Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Decamark Researcher Signup Thread - Page 5

Re: Decamark Researcher Signup Thread

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-20 15:33:19
Why is nearly every forum/wiki apostrophe racist? :\

Edit: I've found a way around it, message GARYM9 instead of GARY 'M 9 and it'll send the message to me without any problems

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-20 17:33:56

Yes, except when extended hacker does work, edit all stats of your posts.

*Promotes*

I believe the error is caused by the Visual Basic runtime in Vista having a lack of legacy support (Look, I did something)

I'll look into it….probably
I would have PM'd you but your name screws the system seemingly. Plus it is actually more relevant to AngrySmurf

Is there anything I can do to bypass the problem, or do you (Newo) actually have to mess with the program yourself?

Date: 2009-10-20 17:48:55
There is a way you can get it to run, but it gets a bit complicated.

Follow this: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/comdlg32.htm

and then since you're running vista, READ THE ITALICIZED TEXT/LINK IN THE TEXT first.

Date: 2009-10-21 06:12:59
Alright, I have the program up and running, but now I have a stupid question: How do I use it? Right now all I can do is stare at it; I can't type or move in any of the sections. Are you suppossed to type, or is there another method you need to use to get the base stats?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-21 15:13:49

Alright, I have the program up and running, but now I have a stupid question: How do I use it? Right now all I can do is stare at it; I can't type or move in any of the sections. Are you suppossed to type, or is there another method you need to use to get the base stats?

Well, firstly it helps to go File–>Load ROM–>select the ROM (In your case, Pokemon Fire Red), then scroll down the list of Pokemon names until you find numbers, select the numbers that correspond with the HEX values of the glitch you're doing, and then look at the base stats and take note of them.

EDIT: Damn keyboard.

Date: 2009-10-21 16:02:18
Yes, load the ROM then SCROLL (emphasis on scroll as quick jumps may crash) to your hex. (It'd be best to have a scroll wheel mouse, but the down button on your keyboard's okay too.)

Base Stats will popup in the text fields beside stat labels.  Get the numbers from there and move them over to your data to post.

Also, NEVER HIT SAVE ROM!

Date: 2009-10-22 05:53:59
[img]http://apublicdefender.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/facepalm.jpg[/img]

Yes, that's directed at me. I never noticed the 'File' button up in the corner until now. Boy, am I dumb.

Anyways, I'll start editing my old posts right now.

EDIT: From approximately Hex 0250 on, the base stats are 0 for everything. Is this normal?

Date: 2009-10-22 17:34:45
Yes, you should see something like 0 0 0 0 0 3 etc. every once in a while.

Date: 2009-10-22 17:54:37
Thanks, I was afraid the program wasn't working.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-04 23:41:55
I'm working on getting those that crash in-battle… well… not to crash in-battle. So there's a lot there that'll open up when that's done.

Edited out part of the message that some may find offensive - Torchickens

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-12 15:21:33
I would start researching some Decamarks but there's one problem. Newo's page 404'd, so I can't get any tools to check the base stats with, can anyone re-upload the Extended Hacker please?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-10-12 15:59:34
Wack0 released a better tool called Generation III Extended Hacking Suite. The thread about it with the download links can be found here (note: currently the link to the Python version is the link to the Win32 version and vice versa). I have also mirrored them here in case the links go down, and this bypasses a Chrome notice that the file is malicious for some reason.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-13 07:04:40
Oh thanks! I will start researching today tomorrow.
Sorry, I had guests so, I didn't have much time.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-10-14 15:03:20

Chrome notice that the file is malicious for some reason.

Chrome's malicious notice depends on one thing: How many times have Chrome users downloaded this? If the number's not high enough within 30 days or so of the first download, it's seen as potentially malicious and Chrome freaks out.

Hope that helps :P

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-01 03:07:05
Un-stickying this.