Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

R/B/Y HoF - Page 5

Re: R/B/Y HoF

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-02-18 06:35:39
Well, on my old cartidge, Red, I believe it was, I checked my HoF, and there, was looking at me, was a blackish, screen, with red, in the center. When I checked, the Glitchdex, around this time, to see what I can research on, and I checked for Yellow, and I believe it was Female Symbol, in my HoF. This was, 5 years ago. I'm tempted to have a full glitch party, on my VBA, and go boot out, the Elite Four, and see what'll happen, when my glitch army, enters, the HoF. I'll get pictures, for a few laughs. I've seen a pretty weird freaky, things in my Yellow HoF, once after I messed with my brothers, GS, to get a Mew, but I had something else, instead, so I freaked out, and turned off my game, then I checked my HoF, and it was badly screwed. I don't remember, what was in it, but really spooked me. Also, on my Yellow VBA, I still have that ZZAZZ, effect, going on where I'm in this battle, with this glitch trainer, to see if he's a Death Trainer, but haven't looked, yet. Back on my old Red, I checked my HoF, it had changed, and once before I was watching my brother, who going for MissingNo. catching it, and so on, and he checked his HoF, he had this, weird glitch, in his HoF, I don't remember the cry, but it looked like this:[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/scrambledbulba.gif[/img]

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-02-18 14:01:54

Well, on my old cartidge, Red, I believe it was, I checked my HoF, and there, was looking at me, was a blackish, screen, with red, in the center. When I checked, the Glitchdex, around this time, to see what I can research on, and I checked for Yellow, and I believe it was Female Symbol, in my HoF. This was, 5 years ago. I'm tempted to have a full glitch party, on my VBA, and go boot out, the Elite Four, and see what'll happen, when my glitch army, enters, the HoF. I'll get pictures, for a few laughs. I've seen a pretty weird freaky, things in my Yellow HoF, once after I messed with my brothers, GS, to get a Mew, but I had something else, instead, so I freaked out, and turned off my game, then I checked my HoF, and it was badly screwed. I don't remember, what was in it, but really spooked me. Also, on my Yellow VBA, I still have that ZZAZZ, effect, going on where I'm in this battle, with this glitch trainer, to see if he's a Death Trainer, but haven't looked, yet. Back on my old Red, I checked my HoF, it had changed, and once before I was watching my brother, who going for MissingNo. catching it, and so on, and he checked his HoF, he had this, weird glitch, in his HoF, I don't remember the cry, but it looked like this:[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/scrambledbulba.gif[/img]

Ah! That image! I remember that one! It's also a real glitch Pokemon obtainable by Gameshark, called PKMN PKMN.

Last time I checked, I found a couple blank Pokemon, a Pokemon with a distorted Hypno cry, a Pokemon with a mixture of a cry I've never heard before and Mewtwo's cry, a Pokemon with Type 1 as Type 2, a Pokemon with a cry that is the sound you hear when you open the menu, a Pokemon with the cry of a Prof. Oak good Pokedex rating, and a couple Pokemon called "Missingno." who looked like blocks.

I also found my trainer in the Hof! As well as a couple Pokemon called "Albertjoinrocket" (Albert was my rival's name).

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-02-18 16:26:21
We didn't have a Gameshark, back then.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-19 11:56:39
PEOPLE! (or whatever species you are XD) post pictures to! I can't yet because of my lack of windows (which I will get soon as I said before)

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-02-25 18:09:28

Yeah, I've gotten that Pokemon a lot in my HoF. I think it often screws up the music when it appears on mine. I've also gotten lots of bird/normal types with no picture, which I suspect are MissingNos.

I once got a cry that was a mix of a warped Psyduck, a slowed-down Spearow/Fearow, and a bunch of random stuff in-between. It was pretty freaky.

Posted by: rinlingyo
Date: 2008-03-02 15:50:48
Hola.  I love my glitched HOF because it's so funny, much better than the normal HOF.  I'm wondering…is the HOF really random, or does it have to do with elements such as you and your rival's names, the normal pokemon that the glitched pokemon replaced, etc? Has anyone ever studied that?

Date: 2008-03-02 15:52:40
Hola. I am going to present my glitched HOF data like a story, in a joking manner.  If something doesn't make sense and you would like me to seriously report my glitched HOF data, feel free to ask me.

SO I WAS looking through my wonderful, spectacular Pokemon League, only to discover that my once prized pokemon have been replaced with strangers!! No longer is my powerful Blastoise, my Dewgong named Luke, nor my Dragonair (who never seems to want to evolve into a bleeping Dragonite!) presented in the Hall of Fame.  Well, not for the most part, anyway.
The original team of the six Hall of Famers have been replaced with odd pokemon.  The first of which is a Magnamite.  He has no name.  I feel sorry for him.  He is level 106, though.  I wish I had a level 106 pokemon.  C'mon, Blastoise, won't you grow an extra 20 levels for me?  …Please?
Well, this stupid Magnamite decides to change my Pokemon Center music.  Hey, Mr. No Name, I may not be your trainer, but I didn't ask you to change my music! *sighs*
Following Mr. No Name was an Onix.  His name was [][].  Very awesome name.  His level is 148. *whistles*  His first Type is Rock and his second Type is [] Ground.  At least, I think that's his second Type…
The next pokemon made my jaw drop.  It's an invisible Hypno!  *gasps*  His first Type is Pokemaniac.  Is this a crazy Hypno, by chance?  And his second Type is 99[][][]9[][][]9III99'.  *Begins to cry* But Mommy, I wanna Hypno whose type is 99[][][]9[][][]9III99'!
My supposed third pokemon that beat the Elite Four is an Eggxecute, who goes by the name of []9[]3[][][]"[][].  Excuse me, but I would like to take this Pokemon to the Name Rater so I can call her Tina.  She is level 195.  Hey, Blastoise, are you still leveling up like I told you to?
Next is, *gasp* another invisible pokemon!  ……or maybe the pokemon itself is air.  Or maybe she flew away before I could see her. Her Types are Normal and Bird.  Type Bird?….could this be a Missingno? Sweet! Hi, Missingno!!
And last, but certainly not the least of the Hall of Fame #1 pokemon, is a Pontya named 9Q[]j.  She is level 45.  Heck, maybe she is the least.
Going on to the Pokemon Hall of Famers #2, I see *drum roll, please* a Mew!  After his statement of being in Hall of Fame 2, I see he also belongs to "CC" and "g".  My suppose these are honorable clubs within the pokemon community. No matter, he is still level 11.  My Blastoise can kill you! (Still working on it, Blastoise?)
Looky here, I have a Butterfree named [],ROCKET[]N, a Gyrados named [],e[E][], and…hey….is someone evolving?  The music sure sounds like it!  Ignoring such an oddity, I move on to an invisible pokemon whose first Type is Normal and second Type is Normal.  How normal can you be! I also have a level 149 Eggxecutor.  Which pawns.  And this other invisible pokemon belongs to the "RED" club.  Ah, my nemisis is Red!  And….somebody changed the music again!  That Magnamite needs to be sent to the naughty mat!
After various strange creatures and pokemon and what-not, I come across a Tentacruel with no cry.  Perhaps she is mute.  I feel sorry for mute pokemon.  I didn't feel sorry for long when she changed my music to some cartoony sounding music that I would hear after Daffy Duck did something stupid.  She's making fun of me!  I don't like you, Ms. []I[][][][]T[][][]h!!!  I don't like you at all!!
Well, that's about all I feel like getting to.  Except I'll tell ya two more.  I found a Venasaur (which I have never owned) who belongs to the BLUE club.  Yea!  My name is BLUE! Yea! And, lo and behold, an upside-down Missingno.  She is Type Water and Type Physic.
Well, this has been just weird.  By the time I get to Hall of Fame #9, all is back to normal.  I see my Dragonair again, my Dewgong again, and my Blastoise….hey, you're still level 86!  What have you been doing all this time?!  Go to the naughty mat!!
THE END

Date: 2008-03-02 17:52:51
Well that's a lovely story but do you have any pictures of any glitched HoF's of yours?

Date: 2008-03-03 05:45:38

Well that's a lovely story but do you have any pictures of any glitched HoF's of yours?

I would love to but I don't know how to connect my Game Boy Advance to my computer to upload such pictures.

Date: 2008-03-03 06:18:52
Oh, you don't connect your gameboy, you find what is called an emulator online and download it. You then find and download a red or blue rom. I'm sure someone could send you a link to a place to download them both, I thought the same thing you did during my first few days here.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2008-04-21 05:55:20
Now that is very interesting! Think you can provide us with your saved game, so I can check it out?

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2008-04-21 12:35:51
I Just thought, I did the MissingNo. glitch loads of times and saved after I let MisingNo. go or  evolved 'm and then I did the Pokemon league. It was only when I did the glitch after I completed the league before it messed up. so If you used a MissingNo. or 'm in the league at the end when you see your HoF there and then would you see a glitched up version?
:???: :???: :???:

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-05-07 23:54:11
Please no triple post.

Thank You.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-05-08 11:41:13
Use the edit button.

Posted by: BLMNDEF