Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

"Void Knowledge Archive, by the members of HallofOrigin" - Page 2

Re: "Void Knowledge Archive, by the members of HallofOrigin"

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-02-15 07:59:00

Most of the threads are probably pointless forum game threads that can be discarded but some things like the Pomeg Glitch thread and maybe a few VE threads could be interesting if you can find them among everything else.

http://puu.sh/fWoMV/719857a701.sql

Let me know when you've both got it so I can delete it from my puush.  It's pretty big (almost 100MB).

I grabbed it to my gbit dedi so can reupload elsewhere if needed.

Be sure to not keep the link public since it has personal stuff like emails and PMs (?).

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2015-02-15 17:20:48

Most of the threads are probably pointless forum game threads that can be discarded but some things like the Pomeg Glitch thread and maybe a few VE threads could be interesting if you can find them among everything else.

http://puu.sh/fWoMV/719857a701.sql

Let me know when you've both got it so I can delete it from my puush.  It's pretty big (almost 100MB).

I grabbed it to my gbit dedi so can reupload elsewhere if needed.

Be sure to not keep the link public since it has personal stuff like emails and PMs (?).

Those don't get encrypted? lmao

I've deleted it from my puush now, Torchickens if you want it you can ask me on skype and I'll make you a private link or alternatively you can ask Wack0 (thanks for that offer Wack0!)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-02-15 17:44:16
I have it already downloaded, but thanks blaphy and thanks Wack0 too.

It really puts me off I now have access to confidential information though. I am really against that idea, yet I still want access to the public posts so I may delete the private stuff and keep only the thread posts (and other public parts of the site if any). If I do this, after I have done that, I will send the dump back.

I will not share any of the PMs unless someone PMs me here that I have permission to share some of their information and that information is relevant to how a glitch works.

I will think of grabbing information from the Pomeg glitch thread/Tweaking information though and putting it in two threads "Old Hall of Origin Pomeg glitch data" "Old Hall of Origin Tweaking data".

To clean up the dump I may go through it with Notepad++ and do some text replace operations, like where it says \r\n\r\n, actually make a new line.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2015-02-15 17:56:32

It really puts me off I now have access to confidential information though. I am really against that idea, yet I still want access to the public posts so I may delete the private stuff and keep only the thread posts (and other public parts of the site if any). If I do this, after I have done that, I will send the dump back.

I will not share any of the PMs unless someone PMs me here that I have permission and that information is relevant to how a glitch works.

I feel the same way, it's a tad unnerving. I've been scrolling and passwords seem to be hashed but it still doesn't feel comfortable having this information at hand.

I will think of grabbing information from the Pomeg glitch thread/Tweaking information though and putting it in two threads "Old Hall of Origin Pomeg glitch data" "Old Hall of Origin Tweaking data".

To clean up the dump I may go through it with Notepad++ and do some text replace operations, like where it says \r\n\r\n, actually make a new line.

I'll try to help too.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2015-02-16 10:02:24
I don't recall there being much to find in the old Pomeg glitch thread, although it comprises 20+ pages of something. Good luck in figuring out how to restore the old content.  :)

Date: 2015-02-16 10:52:41

I don't recall there being much to find in the old Pomeg glitch thread, although it comprises 20+ pages of something. Good luck in figuring out how to restore the old content.  :)

I shall be uploading a video soon but I didn't check the dump to see if it's already there. It's about the Battle Tower void, and in Platinum. What do we know about it?

EDIT: Notepad++ returned 6 matches for "battle tower void". 3 of them are duplicates and were probably used for something in the forum's software.

The posts:

Could this battle tower void be accessed by going into the void through the battle tower building backwards (by going to FS and resetting in the door)?

Also we need a name for this tech imo as its annoying to have to state "going to FS and reset in a door"

I think I'm going to start void exploring on my pearl, when I get some free time! I'd also like to know how to get into the battle tower void.

Is the menu openable? If not, it doesn't matter, except if you're in Battle Tower void. xD

EDIT 2: I published the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEZDQWCo7Uo

I was a bit reluctant in doing so after searching the Web a bit. Crystalmourne has a video about the Battle Tower void in Diamond and Pearl, along with instructions on how to get to it by tweaking. There's also this thread with some more tidbits.

I still hope you find my video interesting and that it can attract others to pursue more information about the unique voids and other related stuff.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-02-16 14:36:05
Yeah, I think it's interesting.

Wow, Crystalmourne has a lot of great Tweaking videos.

Date: 2015-02-16 14:41:07

Yeah, I think it's interesting.

I'm glad :)

Wow, Crystalmourne has a lot of great Tweaking videos.

Yup. I have also visited the unused Great Marsh in Platinum and, for some reason, the game places me lower on the axis, as if I were in a trap of the real Great Marsh.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2015-02-16 17:51:09

I remember that there were threads on YOP…

Date: 2015-02-17 09:05:53
SunakazeKun (GermanPokemon on TCRF) told me on YouTube that the Battle Tower void is map ID 0 with the internal ROM name of "EVERYWHERE". He also compiled the list of unused maps in Platinum and made a subpage on TCRF for them a while back.

After making my video, I went to the Snowpoint Mystery Zone again and opened the Town Map since I made it a registered item for the Y button. When I returned to the overworld, I was greeted with this:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/d1gVgQB.png[/img]

Is this behavior known? The glitched water tiles remind me of the ones seen in pre-release media of Diamond and Pearl. Here's a scan from CoroCoro, circa May/June 2006. I found it on Pokémon Elite 2000, which has apparently shut down; the site was still up and running not too long ago and the Internet Archive's last capture of their Diamond and Pearl page is from January 14, 2015.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/A8XkQAZ.jpg[/img]

EDIT: I tried replicating the void path to the unused Great Marsh in Platinum as Nai indicated. 14E 60N 30W… but the game froze when I reached 24W. This in DeSmuME 0.9.11 build 5098 (click here for pre-compiled SVN builds).

Here are the errors reported by DeSmuME's debugging console:

ARM9: Undefined instruction: 0xEA000095 (101000001001) PC=0x02020020
ARM9: Undefined instruction: 0xEA000095 (101000001001) PC=0x02017E9C

AniGIF:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/X6IJXIv.gif[/img]

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-02-17 11:35:26

…that's in RAM!

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2015-02-17 14:23:24

…that's in RAM!

Maybe we could use it for ACE?

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-02-17 14:38:19

Is this behavior known?

Yeah, that happens every time you reload the graphics on a Mystery Zone. On japanese versions of DP the void path for Shaymin/Darkrai involves saving in a MZ so you'd always see those graphics after reloading into Seabreak or NMI.

Date: 2015-02-17 14:59:29

Yeah, that happens every time you reload the graphics on a Mystery Zone. On japanese versions of DP the void path for Shaymin/Darkrai involves saving in a MZ so you'd always see those graphics after reloading into Seabreak or NMI.

Thanks for clarifying :)

I have checked with Pokesav and the Battle Tower void is indeed map ID 0 "EVERYWHERE". The coordinates for the spot in which I saved the game on my video are X: 467, Y: 691, Z: 0.

Date: 2015-02-18 10:18:56
I'm trying to recreate this discovery by Zowayixx in Platinum. I looked at the dump and found nothing, plus he didn't provide instructions either. When I went to east fake Sinnoh, all I could find around the amount of steps he showed was a white "Iron Island" void but I entered from northeast real Sinnoh so this might be in a southern location.