Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Johto Guard Glitch? - Page 1

Johto Guard Glitch?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-08-02 22:14:36
http://trsrockin.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=620

Looks promising. pokeglitch86 researched this for some time. Perhaps we should take a look at it?

Re: Johto Guard Glitch?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-08-03 14:50:48
hmmm… nah. too difficult to do anyway. forget it.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-08-17 15:36:03
No don't do it..
Seems..so..made-up but possible.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-08-17 15:47:34
I'm going to post this here since I can't post there as I'm not in TRsRockin:

To do the glitch without a cheat device, edit the RAM to get a ?????. I can do this.

Date: 2006-09-03 23:41:55
UPDATE

rby4ever has begun testing with variants of ?????. He reports that variant FE (#254) worked in bypassing the Time Capsule guard mechanism that locks out Johto pokemon. Read it here for more details:
http://trsrockin.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=50291#50291

To do the glitch without a cheat device, edit the RAM to get a ?????. I can do this.

Emulators are one thing, but how'd you do that if you're using a regular old Gameboy? Not everyone knows what RAM is. -.-

Date: 2006-09-04 12:31:54

UPDATE

rby4ever has begun testing with variants of ?????. He reports that variant FE (#254) worked in bypassing the Time Capsule guard mechanism that locks out Johto pokemon. Read it here for more details:

Wow, if we can find out how to send FE ? ? ? ? ? into GSC without a cheating device, that means it'll be easier to get other glitch Pokemon.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-09-04 17:35:50
It says FE cloaks pokemon below it in depositing, and trading.

My FF hides the moves the pokemon below it knows on the map so when i press the water it doesn't say do you want to surf?

So FE must hide the johto pokemon so to do this have FE in your party first place and any johto pokemon pokemon below it.

I would try to do this with FE first place for the safest bet.
If that works or didn't ill test FF after.

Date: 2006-09-17 14:23:33
I always thought it made more sense for FF to hide the pokemon under it, as Q/Charizard 'M does the same in R/B/Y, plus FF is usually used as the end-of-list marker.

Date: 2006-09-17 14:37:56
*tries hacking more pokemon in my party with Gameshark*

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-09-25 13:06:27

*tries hacking more pokemon in my party with Gameshark*

I've done that before but i didn't have a link cable then. And i deleted that save.
Make sure you have no pokemon then use the pokemon in party code and put value 01.
you will get a female FF ??? called ? with 0/0 hp and 0 everything stats the ID is ? lol.
Use a rare candy to give it reasonable hp and stuff so the game doesn't crash. Oh and I don't have an FF i got mixed up I have an FE instead. It still hides some stuff though..
Oh wait a second maybe FE and FF are allowed through with Johto pokemon. It's just because my FE had heal bell.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-27 12:48:31
Has anyone successfully done it yet?
I haven't tried but it sounds good!

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-06-03 11:05:09
I am going to try this.
Heres my plan,
-Get a new Crystal Version or maybe Gold. {Because I traded in gold version and FR}
-Make sure Crystal is compatible with GS.
-Get to work! :D and try some of the celebi glitch/johto gaurd stuff :)

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-06-11 22:12:35

UPDATE

Emulators are one thing, but how'd you do that if you're using a regular old Gameboy? Not everyone knows what RAM is. -.-

I thought it only worked with ????? 255.
Hooray!We can use this glitch in tandem with the G/S Celebi Trick to get glitches normally unable to obtain without Gameharks!w00t!

Date: 2007-06-15 17:56:11
The results are in.

Good news: The glitch works. I was able to send a Stantler to Red version.
Bad news: All Johto Pokemon, it seems, are translated into 'M.

Posted by: Paco81
Date: 2007-06-16 05:01:10
Bad news: All Johto Pokemon, it seems, are translated into 'M.

It is truth, but if in RBY, we deposited to ?M (Johto pokemon) in the Daycare, when retiring it, ?M will be transformed in a glitch pokemon or in another pokemon.