Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

What causes 'M to appear on Cinnabar's East Coast? - Page 2

Re: What causes 'M to appear on Cinnabar's East Coast?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-02 20:30:48
Well, back then, when I was young, when the days of Red/Blue, and Yellow, so I was about 7 when I started the days of Pokemon and Staduim 1, came out in 2000 and I was 13 when that was around, so he taught them two such crazy moves.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-02-02 20:37:59
I've got a question of my own that's been bothering me for a while (even more so now that I have an emulator and have been using GS codes): Why exactly is it, when you fight a glitch trainer with glitch Pokemon, the glitch Pokemon are always Level 32? This has bothered me for a while now and I don't believe I've seen an explanation for why.

Date: 2009-02-02 20:39:09
I get that. One glitch I was messing with, it was level 83.

Date: 2009-02-02 20:40:15

I get that. One glitch I was messing with, it was level 83.

Level 83? Haven't seen that yet…

Date: 2009-02-02 20:42:32
When I mess about with Blue/Red, I'll get a screenshot for you. At the moment I'm creating new fan-fics, and I've got 3 on the move. But working on my new one.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-02 20:44:46
You know. I'm begining to think that Professor Oak has no Party. The reason why I say that is if you battle against Trainers other than the Specified ones then his party will be different. (levels included.) For example: On route 8 Battling the Lass closest to Lavender town will yeild a party of Pokemon in their 30's. The party includes Selfdestructors mostly Including Koffing, Voltorb, and Magnimite.

Date: 2009-02-02 20:47:09
Isn't there a Wild Prof. Oak if I recall correctly, or was I fooled?

Date: 2009-02-02 20:50:31
The truth is he may just be coded in as a Trainer to take up space. Like the Fossil and Ghost Missingnos. Also he has nothing he actually says. He uses the Text data for whatever the trainer was without the code active. As a result with the lass, if I remember correctly he'll say "Don't be mean to my pokemon." (which makes him sound like a sissy of course.)

Date: 2009-02-02 20:50:52
What? Oak, isn't a trainer. Here's the screenshot. It was of a "Ninetales", but it knows the moves of a Pidgey. So, here's the picture Thomas.:

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/TeamRocketMutouYami/PokemonRed.png[/img]

Date: 2009-02-02 20:54:47

What? Oak, isn't a trainer. Here's the screenshot. It was of a "Ninetales", but it knows the moves of a Pidgey. So, here's the picture Thomas.:

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/TeamRocketMutouYami/PokemonRed.png[/img]

Interesting, it's Level 83 and Pokemon no. 83. Haven't found anything like that yet.

Date: 2009-02-02 20:56:24
It is just an assumption but is very plausible due to how the coding is handled. And the Ghost and Fossil Missingnos back me up on this. Oak is coded as a trainer but was never actually meant to be so. The pokemaniac north of lavender is another Example. It would seem that the game pulls other Trainer's teams from the game. I'm stating this primarily because if you were to fight the Pokemaniac North of Lavender he would have a party identical to that of what Oak is supposed to have with the exception that Blastoise is replaced by a Venusaur. (It may also have something to do with Your Starter too but I haven't tested it yet.) I actually have a youtube video of this very battle I mentioned above.

Date: 2009-02-02 20:57:27
That reminds me I have the video on my Yellow's Hall of Fame, when I beat the Elite Four, with Female Symbol.

Date: 2009-02-02 20:59:12
You have a youtube account?

Date: 2009-02-02 21:00:00

You have a youtube account?

I do, I don't really use it for glitch videos though.

Date: 2009-02-02 21:00:46
Not you thomas but I'll be sure to look you up too.