Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

What causes 'M to appear on Cinnabar's East Coast? - Page 3

Re: What causes 'M to appear on Cinnabar's East Coast?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-02 21:01:26
Yeah, I do have an account. I'm just waiting for YouTube to load up my video. It might take a while, due to the fact it's a large file.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-02 21:02:17
Want to add me as a friend?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-02-02 21:03:53

It is just an assumption but is very plausible due to how the coding is handled. And the Ghost and Fossil Missingnos back me up on this. Oak is coded as a trainer but was never actually meant to be so. The pokemaniac north of lavender is another Example. It would seem that the game pulls other Trainer's teams from the game. I'm stating this primarily because if you were to fight the Pokemaniac North of Lavender he would have a party identical to that of what Oak is supposed to have with the exception that Blastoise is replaced by a Venusaur. (It may also have something to do with Your Starter too but I haven't tested it yet.) I actually have a youtube video of this very battle I mentioned above.

Oak was coded as a trainer because he was MENT to be the person after GARY in the E4.  his party consists of some pokemon a Tauros and the leftover starter from the beginning of the game. (Hence why he had Blastoice instead of Venasaur when you battled him.)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-02-02 21:04:29
This is off topic and this question is already answered. *locks*