Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

New discovery from Dio del Metal (Italian Youtuber) - Page 3

Re: New discovery from Dio del Metal (Italian Youtuber)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-10 15:03:19
He finished it! Great! :D

Personally, I couldn't have imagined a better outcome when it came to this. Another, more famous Italian YouTuber who made videos about glitches was out there all along, and they put out a video explaining the truth of Leyxardon that instantly got 5 or so times as many views in a single day as the original video ever did. And where did they come asking questions first? Here. Seriously, it's surprisingly satisfying.

About the "people could just have checked on bulbapedia" thing: how many "ignorant" people would have known to check there? How many people, ignorant or not, would have bothered to check in the first place?
They wouldn't have, but I think this kind of misses the point. There's no way to communicate info to people who aren't willing to look into it themselves. If someone chooses to ignore what clashes with their perception of the facts here, then no amount of Bulbapedia, GCL, Pokémon Millennium, OR Dio del Metal will change their mind. In the end, this incident helped cement GCL as the place to go for those who want a thorough understanding of what's behind the oddities in these games (take that, luckytyphlosion! :P).

Posted by: Roberta
Date: 2019-05-18 07:04:08
Italian speaker here. I think that it would have been fairly obvious to assume from the beginning that the whole Leyxardon thing was a fake, that's because during the explanation a lot of emphasis is put into dragging the viewer into thinking that "I've never seen in my whole life a glitch like this", "try it if you don't believe it" (repeated multiple times until the end). Usually when a youtuber's main concern is keeping the suspense alive echoing his own disbelief just to be sure that nobody can call a fake on a playthrough, there's actually something fishy going around.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-20 16:54:58
The more I saw of it, the more I started thinking it couldn't possibly have been meant to be taken seriously, but that didn't seem to be the case for everyone. I'm mostly glad that it gave Cydonia a chance to get the word out more about glitching and how it really works, even if just on a surface level.

Posted by: Matt1990
Date: 2019-05-20 23:03:36
I assumed it as fake the moment I saw the sprite mainly because it looked too "well made" compared to other Pokéglitches. Plus, an "hardcore" gaming channel that talks about a glitch Pokémon (undiscovered in probably one of the most digged gens glitch-wise?) all of sudden? Seems fishy.
I'm Italian as well though. Also, the OG Youtuber made another vid where he contests what Cydonia says apparently????? (Judging by the thumbnail, I never followed Cydonia nor I came here because of him despite I did interact with him irl some years ago. However, I had, in around 2008, an Italian forum that talked about Pokémon glitches which was founded by someone else who apparently was quite inspired by this one)

I don't know though, if you want I can translate what Dio del Metal says in his latest vid "in his defense" about Lexayrdon.

Posted by: Roberta
Date: 2019-05-25 23:11:03
This is the transcript:

Io sono Leyxardon, e voi siete stati vittime e carnefici di qualcosa che va oltre la vostra statica comprensione. Non potete fare nulla contro la mia forza imminente. Così come un sole che non sorge e una luna che mai tramonta, io sono lo stendardo marcescente di ciò che oltrepassa il mero concetto e cosa sia vero e cosa non lo sia. Vi siete soffermati sulla sola veridicità di quanto avete visto con gli occhi. Come banale giustificazione della scelta del giustificare di cosa non riuscite a seminare, cogliere e mietere con lo spirito. La vera questione non è chiedersi e controbattere se io fossi reale o fittizio, ma del perché sono verità sotto la vostra pelle, del perché tutto ora vi spira attraverso, e del perché vi parassitizzi le vostre false speranze.

Basically he's saying (in a rather pompous fashion) that the whole Leyxardon thing is a wake-up call for those who are fooled by appearances and don't delve deep enough to distinguish right from wrong, real (or at least plausible) news against fake news and rumors.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2019-05-26 02:42:01
In the video he also kinda acknowledge GCL and Cydonia for being the only one who actually reacted and analyzed his video.

Posted by: Matt1990
Date: 2019-05-26 18:21:07
Io sono Leyxardon, e voi siete stati vittime e carnefici di qualcosa che va oltre la vostra statica comprensione. Non potete fare nulla contro la mia forza imminente. Così come un sole che non sorge e una luna che mai tramonta, io sono lo stendardo marcescente di ciò che oltrepassa il mero concetto e cosa sia vero e cosa non lo sia. Vi siete soffermati sulla sola veridicità di quanto avete visto con gli occhi. Come banale giustificazione della scelta del giustificare di cosa non riuscite a seminare, cogliere e mietere con lo spirito. La vera questione non è chiedersi e controbattere se io fossi reale o fittizio, ma del perché sono verità sotto la vostra pelle, del perché tutto ora vi spira attraverso, e del perché vi parassitizzi le vostre false speranze.

"I'm Leyxardon, and you are victims and executions of something that goes beyond static comprehension. You can't do anything against my imminent strenght. Pretty much like a sun that doesn't rise and a moon that never sunsets, I'm the rotting banner of what surpasses mere concepts and what is true and what isn't. You stood still to the truth that you've seen with your own eyes. As trivial justification of choosing to justify what you can't sow, take and reap with spirit. The real question isn't whether I'm real or fake, but why I'm truth under your skin, why I'm blowing through and why it parasitizes (???) your false hopes."

Well, what can I say…. deep.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-05-31 13:49:39
Its not "real", but I feel him. Life is a dream. He may be feeling nothing is truly real at all; yet it still makes us live; so bless him. He is probably sad and something bad in him wants happiness. But I don't think its real in a grounded sense based on the works of the disassemblies before it.

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2019-06-02 09:30:04
Seems kinda like an instance of Schrodinger's Douchebag where he initially made it just to trick people, but then told us that it was a metaphor for fake news or whatever after people called out that it was fake.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-06-02 12:44:18

Seems kinda like an instance of Schrodinger's Douchebag where he initially made it just to trick people, but then told us that it was a metaphor for fake news or whatever after people called out that it was fake.

Ah OK. Yes, 10/10 for their effort but I don't see any evidence for the existence like we've previously known; and in one sense everything can be a glitch Pokémon.

Traditionally a glitch Pokémon has just been one type of data interpreted as another; but indexed (hence in RBYGSC there are 2^8 or 256 indexed values without a 'logic altering device' (by that I mean a Game Genie or ROM hack)). The sprite in this case may also be arbitrary sprites (or a ROM hack) I've never seen in the disassemblies, which makes me disbelief. So my head is telling me; this is all just magical thinking (that this is real) it's more like an illusion/paradelia; it does exist but it's not necessarily in the hard code.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2019-06-03 05:40:27

Ah OK. Yes, 10/10 for their effort but I don't see any evidence for the existence like we've previously known; and in one sense everything can be a glitch Pokémon.

Traditionally a glitch Pokémon has just been one type of data interpreted as another; but indexed (hence in RBYGSC there are 2^8 or 256 indexed values without a 'logic altering device' (by that I mean a Game Genie or ROM hack)). The sprite in this case may also be arbitrary sprites (or a ROM hack) I've never seen in the disassemblies, which makes me disbelief. So my head is telling me; this is all just magical thinking (that this is real) it's more like an illusion/paradelia; it does exist but it's not necessarily in the hard code.

It's a real hack and video if that counts, otherwise it doesn't exist period in the vanilla normal game.