Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Decamark Researcher Signup Thread - Page 1

Decamark Researcher Signup Thread

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-04-19 00:27:55
Due to Melchior X being worked on recently by just me and Newo, I've decided to "recruit" people who would like to help.  Two people can't do 195444 decamark hexes alone.

Since I think this will attract a lot of members to become decamark researchers, I'm splitting this group up into Decamark Researcher and Decamark Researcher +.  Current Decamark Researchers will be transitioned into the Decamark Researcher + group.  To become Decamark Researcher, just simply post data of 1 or more Decamarks you've found into the main thread.  Decamark Researcher + will be rewarded at 50.

Decamark Researcher +s have more than Decamark Researcher than just the +.

To research decamarks you of course need the GS codes from the main thread.  You also need a R/S/E/Fr/Lg ROM (preferibly a good dump or somewhere along those lines (hint: google it)), VBA 1.8.0 Beta 3, the program in Newo's sig to get base stats (Extended Hacker), and this template.:

[attachment=]
[b]Hex:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Pokedex No.[/b]
[b]Encounter Level:[/b]
[b]Held item:[/b]

[u]Base Stats[/u]
[b]HP:[/b]  [b]Attack:[/b]  [b]Defence:[/b]  [b]Speed:[/b]  [b]Special Attack:[/b]  [b]Special Defence:[/b]

[u]Starting Moves[/u]
[list]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[i]Freezing Stats:[/i]
[i]Notes:[/i]

Between data post a [hr] to make the divide line between data.

The notes is only for adding additional relavent information about the glitch.  Use the screen capture option to take the screen shot of the glitch's stats screen and attach it to the post.  To get a clear picture of the glitch, view the stats of a normal pokemon and go to its second page of information.  Once on the second page, hit down or up depending on where the decamark's location in your party is.  Hit right to record and view the pokemon's moves (if blank say stuggle) then hit left twice to view freezing stats and etc.  This is the screen where you capture the decamark image.

Any additional questions go here.  I'll answer one question right now that somebody might ask.  You need to add the master code into the encounter code or the code won't work.

Re: Decamark Researcher Signup Thread

Posted by: Absol lover
Date: 2008-04-19 15:01:59
I've tried that, but still, the codes just freeze the battle. Is there a specific place to use the codes?

Date: 2008-04-19 15:09:04
If the code freezes the battle, use a different hex.  Some hexes freeze the game before battle.  If it does, just use a different one.

Date: 2008-04-19 15:12:34
OK, I switched to a different HEX but now all I'm getting is the normal Pokemon that appear in the areas with no ability and 65000 speed stat.(cool, but not what I was after)

Date: 2008-04-19 15:41:53
Try hex 0204

Date: 2008-04-19 16:13:56
I tried that but all I got was my Rayquaza turning into one of these…

Date: 2008-04-19 16:50:36
You have VBA 1.7.2 you need VBA 1.8.0 Beta 3.

Google VBA and go download VBA 1.8.0 Beta 3.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-04-20 15:53:17
There was a massive change in the coding system seeming between those two versions.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-04-20 15:58:50
This looks like fun. Finally I can do some research on the 3rd Gen, Glitches. Now that I have version, Beta 3, wonder now the code I got from my friend will effect the game.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-04-20 18:01:33
Hmm… I caught this one through using a hacked version of Pokemon ruby called Pokemon Orange.
Data I have:
HEX:0204
name: Rock throw
Held item: ??????????
Starting moves: Thunderpunch
learned moves:helping hand lv.2, then learns Will-o-wisp,and Spit up, karate chop is learned at lv.5, Bind lv7, whirlwind lv 8, double kick lv. 9, brick break lv 10, somehow skips to lv. 42, then to 100.
*ARGH! Everytime I try To get a record of it's learned moves, and restart, it gets slightly different random moves (at least those with levels next to them)*
Ability: Drizzle
Types: Glitch type that looks like1/2 normal, 1/2 fight, glitched type normal.
FREEZES GAME when page 1 of status screen is shown.

…I was raising it's level with rare candys and canceling it's learning of moves, by the way…

I also got rid of it's hold item.

Date: 2008-04-20 22:19:03
Try redoing the decamark by following the template in the first post.

Don't record all moves, only the ones it knows when caught.  Also, take only ONE picture for each decamark. (the first page of the stats screen) For Freezing Stats, do yes or no then if no, give a description of what crashed the game (ability, name, or type. Not moves.)  Do not record ability, most decamarks have varing abilities.  Just fill in what's in the template.  Also, don't use hacks as hacks may change the way some decamarks act.  Also be sure to use the program in Newo's sig to get base stats.

Another thing, start from the hex after the one in the main thread and post the decamark in that thread.  Use my last post in that thread as an example.  Also, "the ?????????? item" is called ???????? or octomark or whatever.

Once you do that, I'll make you a decamark researcher.

Date: 2008-04-21 04:41:20
thanks! I'll do that!

Date: 2008-04-22 15:26:57
Hmm, I've not found anything yet, but the code I got from my friend, I tried it but I got no weird effects, like I did during Emerald, on 1.8.0 Beta 2. So, I'm gonna try with Ruby, see what I can find. Also, the thing I downloaded from Newo's sig, how do I use it exactly?

Date: 2008-04-22 15:36:46
Open it up, and go file, load ROM and select a ROM. Simple as that.

Date: 2008-04-22 15:38:31
It's what I've been doing since I've had it. I thought it'll load up the game, and I'd get these Decmarks, or something.