Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Johto Guard Glitch? - Page 2

Re: Johto Guard Glitch?

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-16 05:27:13
Hey Paco81,I've seen your celebi trick wich is outstanding,but since you seem to know that putting it in the daycare then retiring will change it,I assume you have done this before,right?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-16 08:45:10

Bad news: All Johto Pokemon, it seems, are translated into 'M.

It is truth, but if in RBY, we deposited to ?M (Johto pokemon) in the Daycare, when retiring it, ?M will be transformed in a glitch pokemon or in another pokemon.

Well then, I'll have to try that.

Date: 2007-06-16 09:25:57
It appears to be true - I got my Stantler ('M) to the Daycare, and immediately withdrew it. The daycare guy charged $9999 for it, oddly enough. When I got my Stantler back, I noticed that it had turned to MissingNo. (Which, BTW, isn't the same thing as 'M).

I guess I'll have to try this repeatedly with different Pokemon to see what happens.

Posted by: Paco81
Date: 2007-06-19 01:33:53
Hey Paco81,I've seen your celebi trick wich is outstanding,but since you seem to know that putting it in the daycare then retiring will change it,I assume you have done this before,right?

Yes, but this glitch is very confused, some times a same pokemon, could be turned into another different pokemon when trading it to RBY.

When we trade a Johto pokemon to RBY, the game mix the Johto pokemon with ?M sprite (only if the Johto pokemon is down that FF), if first we trade the FF to RBY, then in the trade screen, the game show the Johto pokemon as other pokemon in time of ?M.   

In RBY and GSC, when a pokemon is mixed with another pokemon, if we put it in the Daycare, when retiring it, the pokemon return to the normality.

It appears to be true - I got my Stantler ('M) to the Daycare, and immediately withdrew it. The daycare guy charged $9999 for it, oddly enough. When I got my Stantler back, I noticed that it had turned to MissingNo. (Which, BTW, isn't the same thing as 'M).

I guess I'll have to try this repeatedly with different Pokemon to see what happens.

Stantler, not always will be turned into Missingno when trading it to RBY, if you trade another Stantler of same or different level, perhaps in that occasion, Stantler will could be turned into another different pokemon, this a little complicated to study.

You tried this in emulator or in GameBoy?

Date: 2007-06-20 20:05:09
I tried it in the emulator.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-07-10 07:42:35
Sorry to ask something which answer is maybe already written, but I read some topics speaking of this glitch, people who have sent G/S/C pokemons to R/B/Y and I STILL understand Nothing.

My questions are :
1/ How to do this ?
2/ Is a Cheating Device needed ?
3/ Can we use it to have one of those glitch "?????"
4/ If Yes, then can we use them to have any pok?mon on G/S ?
5/ Anyway, what the Bad Clone Trick/Johto Guard Glitch tandem can do ?

Sorry for that, but I have to understand. Thanks to the one who'll answer me.

Posted by: Pokeglitch86
Date: 2007-07-10 14:23:57
Ok since I am the discoverer of this glitch let me get everything clear. First of all it works. Second of all for your pokemon not to be a m' you must uncloak them once you get into the trading center and third I've changed the name to "Johto Cloaking Glitch" It makes more sense and it has a nice sound to it. I'm very close to getting the FF ????? (the one that I know has cloaking ability) with the bad clone glitch. Right now I got an alakazam that has an attack with the G/S/C equivelent of tm55 (which hex is FF) I got a clone but I'm still trying to get it to work and I didn't use any cheating devices to get the alakazam with that attack.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-10 14:44:15
The  Togepi looks like a little Chao from Sonic!

Date: 2007-07-11 04:28:52
Pokeglitch86

Well since I'm not English, I'm french, when I first saw this post on TR's Rockin, I did understand nothing and it still continue.

Could you answer my questions ? You said it works, but what ?

Date: 2007-07-11 12:09:09
Question 1:To do this just put ????? at the top of your party. At that point you can go into the time capsule with your johto pokemon. Once there move your ????? from top to bottom. Then you can trade your johto pokemon to r/b/y to get like all the glitches.

Question 2: You should be able to get ????? through use of the ditto glitch, Q glitch, Duplicate items trick, and the bad clone trick. I've gotten up to the point of the bad clone glitch at which point I can't get it to work.

Question 3: ????? is needed to do this glitch not the other way around.

Question 4: Any pokemon on r/b/y

Question 5:The ditto glitch, Q glitch, Duplicate items trick, the bad clone trick, and the Johto cloaking/guard glitch open up for the most part all of r/b/y and g/s/c without use of any cheat devices. Let me explain the importance of the glithes.

Ditto glitch- Allowes you to get the glitch pokemon with the move tm55 and charizard m'/Q.
Duplicate items trick- Allows you to get enough rare candies to train u [aka glitch symbols] to lvl 62 to learn TM55.
Q glitch- Allows you to copy TM55 to a regular pokemon to trade to crystal.
Bad clone glitch-Should allow you to get ?????.
Johto guard glitch- Allows you to get ALL the glitches on r/b/y

Those are probaly the 5 biggest glitches in g/s/c/r/b/y if not all the pokemon games.

Date: 2007-07-11 16:22:30
Okay, I think I got it. But, if you wanna transfer someone with TM55 in crystal, it's because it is the only move to allow you to get the #254 "?????" absolutely necessary for this trick ?

Well, that's unfortunate that, in France, we still can't use Q Trick, cause this freakin' 4 4 Hy doesn't want to evolve…

So we can't do all this… Now then, can't we transfer "u" directly to crystal ? (Er… no, it won't work)

Can't we do the Q trick with another glitch ? directly 4 4 Hy maybe ?

That's absolutely not fair.

Date: 2007-07-11 16:32:11
Tried moving the pokemon up while in the trading room. Still didn't work - it was still a freaking Missingno. :-/

Date: 2007-07-11 16:40:00
Well, at least, you can do the trick  ::)

Date: 2007-07-11 18:39:57
Yeah I just noticed something. Kinda bad kinda good. I've traded both pichu and a togepi to my red before and got a glitch pokemon ,but not a missingno like the hex list implies it should be. It means it doesn't turn into the pokemon of corresponding hex ,but instead a random pokemon. Although we could discover a pattern. That was the bad news. Good news is that your pokemon turning into missingnos doesn't show that the glitch is useless. Let's hope there's a pattern to it. Either way this should still result in glitch pokemon not previously accessable.

Date: 2007-07-11 21:05:05
Would it be the same one each time? I mean, if I got Togepi right now and traded it to Gold would I get the same result you did?