game displayed 'Hurry get away' for all options except run so I had to run, is this a beta message? Hey I've solved the mystery why the r/b/y pikachu is unique the 04 value makes you encounter the pikachu as oak. all other value do this - when you press fight nothing happens you havent even sent out a pokemon so you are fighting as ash omg if you press items the game freezes and if you press pkmn and switch the game thinks you are in a safari game and exits for having no safari balls. viewing your pokemon's status and running works normally

EDIT:This is a pokemon yellow code. I've revealed what all other values do.
The pikachu depends on 010459D0 and your OT.

Re: Weird beta battle system!

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-08-22 14:12:31
Interesting, now a BattleDex may be good for this site too.

FF makes your character battle the Pokemon, and if you click Fight, nothing happens. Clicking Item will make Oak tell you you can't use the item forever until you reset. Clicking PKMN then a different Pokemon will make the PA of Safari Zone say you are out of safari balls and take you out of the battle. (Why not have it teleport you to Glitch City?!) Running also tells you you are out of safari balls.

Date: 2006-08-22 14:33:14
New discovery, the pikachu you get at the beggining of the game is a glitch and depends on your OT.
It is called 'y pok?' and can be found with 010059DO. I don't know what hex it is, maybe it is a hybrid pikachu and h poke. Just start a new game and go to the grass with this on.

Date: 2006-08-22 14:44:56
A glitch Pokemon? I don't think so, as the Pikachu that follows you has the same byte for normal Pikachu.

Read about Pikachu in this thread: http://forums.glitchcity.ath.cx/index.php/topic,364.0.html

Date: 2006-08-22 14:51:20
Oh thanks for that, I now know that pikachu goes pikachu with the same ID and name as you, and the prof oak style makes every pokemon go pika. Value 04. Edit: The mystery is why is the pikachu's name glitched when you change the battle mode to wild pokemon.

Date: 2006-08-22 14:56:28
Do you have a code that allows you to move the pointer during the Prof. Oak Pikachu catch? Then I would be able to run away from the battle when I use Value 03 and see what happens.

Date: 2006-08-22 15:00:00
No, sorry. I think prof.oak would act like he caught it and make no difference if you did.
Value 03 is beta, Value 04 is prof.oak.

Date: 2006-08-22 15:30:20
If you use 02 and catch Pikachu, then nickname it AAAAAAAAAA (you have to, because you can't move the cursor) Prof. Oak will lead you into the building and a Pikachu will be following you into the building. Then Oak will give you another Pikachu.

Date: 2006-08-22 15:45:35
LOL… I'll try that. Another thought, what if you used these codes in a link battle?

Date: 2006-08-22 16:31:22
Interesting, I'll try that on the emulator.

Date: 2006-08-22 16:50:24
I used Safari Zone code on Player 1 and entered Colosseum.

Player 1: *Ash, appears as Missingno. on Player 2's screen* *throws rock* PA: Ding-dong! You are out of Safari Balls! *out of battle*
Player 2: *Rhydon* *still in battle* *Rhydon uses Horn Attack* Waiting…! *still waiting*
Player 1: *gets back into battle* Just a moment.
Player 2: *Missingno. uses Bubblebeam! Rhydon faints.* Bring out which Pokemon?
Player 1: Please wait!
Player 2: *sends out Missingno.* Waiting…!
And now I have to reset. I go back into the Colosseum with Player 1 still having Safari Zone code.

Player 2: *Selects Horn Attack*
Player 1: *Throws rock, then returns to battle*
Player 2: *Missingno. used Bubblebeam, then Rhydon fainted. Player 2 sends out Mew* Waiting…!
I resetted both games again. The emulator I used is TGB Duel 7.

Date: 2006-08-22 17:19:24
I wonder what prof.oak or old man would look like to player 2. It would be funny if old man appeared as missingno. Since it says items cant be used now or am I thinking about pokemon g/s/c what would happen if you used the safari ball? Would player 2 block the ball and mess up player 1 or let you catch it?

Date: 2006-08-22 17:32:58
Player 2 blocks the ball and Player 1 still exits out of the battle.

Hey, I just got an idea, what would happen if I used the infinite safari balls code and hit Player 2 with rocks? Edit: It doesn't work.

Edit 2: I tried the old man code, and Player 1 keeps trying to enter the Item menu. Player 2 uses Horn Attack and it's Waiting…! forever.

Date: 2006-08-22 17:42:01
Then maybe the item 'rock's hex will be translated from item to move which will use a move with it's hex maybe that was bubblebeam? What if you use 03 which was used before the game was released out of link battles 03 says hurry get away for every action except run

Date: 2006-08-22 17:48:46
Yes, that's correct.